Narcos Season 3 (Official Thread)

Daps
Reppin
T Dot
Seeing all these cartel kings in Columbia rise and fall. And now looking at Columbia there's no major cartel power like b4. They got small militant factions here and there. And still producing in da jungle. But nothing on medellin, or Cali levels.

But Mexico is still goin strong n you could say longer and more legitimate in many ways. How come what worked in turning around Columbia isn't or hasn't worked in Mexico? They both got extradition and help from US.

Like hotel zone Cancun all those nite clubs, restaurants, bars are all owned by cartel. The entire taxi system is run by cartel. Same thing in Acapulco and all da other resort towns.

WesCrook

Veteran
Daps
Chepe seemed like an "Escobar"- type guy with his methods and personality.

Sucks that Edward James Olmos is old. He would have been perfect for this show for a more prominent role at an earlier age.

KENNY DA COOKER

HARD ON HOES is not a word it's a LIFESTYLE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
F
Pacho Herra was a known flamer. But he had respect tho. Pacho was also the one who really set upm shop in NY too. Dude moved there to work in the diamond industry in the 70s and ended up moving coke. There would have been no flooding NY without him. Im on ep 6, not sure if they mentioned that in later eps tho. You can also see them clearly laying the ground work for the Mexicans in the upcoming seasons. Not 1l00 on this but I think that Lord of the Skies guy was who on top before Chapo came along in Mexico.

I'm sure most brehs won't agree, but this my favorite season. True Pablo himself was more entertaining, but this season has more interesting characters and a deeper storyline. Also personally I dig it more cuz I used to be cool with this Colombian chick from Cali who mentioned the "Gentleman of Cali" before. And she described them just how the show did. The Medillin crew were considered to be low life hicks with no class basically, the Cali dudes was the refined ones, going to equestrian events, fashion shows and always at the high society stuff. Won't lie tho that scene in the dance hall in ep 1 (before Pacho pulled up) got me wanting to make my way down to Columbia now. That salsa dancing with a Latin chica looked fun AF. Them folks down there seem like they know how to throw a good ass party.

Yeah Lord of the Skies was top dog in Mexico before the Chapo days

The CIA gave him a pass like they did the Cali Cartel ...

Till he started dabbling a little in politics from a nationalist perspective..

"somebody has to get their hands dirty for the sake of Mexico..and if that means moving drugs...well then..let's move em!" - Amado Carrilo

He didn't go as far as Esco

But it was enough to make him a target for DEATH by the CIA

FULL MOVIE: "LORD OF THE SKIES" the story of the SUPER-TRAFFICKER "AMADO CARILLO"

Last edited:

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
Finished yesterday

It didn't disappoint, maybe my favorite is still season 2 overall but this third almost on that level.
I found the Jorge story line fascinating it was a new approach to this world and I could sympathize with the guy a lot more than with the DEA guys, in a sense he was the main hero of the show "snitch" or not.

Also the show poses an interesting moral question imo but it doesn't indulge in it that much only at spots.

Namely: The need for drugs like cocaine will ALWAYS be present, they can't stop that with no war on drugs neither they can stop everyone to provide those drugs, it' like a cycle, they lock down one organization the next steps in its place. Medellin --> Cali --> Guadalajara/Gulf/Tijuana etc...

So if we accept these as facts and I think we have to wouldn't it be for the greater good if American agencies like the DEA would pick the least violent, most sophisticated, business like organization - which is Cali in this case - and let them operate rather than chasing them.
If there will be always a provider of drugs why shouldn't it happen under the most controlled and peaceful circumstances with the most level headed organization monopolizing the trafficking?

They brought down Cali and what did they achieve with it? That the Norte del Valle, a more primitive and violent organization gained more ground instead? That they further empowered the AUC (Castanos)? That the center of coke trafficking pushed north to Mexico where the power relations were and are a lot less clear thin they were in Columbia during the Cali era all that resulting in almost non stop bloody narco wars birthing things like the Zetas or the Los Caballeros Templarios on the way while demanding the life of more thousand civilians during the years? Is that what the DEA achieved? Wouldn't it have been better if they made a backdoor deal with the Rodriguez brothers?

On the other hand there's the law which roots in the classical moral which says that large scale drug dealers shouldn't get away with their activities and they should serve time in jail in the name of classic justice. Doesn't this approach lacks the broader context of the situation though?

Interesting moral problem imo​

KENNY DA COOKER

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
F
Finished yesterday

It didn't disappoint, maybe my favorite is still season 2 overall but this third almost on that level.
I found the Jorge story line fascinating it was a new approach to this world and I could sympathize with the guy a lot more than with the DEA guys, in a sense he was the main hero of the show "snitch" or not.

Also the show poses an interesting moral question imo but it doesn't indulge in it that much only at spots.

Namely: The need for drugs like cocaine will ALWAYS be present, they can't stop that with no war on drugs neither they can stop everyone to provide those drugs, it' like a cycle, they lock down one organization the next steps in its place. Medellin --> Cali --> Guadalajara/Gulf/Tijuana etc...

So if we accept these as facts and I think we have to wouldn't it be for the greater good if American agencies like the DEA would pick the least violent, most sophisticated, business like organization - which is Cali in this case - and let them operate rather than chasing them.
If there will be always a provider of drugs why shouldn't it happen under the most controlled and peaceful circumstances with the most level headed organization monopolizing the trafficking?

They brought down Cali and what did they achieve with it? That the Norte del Valle, a more primitive and violent organization gained more ground instead? That they further empowered the AUC (Castanos)? That the center of coke trafficking pushed north to Mexico where the power relations were and are a lot less clear thin they were in Columbia during the Cali era all that resulting in almost non stop bloody narco wars birthing things like the Zetas or the Los Caballeros Templarios on the way while demanding the life of more thousand civilians during the years? Is that what the DEA achieved? Wouldn't it have been better if they made a backdoor deal with the Rodriguez brothers?

On the other hand there's the law which roots in the classical moral which says that large scale drug dealers shouldn't get away with their activities and they should serve time in jail in the name of classic justice. Doesn't this approach lacks the broader context of the situation though?

Interesting moral problem imo​

Great analysis breh...

But you failed to.mention one significant dynamic

The subversive Chess game that the CIA was playing against the DEA

which is basically the underlying theme of this whole series since the first season

The CIA didn't want to DESTROY the cartels or even the drug trade

They just wanted to regulate it :manny:

Especially when the narco traffickers were seen as an effective tool against the Communists of Latin and South America

Which is why Stechner was such a thorn in the side of Murphy and Pena

27out2016---eric-lange-que-interpreta-o-agente-da-cia-bill-stechner-publica-foto-nos-bastidores-das-gravacoes-da-terceira-temporada-de-narcos-serie-da-netflix-1478111904269_500x500.jpg

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
Great analysis breh...

But you failed to.mention one significant dynamic

The subversive Chess game that the CIA was playing against the DEA

which is basically the underlying theme of this whole series since the first season

The CIA didn't want to DESTROY the cartels or even the drug trade

They just wanted to regulate it :manny:

Especially when the narco traffickers were seen as an effective tool against the Communists of Latin and South America

Which is why Stechner was such a thorn in the side of Murphy and Pena

27out2016---eric-lange-que-interpreta-o-agente-da-cia-bill-stechner-publica-foto-nos-bastidores-das-gravacoes-da-terceira-temporada-de-narcos-serie-da-netflix-1478111904269_500x500.jpg
that's true, although I doubt they did it for the greater good, they did it because you also mentioned: political agendas it just accidentally happened to be also the greater good this time.

Also an interesting question what are Pena's true motivations, what drives him?
He seemingly knows that this war can't be won abut he still makes the war against the Cali cartel so much of a priority that he affiliates himself with Berna and the AUC one more time also he gives Berna an exit jail card so he further corrupts himself. It just seem he has no greater goal he just lives in the moment and his only true goal is to win -imaginary- duels against cartel bosses with arresting them. It's even more confusing cause he probably doesn't even do it for his personal career, at the end he airs out their laundry and resigns... he just does it for the cat-mouse game and the excitement imo, he's simply a shell who can't do anything else with his life. At the end somebody even tells him "Come on, what else a guy like you can do?" when they invite him to Mexico.

KENNY DA COOKER

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
F
that's true, although I doubt they did it for the greater good, they did it because you also mentioned: political agendas it just accidentally happened to be also the greater good this time.

But you have to ask yourself...

What is exactly the "Greater Good" being achieved in that scenario?

Better yet define "Good"..

Because I don't find anything "good" about the Feds using the Narcos to drive out the Commies in an effort to secure the Latino market for Greedy Corporations and other insensitive elements of the Private Sector

Just recently a whole tribe of indigenous Indians was slaughtered in Brazil due to the efforts of some GOLD MINERS whom had no regard for humanity at all...women and kids included!

So we gonna sit here and subscribe to this dumbazz narrative that the Cartels are the bad guys and the DEA and CiA are the saints in suit and ties...

Puhleeze.....

Everything is not what it seems or what the media portrays it to be

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love

Because I don't find anything "good" about the Feds using the Narcos to drive out the Commies in an effort to secure the Latino market for Greedy Corporations and other insensitive elements of the Private Sector

Just recently a whole tribe of indigenous Indians was slaughtered in Brazil due to the efforts of some GOLD MINERS whom had no regard for humanity at all...women and kids included!

So we gonna sit here and subscribe to this dumbazz narrative that the Cartels are the bad guys and the DEA and CiA are the saints in suit and ties...

Puhleeze.....

@The HONORABLE SKJ is right. It's never about the greater god. It's about whats best for American interest which often has nothing to do with "good". American interest is to push a democracy that they can manipulate at will in order to get what they want. Wait til cocaine becomes legal and you'll see the biggest companies selling them will be american companies.. If you ever have a minute check out the show boardwalk empire as an example. THem greety fukkers were condemning liquor dealers and at the same time influencing congress to make it legal while building thier liquor factories

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps

Puhleeze.....

also @Intruder v3.0

You got me wrong here, I didn´t talk about the CIA wanting the greater good

the greater good I was talking about = letting the Cali cartel operate so there will be no drug war in Columbia and Latin America the most peaceful organization will rule
now in this case the CIA political goals accidentally fall together with the greater good cause they wanted to leave the Cali cartel alone

I doN´t say that CIA are the good guys or whatsoever

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Seeing all these cartel kings in Columbia rise and fall. And now looking at Columbia there's no major cartel power like b4. They got small militant factions here and there. And still producing in da jungle. But nothing on medellin, or Cali levels.

But Mexico is still goin strong n you could say longer and more legitimate in many ways. How come what worked in turning around Columbia isn't or hasn't worked in Mexico? They both got extradition and help from US.

Like hotel zone Cancun all those nite clubs, restaurants, bars are all owned by cartel. The entire taxi system is run by cartel. Same thing in Acapulco and all da other resort towns.

I think the government in Columbia realizes they can't stop the cartels from forming but they can control how big they can become. They've probably been dividing and conquering these cartels and if any cartel gets too strong they'll take em out

Mexico is a complete narco state, it's too late

KENNY DA COOKER

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
F
I think the government in Columbia realizes they can't stop the cartels from forming but they can control how big they can become. They've probably been dividing and conquering these cartels and if any cartel gets too strong they'll take em out

Mexico is a complete narco state, it's too late

All the banana republics including the bulk of the carribean islands are Narco states just not as publicized as Colombia and Mexico

I remember covering an reggae event in the early 2gs in Mandeville Jamaica hearing about a deadly shooting near within the capital city Kingston Jamaica ...

Come to find out a group of unidentified Colombians came thru and riddled 4 men on a street corner with Bullets..

One of the four was well respected "don" known as Willie Haggart ..the boss of the Black Roses Crew whom according to THE DEA was responsible for being a conduit for a third of the cocaine coming from S. America to the United States ...

Within 3 years the whole posse infrastructure was eliminated

Supercat with Willie Haggart (RIP)..Bogle (RIP)...Ice (RIP)

Last edited: