Nancy Pelosi’s husband ATTACKED in their San Francisco home

Micky Mikey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Very telling that so many Republicans are once again downplaying another assassination attempt on a prominent member of the Democratic party. Its crazy how normalized this has all become. Mark my words if they're given the House and Senate and then go on to win another presedential election this type of stochastic terrorism will become more frequent. People just don't understand how close we are to the brink.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Very telling that so many Republicans are once again downplaying another assassination attempt on a prominent member of the Democratic party. Its crazy how normalized this has all become. Mark my words if they're given the House and Senate and then go on to win another presedential election this type of stochastic terrorism will become more frequent. People just don't understand how close we are to the brink.

Not just downplaying it - ones like Charlie Kirk and Donald Trump Jr. are openly celebrating it.

Scustin Bieburr

Baby baybee baybee UUUGH
Daps
Are you surprised? These guys aren't Republicans anymore. They've taken over the party and are just using the branding and talking points for their real agenda.

They aren't interested in democracy, they aren't interested in governing. They want power to use against their political opponents. As long as democrats continue to act like these guys are acting in good faith this thing will continue.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
There’s no IF . There was early reporting errors or someone is lying. They said someone called the police to perform a welfare check.

Paul Pelosi called 911 and left the phone open. The 911 operator listened to the background conversation, found it disturbing, and sent the police to perform a welfare check. That has never been in doubt.

They said a unknown person let the police in.

The police reported that they were let in. News agencies picked that up and called it an "unknown person" because the police didn't specify who it was. But the police have since clarified that only Paul and his attacker were in the house, so one of them let them in.

My guess is that the police are trying to cover their ass, because either the attacker let them in, or the attacker allowed Paul to open the door, and then they fukked up and let Paul get hit anyway. So they're avoiding giving the exact details to the press to keep their own actions from coming under scrutiny.

The phone call I posted has the police dispatch stating exactly what I said. I haven’t posted anything, but the official story as it’s been released.

The dispatcher said that HE said his name was David and that he was a friend. You assumed the "he" was Paul, when the "he" was almost certainly the attacker. You misunderstood the pronoun.

You guardian of the democrat galaxy nikkas need to calm the fukk down. Not everything is right wing/Russian propaganda.

But obvious right wing propaganda is right wing propaganda. :mjlol:

Sometimes shyt just doesn’t make sense:manny:

If your choices are either clarifying minor errors that came out early when some online outlets didn't have all the facts, or believing in some giant conspiracy that would force you to believe 10 other things that make way less sense, Occum's Razor suggests it makes more sense to just clarify the minor errors.

That shyt happens with every early report. Think about how many times a news story has been posted in TLR with certain assumptions made off of early reports and then turned out to be completely wrong because of one wrong word or misplaced assumption? That's why you should wait for all the facts to come out before expressing a hot take.

Micky Mikey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Not just downplaying it - ones like Charlie Kirk and Donald Trump Jr. are openly celebrating it.
You're right. Its crazy where we are now as a society when you take a step back. We aren't too far off from 1930's Germany in terms of the level of extremism the Republicans are displaying.

Sir Richard Spirit

Superstar
Daps
Paul Pelosi called 911 and left the phone open. The 911 operator listened to the background conversation, found it disturbing, and sent the police to perform a welfare check. That has never been in doubt.

The police reported that they were let in. News agencies picked that up and called it an "unknown person" because the police didn't specify who it was. But the police have since clarified that only Paul and his attacker were in the house, so one of them let them in.

My guess is that the police are trying to cover their ass, because either the attacker let them in, or the attacker allowed Paul to open the door, and then they fukked up and let Paul get hit anyway. So they're avoiding giving the exact details to the press to keep their own actions from coming under scrutiny.

The dispatcher said that HE said his name was David and that he was a friend. You assumed the "he" was Paul, when the "he" was almost certainly the attacker. You misunderstood the pronoun.

But obvious right wing propaganda is right wing propaganda. :mjlol:

If your choices are either clarifying minor errors that came out early when some online outlets didn't have all the facts, or believing in some giant conspiracy that would force you to believe 10 other things that make way less sense, Occum's Razor suggests it makes more sense to just clarify the minor errors.

That shyt happens with every early report. Think about how many times a news story has been posted in TLR with certain assumptions made off of early reports and then turned out to be completely wrong because of one wrong word or misplaced assumption? That's why you should wait for all the facts to come out before expressing a hot take.

I don’t understand why are you breaking this down to me. I already early said reporting was the issue. :dahell:

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town

Growing up, we'd see this kind of stuff in the news in other countries and shake our heads about how barbaric they were. Now that it's happening people don't even discuss it, like it didn't even happen. It's not even top of the news or trending after a day. It's crazy how things change and become a part of the new normal. Somewhere in a more democratic country, people are shaking their heads at us and thanking the universe they were born where they were.