I saw some articles with links to the girl that inspired the character

sara_cosio.jpg

Sara-Cosio-la-novia-de-caro-quintero.jpg

caro-quintero-y-sara-cosio-una-historia-de-amor.jpg

Redwing80

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
that wasn't the deal tho... she said she wanted 20% of the plaza's profits. not to run the shyt. he agreed to it. he could have negotiated whatever he wanted.. he chose to agree to that dumbass request..

and if it wasn't for her, he'd have zero coke.. he'd actually be dead for trying to slide in on the coke business with no supplier or backing.
She had 0 power and without power she has no bargaining rights. He didn't do the deal cause there would be no repercussion for not following through

If they wasn't so close he would've killed her

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
If I was a Mexican drug lord, i would call myself El Bucho Young Guadalupe Fernando Caesar Chavez Ukelele Mierda Culo Shepherd!

:mjgrin:

"Boss of Bosses!
International Ambassador of COKE!!"
:blessed:

DrHackenbush

Happy wars/sad love songs
Daps
This season was great. That scene where that super righteous cop had Felix cornered in that house with the gun to his dome and Felix offered him that 2 milly was great. Next thing Felix is back in the game and right at the top of the food chain. Just goes to show no matter how good someone's intentions are they always have their price

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
This show and that forgotten shows from the 90s thread reminded me of probably the first Cartel show that didn't blow but was way ahead of its time called "Kingpin" from 2003, was on NBC, only lasted 6 eps. Anyone else remember this show? They on YouTube, dope quality.

They cancelled it because of poor ratings and they didn't want to glorify drug dealers. Times have changed as the cartel wave been going strong for a minute now.

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This show and that forgotten shows from the 90s thread reminded me of probably the first Cartel show that didn't blow but was way ahead of its time called "Kingpin" from 2003, was on NBC, only lasted 6 eps. Anyone else remember this show? They on YouTube, dope quality.

They cancelled it because of poor ratings and they didn't want to glorify drug dealers. Times have changed as the cartel wave been going strong for a minute now.

Big props to you! I own the KINGPIN TV series on DVD. It was WAYYYYYYYYYY ahead of it's time. And honestly, it's really gritty and grimey for Network TV.

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
Big props to you! I own the KINGPIN TV series on DVD. It was WAYYYYYYYYYY ahead of it's time. And honestly, it's really gritty and grimey for Network TV.
Right on. Yeah , I was upset when they cancelled it. Then I forgot all about that show, it's crazy how time flies and now these Cartel shows are huge. Main actor is in that queen of the south too.

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
Yea, Murphy said there was a huge open bounty on DEA agents in Colombia (forgot the number), but no one was stupid enough to do it. It's one thing to have the US gov't on your ass b/c you move drugs. It's another thing to have them on your ass b/c you killed one of their own. Cartels didn't want those problems.
that foreshadowing

Tony D'Amato

It's all about the inches
Daps
Reppin
Inches
So Chapo is half illiterate:jbhmm:

Who wss the real boss of the Sinaloa cartel brehs:usure:

Let the media tell it, its the most advanced cartel ever. No way Chapo built that