Nas & DJ Premier - Define My Name (new single out now, album releasing later this year)

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I mean Im not saying they can do it better than the greats, but I've seen Metro and obviously Hit play around and do a pretty good job:manny:

Which is why it makes people mad :lolbron:

Link?

Nobody is mad at producers making different beats.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
I would be more interested in Nas working with a producer who can mix modern styles but can also replicate classic stuff. A lot of these trap producers can do soul and boom bap stuff kinda easy (which is why the old heads are mad at them lol). The Nas morales track was dope to me and Harry can mix a classic samples with modern basslines and drums

Tip and Al would be cool but until album this album with Preemo I cant envision nas doing someone who uses only classic east coast album

But I will say for everyone clamoring for him to work with Alchemist and Preemo, I dont think they know how much they helped wth these Hit Boy albums

Premo helped with the Hit-Boy albums especially after Magic.

Alchemist did not

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Link?

Nobody is mad at producers making different beats.

I have to look for it but I remember in like 2017-2018 he got on IG stories and showed himself making boom bap/lo fi beats etc and it turned out pretty alright.

There was another trap producer who did it around that time too and specifically said "If I made a Nas beat"

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Premo helped with the Hit-Boy albums especially after Magic.

Alchemist did not

Yeah the plug chick mentioned but I am almost certain Al was in the studio when they were making Magic 2 and 3. We know A and Hit did that beat for beat joint before that and I remember seeing photos of the 3 of them in Hit's studio like early in 2023
I woudnt be surprised if like Slow it Down and What it All Really Means had the Al feedback

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The industry and fans of hip hop should be appreciative and lucky to have a GREAT artist like Nas still wanting to create music for himself and hip hop fans.

Y’all already doubting, talking down on former projects and showing just how azz backwards y’all are as hip hop fans.

No wonder hip hop is currently a clown & gossiping podcast show full of jokesters bc the fans are so fuking unserious about the art form.

Catering to old hip hop heads with this is gonna be tough, cause theyve wanted to this for years but you know they're already complaining its still too late or will complain that Preemo's beats dont hit and blame Nas even thought we know how Preemo sounds past 20 years firmly in a formular pocket apart from a couple of examples.

This is why I’ve stayed away from Nas album threads after Magic 2 dropped. Some Nas fans are just too bitter for me. They have it in their mind what Nas should sound like also nothing he releases ever gets judged on its own merit.

Icewatermetallik

TheEastisintheHouse
Daps
The problem with Primo is he's not a versatile producer like Hit is. Primo is strictly on that boom bap shyt.

But, if he can lace Nas with some stuff he has in the vault that's similar to "Nas is Like", "Second Childhood", "I Gave You Power" or "Memory Lane", then we talking.

But, idk if Primo has it in him to still make beats like those

Superstar
Daps
Hitboy & Nas got the haters in a CHOKEHOLD!.

Delusional fans in here talking about Nas Is Like in 2024.

The past is just that. Let the present speak to you bc trying to relive a feeling or sound from 1994 is wild DELUSIONAL!

Damn can Prem & Nas create and enjoy whatever they may have cooked up for fans without all the comparing the new to the old? I promise you will enjoy your music experience much better if you allow yourself to accept new sounds & creativity in hip hop.

It’s so unfair to hold icons like Nas who STILL love/want to create & be apart of the current hip hop scene and prove that being a veteran full of wisdom holds value in the culture today.

Can the “stuck in the 90’s” fans grow -up and free their minds? Hip hop in 2024 & beyond wants to welcome you to the present/future.

#ILLMATIC30

Nũcca we ARE grown, and I said I appreciated the hit boy series. But I would gladly take a premo collab in its place, given the chance. There’s literally nothing to cry about. Talking bout “hit boy haters” lmaooo. The nikka did his thing and now the series is over, I’m old enough to be hyped about Premo, deal with it.

Life is Good

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nũcca we ARE grown, and I said I appreciated the hit boy series. But I would gladly take a premo collab in its place, given the chance. There’s literally nothing to cry about. Talking bout “hit boy haters” lmaooo. The nikka did his thing and now the series is over, I’m old enough to be hyped about Premo, deal with it.
What the fuk are you talking about? Obviously you feel some type of way about me saying “Hit & Nas haters.” So the statement must apply to you. Good you’re hyped about Prem bc NO ONE INSINUATED THAT YOU SHOULDN’T BE!
Mixed Nuts!

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
What the fuk are you talking about? Obviously you feel some type of way about me saying “Hit & Nas haters.” So the statement must apply to you. Good you’re hyped about Prem bc NO ONE INSINUATED THAT YOU SHOULDN’T BE!
Mixed Nuts!

Bu bu bu but…..WHAT ABOUT PETE ROCK?!?!?!

Slim Charles

All Star
Daps
If something is dropping midnight we should be getting more news soon right? Given tomorrow the anniversary?

Superstar
Daps
Mixed Nuts!
:russ:
No insinuation was needed as YOU came in here very vocally riding for Hit, as if he was actually being hated on, when he wasn’t. Did you already forget your own post? Did you think no one would respond to it?

:damn:
Leave hIt BwOi AlOnuhh!

:heh:
Breh we like him and his contributions too, as well as the other modern Nas projects. Aint no haters in here, we enjoy most things Nas or we wouldn’t be here…. Unless it’s either day and some Jay Stan comes through with the occasional gnauze lawst.
Bu bu bu but…..WHAT ABOUT PETE ROCK?!?!?!
:skip:
I hope he makes an appearance too, but that’s doubtful and I’m already happy with his Common collab project.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
:russ:
No insinuation was needed as YOU came in here very vocally riding for Hit, as if he was actually being hated on, when he wasn’t. Did you already forget your own post? Did you think no one would respond to it?

:damn:
Leave hIt BwOi AlOnuhh!

:heh:
Breh we like him and his contributions too, as well as the other modern Nas projects. Aint no haters in here, we enjoy most things Nas or we would be here…. Unless it’s either day and some Jay Stan comes through with the occasional gnauze lawst.

:skip:
I hope he makes an appearance too, but that’s doubtful and I’m already happy with his Common collab project.

Nas and Pete Rock will more than likely never work together again.

But that Com album is going to be dope. The snippet they put out a few weeks ago was fire

The Dust King

A Childrens Story
Daps
Reppin
the tri-state
I never shytted on Beat Breaks I liked it would've been a standout on KD1 imo:manny:
my bad my vitrol wasnt toward you

it was toward all the posters in here with more than 100 posts and the ones sayin pete rock and alchemist are better

i quoted you becuz nas and preem my goats

HNIC973

R.I.P Bandana P
Daps
Reppin
Brick City,New Jerz
The problem with Primo is he's not a versatile producer like Hit is. Primo is strictly on that boom bap shyt.

But, if he can lace Nas with some stuff he has in the vault that's similar to "Nas is Like", "Second Childhood", "I Gave You Power" or "Memory Lane", then we talking.

But, idk if Primo has it in him to still make beats like those
If he had anything similar to those they wouldn't be in the vault :dead: