N64: Name a Next Gen that I ain't Influenced

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
:huh: Y'all do realize that "online gaming" is merely taking the concept of 4 players in the living room and spreading it over the net right?

I wasn't talking about the technology or anything like that, but the concept of the multiplayer experience (which Nintendo was :king: of) and having it evolve to what we have today.

Putting it another way...had Nintendo been the first to introduce online gaming after the N64, wouldn't people think it was the logical evolution of what they started with their multiplayer platform?
microsoft copied how multiplayer was handled on the PC and monetized p2p. Sony since has copied Microsoft.

You guys are holding on to your childhood which is understandable, but most gaming heads remember the N64 as a system with great potential for graphics, but fell short with 3rd party titles, the loss of final fantasy, and terrible audio compared to the PSX.

Its really that simple man, the console had maybe 10-15 must have exclusives spread over a 5 year stretch which is unacceptable. lol I remember my friend holding on with how great OoT was because he had nothing else to hold on to. Keep in mind this was a furious nintendo fanboy who justified all his purchases like the jumper pack for donkey Kong and all that shyt. He bought a PS2 and started coping all the old psx shyt and admitted he took a big L. (he was going to skip the ps2 and go with Nintendo as his only console again that gen :heh:)

Deezay

All Star
Daps
Reppin
These Kids
WCW_vs._nWo_-_World_Tour_Coverart.png
220px-NoMercyGameBox.jpg
Wwfwrestlemania2000n64.jpg
wcwrevenge2.jpg

:myman:

Trip

slippery slope
Daps
Reppin
FL
Mario 64 and Mario Kart 64 where awesome...but overall

SNES, NES > N64

just on games alone

dc007

All Star
Daps
Reppin
DC
Both N64 and PSX were good system. But I think N64 had the best games in terms of what is classic...PSX overall had more good games though.

Standout from each system:

N64- Zelda OOT (prolly top 5 game of all time), Mario 64, goldeneye 64

PSX - Final Fantasy 7, MGS

Spliff

Godzilla got busy.
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
My game list looked somethin like..

Super Smash Bros
Mario Kart 64
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
Super Mario 64
GoldenEye 007
Perfect Dark
Diddy Kong Racing
Turok 2: Seeds of Evil
Mario Tennis
Conker's Bad Fur Day
Paper Mario
Donkey Kong 64
F-Zero X
Banjo Kazooie
Banjo Tooie
Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire
Mischief Makers
Starfox 64
Resident Evil 2
WWF No Mercy
WWF Wrestlemania 2000
Pokemon Stadium 1 and 2 (the mini games :bow:)
Pokemon Snap
Mortal Kombat 4
Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards
Mario Party series
Tony Hawk Pro Skater series
NFL Blitz 2000
Gex 3
Earthworm Jim 3
Glover
BattleTanx: Global Assault

Never felt like there was a shortage of games :manny:

Darts

Spittin' em
Daps
*Sees Nas avi on OP exist thread*

What does Nintendo and Nas have in common? Ls on top of Ls.

:huh: U been living under a rock the past 24 hours my nikka?

Team Nas been eating real good and winning. :dj2:

:win:

Poppa_Dock

:gladlebron:
Daps
Reppin
Banana Town
the ps1 hate is blasphemy

ps1 shyts on n64 as far as influence on console games. They can have that fps shyt, and the wrestling.

We got the open world games, the sports... until the dreamcast came out you played sports games on ps1...

mario 64 :childplease: ps1 has countless open world games like this that are much more detailed and interesting...tenchu series, tomb raider, metal gear. FOH with this mario 64 trash, there is plenty random games too legacy of kain, crash bandicoot, spyro the dragon>>>N64 .. that crash racing game takes a shyt on mariokart...even the sounds/music/set up of playstation was so much better. Had a better rumble controller with the rumble built in.
HAD A CD PLAYER IN IT...
ape escape
tony hawk 1-4
syphon filter series
grand theft auto
game demos :ahh:

the more i think the more this isn't even debatable

gran turismo
driver
introduced those rock band type games with that pa rappa the rappa shyt
tekken :ahh:

had a marvel vs. game.....im pretty sure there was a street fighter or even a few for ps1.

its looking terrible for N64

Darts

Spittin' em
Daps
the ps1 hate is blasphemy

ps1 shyts on n64 as far as influence on console games. They can have that fps shyt, and the wrestling.

We got the open world games, the sports... until the dreamcast came out you played sports games on ps1...

mario 64 :childplease: ps1 has countless open world games like this that are much more detailed and interesting...tenchu series, tomb raider, metal gear. FOH with this mario 64 trash, there is plenty random games too legacy of kain, crash bandicoot, spyro the dragon>>>N64 .. that crash racing game takes a shyt on mariokart...even the sounds/music/set up of playstation was so much better. Had a better rumble controller with the rumble built in.
HAD A CD PLAYER IN IT...
ape escape
tony hawk 1-4
syphon filter series
grand theft auto
game demos :ahh:

the more i think the more this isn't even debatable

gran turismo
driver
introduced those rock band type games with that pa rappa the rappa shyt
tekken :ahh:

had a marvel vs. game.....im pretty sure there was a street fighter or even a few for ps1.

its looking terrible for N64

SNES gave PSX a style to run with on that.