Nas & DJ Premier - Define My Name (new single out now, album releasing later this year)

Superstar
Daps
“Man, I would love to work with both of them,” Metro said when asked where a Nas or Hov feature ranks for him. “I have this long list written out of all the people I would love working with. Working with Nas on the Spider-Verse, was the first time I got to do something with him. My mom loved him and used to play his songs all the time. So, I used to go out and buy his albums when I was young.”

I would check for something like this. Metro is a little underrated for “crate” digging and working with samples. I feel like he’s got a little tiny bit of Madlib hidden inside him that he doesn’t really need to access.

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
“Man, I would love to work with both of them,” Metro said when asked where a Nas or Hov feature ranks for him. “I have this long list written out of all the people I would love working with. Working with Nas on the Spider-Verse, was the first time I got to do something with him. My mom loved him and used to play his songs all the time. So, I used to go out and buy his albums when I was young.”

key word

A full album is another story.

HNIC973

R.I.P Bandana P
Daps
Reppin
Brick City,New Jerz
:mjlol:
Listen to what I’M saying lol. I said I would bush some, if not all, of the hit collabs to hear the synergy of “Nas is Like” or “Represent” again. I want a Premo/Nas EP, tape, album, whatever more than anything.
I get it they both are my GOATS personally. Give me something dope to listen to it doesn't have to be Memory Lane Nas is Like level for me to enjoy it:manny:(which I feel what most people going to compare it to}

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Metro and Nas doesn't make sense at all. Not a fit musically and makes zero sense for Metro business wise. He wants chart success and Nas isn't bringing that.

Fraud's style has gotten old.

If there's a Primo album I'd love a multi producer album with Tip, Al, and Madlib.

I would be more interested in Nas working with a producer who can mix modern styles but can also replicate classic stuff. A lot of these trap producers can do soul and boom bap stuff kinda easy (which is why the old heads are mad at them lol). The Nas morales track was dope to me and Harry can mix a classic samples with modern basslines and drums

Tip and Al would be cool but until album this album with Preemo I cant envision nas doing someone who uses only classic east coast album

But I will say for everyone clamoring for him to work with Alchemist and Preemo, I dont think they know how much they helped wth these Hit Boy albums

The Message

Lex with tv sets the minimum
Daps
Tip is in my Top 3, and he's still crazy on the beats. He never stops working on sh*t. So I would be more excited about that collabo.
Facts. I want to hear the shyt him and LL cooked up.

I don’t why more cats don’t reach out to him. He’s a fukkin legend that still is producing heat

Life is Good

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Hitboy & Nas got the haters in a CHOKEHOLD!.

Delusional fans in here talking about Nas Is Like in 2024.

The past is just that. Let the present speak to you bc trying to relive a feeling or sound from 1994 is wild DELUSIONAL!

Damn can Prem & Nas create and enjoy whatever they may have cooked up for fans without all the comparing the new to the old? I promise you will enjoy your music experience much better if you allow yourself to accept new sounds & creativity in hip hop.

It’s so unfair to hold icons like Nas who STILL love/want to create & be apart of the current hip hop scene and prove that being a veteran full of wisdom holds value in the culture today.

Can the “stuck in the 90’s” fans grow -up and free their minds? Hip hop in 2024 & beyond wants to welcome you to the present/future.

#ILLMATIC30

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Facts. I want to hear the shyt him and LL cooked up.

I don’t why more cats don’t reach out to him. He’s a fukkin legend that still is producing heat

Cause he takes his time and is picky Im guessing
Along witht he fact that are artists are chasing who's in demand in different sub sets of hip hop

The Dust King

A Childrens Story
Daps
Reppin
the tri-state
I get it they both are my GOATS personally. Give me something dope to listen to it doesn't have to be Memory Lane Nas is Like level for me to enjoy it:manny:(which I feel what most people going to compare it to}

beat breaks is a classic

gime 10 of those im happy

fuk yall who been dissn that record

i seen all yall

:pacspit:

BiggWebb79

You Don't Have The Answers...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elm City
I think it might be a song or 2 for Illmatic 30, maybe something like a song with Premier and a Song with Dr Dre. I remember Nas saying his dream would be to drop a project with both on the same day. If we look back at 10 year & 20 year anniversary of Illmatic, he's added bonus tracks to a special edition of Illmatic. With Illmatic 10 we got On The Real & Starwars, along with a few remixes. On Illmatic 20 we got cdq versions of demo track I'm A Villian & a couple of mixtapes tracks that was floating around, along with more remixes. However, if Nas decides to drop a whole project with Premier I'm all for it.

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I would be more interested in Nas working with a producer who can mix modern styles but can also replicate classic stuff. A lot of these trap producers can do soul and boom bap stuff kinda easy (which is why the old heads are mad at them lol). The Nas morales track was dope to me and Harry can mix a classic samples with modern basslines and drums

Tip and Al would be cool but until album this album with Preemo I cant envision nas doing someone who uses only classic east coast album

But I will say for everyone clamoring for him to work with Alchemist and Preemo, I dont think they know how much they helped wth these Hit Boy albums

:comeon: