Gave y'all chapters...

- Changed 3D gaming forever with Mario 64

- D-pad + analog stick control

- Popularized and perfected analog stick on controls

- Console and controllers come in a variety of colors

- 4 controller ports built in

- Rumble feature on controls

- Upgradable memory

- Kicked off the multi-player games frenzy which eventually led to online gaming

- Re-invented the the first person shooter genre with Goldeneye

- Having the best wrestling games ever which still can't be matched to this day.

:smugdraper:

When you're right, you're right. :manny: Especially the bolded. WCW/NWO revenge >>>>>>>

Black Hans

Follow Jesus. Be Beautiful
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
John 14:6
did not lead to online gaming

Console hardware had some nice ideas, but as far as gaming goes...nah it was a failure. It led to the downward spiral of Nintendo. They have been progressively worse since the N64.

Gamecube was the downfall of Nintendo as a real gaming console. N64 was :stylin: Outside of RE4 and Eternal Darkness shyt was :flabbynsick:

Whitty Hutton

these posters are TRASH
Daps
Reppin
retired
I think some of y'all don't remember (or don't know) what a phenomenon Goldeneye was back in the day. We used to spend HOURS on that multiplayer shyt...just straight KILLING it. Not to mention the single player story mode blew everyone away. It held down and re-invented the genre. You can definitely see its influence in future fps.

For real. I can't speak for you rich kids in the burbs, but nikkas weren't doing no PC gaming, a lot of us didnt even have computers in 97. So all gaming was consoles, and getting together for soem Goldeneye was hours of fun that just hadnt been experienced before

The Guru

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ocarina of Time was the last time i was legitimately in awe of a video game. AWE. Last time.

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey
Mario 64 and Mario Kart 64 where awesome...but overall

SNES, NES > N64

just on games alone

laugh1v6b1.gif

:pacspit:

King Sun

Big Boss
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
For real. I can't speak for you rich kids in the burbs, but nikkas weren't doing no PC gaming, a lot of us didnt even have computers in 97. So all gaming was consoles, and getting together for soem Goldeneye was hours of fun that just hadnt been experienced before

I can co sign this. cpus back when was 1500-3000gs

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
the ps1 hate is blasphemy

ps1 shyts on n64 as far as influence on console games. They can have that fps shyt, and the wrestling.

We got the open world games, the sports... until the dreamcast came out you played sports games on ps1...

mario 64 :childplease: ps1 has countless open world games like this that are much more detailed and interesting...tenchu series, tomb raider, metal gear. FOH with this mario 64 trash, there is plenty random games too legacy of kain, crash bandicoot, spyro the dragon>>>N64 .. that crash racing game takes a shyt on mariokart...even the sounds/music/set up of playstation was so much better. Had a better rumble controller with the rumble built in.
HAD A CD PLAYER IN IT...
ape escape
tony hawk 1-4
syphon filter series
grand theft auto
game demos :ahh:

the more i think the more this isn't even debatable

gran turismo
driver
introduced those rock band type games with that pa rappa the rappa shyt
tekken :ahh:

had a marvel vs. game.....im pretty sure there was a street fighter or even a few for ps1.

its looking terrible for N64

c/s the bolded. That shyt was easily better than Mario Kart 64, EASILY.

Never got its just due because it wasn't Mario Kart, simple as that.

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey
the mods should start banning dude. lame said Crash racing was Mario Kart. Ya bottom lip dont even believe that lie.