N64: Name a Next Gen that I ain't Influenced

King Sun

Big Boss
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
N64 was a great system but if I had a time machine I wouldn't change anything and I'd still cop a PSX over it, it had far more options in terms of gaming

smh at having 2 dope games drop every year. I remember the only games having at launch was war gods and some other bull I forgot. I don't think mario 64 dropped til a year later

King Sun

Big Boss
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
:bryan::bryan::bryan:
so shytty, i had this and superman:damn::damn::damn:

craziest thing I brought the game mainly because of there was no other games to play from launch. Not talking nothing away from the 3-d stuff nintendo innovated but it was a kinda like the ps3. It had superior graphics and some innovate titles but it failed to deliver such games during launch. Only difference is ps3 on paper have more and better exclusives and is able to keep selling where as the n64 because a dead anchor on a ship

up in here

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
just stop it, the psx and ps2 are probably two of the top 3 consoles of all time. The game library takes a nasty shyt all over the n64 and any nintendo console released since.

GTFOH. I owned both but no way would i put em in the top 3 of all time.

as far as n64, i really loved the n64 because it had those really great classic games, but of course as far as an entire library they was lacking. they really didn't utilize the hardware like they could have, but when they did they made exceptional games. and i loved the psx for the massive library but the games usually got old quick, but they did push their hardware to the limit alot of the time. so i ended up purchasing more n64 games and hiring more psx games.

me and my boys used to go crazy with the 4 player multiplayer games, that was ill, goldeneye, mario kart 64, starfox, bomberman, anything with 4 players we used to throw down.

Sierra Mist

Banned
Daps
Golden Eye
Perfect Dark
Mario 64
Banjo Kazooie
Mario Kart 64
Ocarina of Time
Majora’s Mask
Super Smash Bros
Diddy Kong Racing
Star Fox 64
Donkey Kong 64
Banjo Tooie
Mario Party
Turok 2
Donkey Kong 64

Here's 15 N64 games.
Which of these do you consider obscure?

YES!!!! I play them all the time on my computer now. Best system. :win:

Kaydigi

Akatsuki
Supporter
Daps
PSX was a trash and inferior system. shyt was poorly constructed and had shytty load times. The shyt had madden so nikkas will over hype it, but when it came to quality games the pickings were few and FAR inbetween.

:trash:

Daps
Reppin
HAWAII
never seen so many uninformed fakkits in one thread.

the notion that that n64 had ANYTHING to do with online gaming or multiplayer gaming is the DUMBEST fukking thing i've ever heard

fukking kill yourself for saying that shyt you dumb fakkit

Kodie

Pro
Daps
Gave y'all chapters...

- Changed 3D gaming forever with Mario 64

- D-pad + analog stick control

- Popularized and perfected analog stick on controls

- Console and controllers come in a variety of colors

- 4 controller ports built in

- Rumble feature on controls

- Upgradable memory

- Kicked off the multi-player games frenzy which eventually led to online gaming

- Re-invented the the first person shooter genre with Goldeneye

- Having the best wrestling games ever which still can't be matched to this day.

:smugdraper:

N64 was awesome but I'd like to offer some counterpoints

- Mario 64 was fantastic. One of the greatest. But I think we can point to all sorts of games that similarly changed gaming forever.

- DPad + analog seems like a redundant point. DPad is a foregone conclusion and you already bring up analog stick in your next point.

- Certainly popularized and reinvigorated by Nintendo. No question. But I would argue, analog controls were improved upon by Sony and perfected by Microsoft.

- Variety of colors? :yeshrug:

- 4 controller ports built in - can't argue that.

- Can't argue rumble either.

- Upgradable memory isn't much of a selling point I'd say. And it certainly wasn't the first system to have life-extending add-ons.

- Goldeneye did very little for shooters in the grand scheme of things. Shooters were already mega-popular on PC. Goldeneye then lent some credence and credibility to the idea of having shooters for console but the game that really catapulted that notion was Halo. Without Halo, shooters wouldn't be the supergenre that they are today.

- It did have the best wrestling games but I don't see how that influenced anything or anyone to be honest.

FYI, my all time favorite console is PS2 :yes:

Also, LOL @ N64 doing anything for online gaming.

Darts

Spittin' em
Daps
:huh: Y'all do realize that "online gaming" is merely taking the concept of 4 players in the living room and spreading it over the net right?

I wasn't talking about the technology or anything like that, but the concept of the multiplayer experience (which Nintendo was :king: of) and having it evolve to what we have today.

Putting it another way...had Nintendo been the first to introduce online gaming after the N64, wouldn't people think it was the logical evolution of what they started with their multiplayer platform?

Spliff

Godzilla got busy.
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
sonytheif.jpg

:skip:

Darts

Spittin' em
Daps
N64 was awesome but I'd like to offer some counterpoints

- Mario 64 was fantastic. One of the greatest. But I think we can point to all sorts of games that similarly changed gaming forever.

- DPad + analog seems like a redundant point. DPad is a foregone conclusion and you already bring up analog stick in your next point.

- Certainly popularized and reinvigorated by Nintendo. No question. But I would argue, analog controls were improved upon by Sony and perfected by Microsoft.

- Variety of colors? :yeshrug:

- 4 controller ports built in - can't argue that.

- Can't argue rumble either.

- Upgradable memory isn't much of a selling point I'd say. And it certainly wasn't the first system to have life-extending add-ons.

- Goldeneye did very little for shooters in the grand scheme of things. Shooters were already mega-popular on PC. Goldeneye then lent some credence and credibility to the idea of having shooters for console but the game that really catapulted that notion was Halo. Without Halo, shooters wouldn't be the supergenre that they are today.

- It did have the best wrestling games but I don't see how that influenced anything or anyone to be honest.

FYI, my all time favorite console is PS2 :yes:

Also, LOL @ N64 doing anything for online gaming.

lol I mentioned that to swag on 'em. :takedat:

While I appreciate ur post, u missed the point....N64 was practically the "first" to do a lot of things I mentioned, which future consoles eventually bit off of...that CAN'T be argued. :win:

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey
Gave y'all chapters...

- Changed 3D gaming forever with Mario 64

- D-pad + analog stick control

- Popularized and perfected analog stick on controls

- Console and controllers come in a variety of colors

- 4 controller ports built in

- Rumble feature on controls

- Upgradable memory

- Kicked off the multi-player games frenzy which eventually led to online gaming

- Re-invented the the first person shooter genre with Goldeneye

- Having the best wrestling games ever which still can't be matched to this day.

:smugdraper:
realest shyt you ever wrote