N!gga = N!gger

Aizen

Absolute Sovereign
Daps
Reppin
Liberia, Madagascar
Long post warning...

When it comes to the n-word, I never liked it and used it. And my family never called themselves that growing up either. But people are free to do whatever they want. If you love it, let it rock. But I cannot let it rock because it rubs me the wrong way each time I think about it.

The n-word (-gger ending for men and -ggress ending for women) reminds me of the word tiger (tiger and tigress). It speaks to people with melanin being beasts. The idea that is popular today is that white people who were slave masters, general racists and leaders NEVER said n!gga. They only spoke the 100% perfect and pure King's English. Only a black person latter uttered the word "n!gga" and created a whole new word. But to be brutally blunt, I think that is garbage. Ask some very old people who were alive before hip-hop and before the modern civil rights movement. People born from around 1900 to 1930 would tell you that white people called them "n!gga" and it was completely interchangeable with "n!gger." People who used the -gga ending simply had a drawl on their voice/accent (i.e., usually referring to people with a heavy Southern accent).

Then you have the "niggra" variation (very old school and almost never used positively) that combines the word "nikka" with the term "negro." Even though you avoid the "-gger" ending, nobody thinks "niggra" is an endearing term. It is an awful variation of the general word. Then some older white people said "naygra" which is a slurred version of "niggra." Again, you avoid the "gger" ending but nobody thinks the "niggra" and "naygra" are good terms.

TLDR Summary: The word and all its ending (gger and gga) and rare variations came from a horrible place. Even if you think it is cool now, it was not cool in its inception. Each to his or her own.

Last edited:

HollowPoints2

Don Makaveli.
Daps
Reppin
East Coast
At the end of the day taking something that was once seen as negative and turning it into positive isn't a bad thing. Pissing off racist whites is even a good bonus. In fact the ability for us to use that word and assert that white people don't use it still shows that we aren't conquered and shows that we still have some backbone in these times of c00ns.

There is no mental conquer or defeat in rebelling against whites. How you can say that rebelling is being conquered makes no sense.

Why come with another term than c00n? Its a simple term used to describe a person who does a certain behavior. What we should be prioritizing is changing those people who follow the behavior that it describes.
You can't turn a racial slur into a positive. what part of that don't you understand? If it was cool or popular to do so then other racial groups would have done the same thing witb pejorative designated for them. Stop using that as justification. it is not a positive in any way.

Do you know what the word hypocrisy means? When you do something while expecting someone else not to do it would be considered hypocrisy. You cannot demand whites not use the word when black ppl use it consistently, as a matter of fact white people are using the word and there's very little we can do about it when we call ourselves the word.

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
You can't turn a racial slur into a positive. what part of that don't you understand? If it was cool or popular to do so then other racial groups would have done the same thing witb pejorative designated for them. Stop using that as justification. it is not a positive in any way.

Do you know what the word hypocrisy means? When you do something while expecting someone else not to do it would be considered hypocrisy. You cannot demand whites not use the word when black ppl use it consistently, as a matter of fact white people are using the word and there's very little we can do about it when we call ourselves the word.
How can you not create a new word from a racial slur that is positive?

****** is negative no matter what.

nikka has a neutral and positive context. It has no negative context. That's how you do it.

Other races haven't done it because we are behind them economically. They have no reason to follow us. In many places whites are on top so other races follow. c00ns in our race from AAs to Africans. Dominicans who deny their black ancestry yet embrace their white one, Chinese who marry whites and believe that white is acceptable and even go as far as saying half white and half Chinese are better, Hispanics who if they are light enough claim white do so proudly, mexicans who hate blacks yet kiss up to whites. Indians who looks down on blacks yet will let whites marry into the family.

All of this is because whites are ahead economically.

We are living with whites being hypocrites all around us. White privilege while claiming equality is hypocrisy that white people do. Saying blacks don't want to get no jobs yet denying blacks employment when the opportunity arises is what white hypocrites do. Saying blacks are poor and ghetto while pretending that the non hood ones don't exist while also making sure we never get to their level is white hypocrisy.

So us doing that is mocking how unaware they are of their own hypocrisy.

And yea some whites use the word nikka and even go as far as using ****** and c00ns don't mind but that is another issue that we need to address that we need less c00ns and more black people who will cut off any white guy who says nikka and especially ****** from them.

Also us not using the word nikka will not stop them from calling us ******. If they are racist before they will be racist even afterward because us not using the word nikka won't have them saying "hey they aren't using the word nikka so we should respect them." :snoop:

Last edited:

HollowPoints2

Don Makaveli.
Daps
Reppin
East Coast
So we adopted the word nikka because we're economically behind whites?Thats the reason you gave for why other racial groups dont embrace racial slurs as forum of endearment.

I disagree,other groups don't embrace racial slurs as a form of endearment because they know its counter productive to ANY progress they wish to accomplish.

The word comes from a negative context no matter how you try to spin it. Would you see Jews take the word kike and reorganize the word to take as endearment? Only a colonized mind like yours would do that.

How can you not create a new word from a racial slur that is positive?

****** is negative no matter what.

nikka has a neutral and positive context. It has no negative context. That's how you do it.

Other races haven't done it because we are behind them economically. They have no reason to follow us. In many places whites are on top so other races follow. c00ns in our race from AAs to Africans. Dominicans who deny their black ancestry yet embrace their white one, Chinese who marry whites and believe that white is acceptable and even go as far as saying half white and half Chinese are better, Hispanics who if they are light enough claim white do so proudly, mexicans who hate blacks yet kiss up to whites. Indians who looks down on blacks yet will let whites marry into the family.

All of this is because whites are ahead economically.

We are living with whites being hypocrites all around us. White privilege while claiming equality is hypocrisy that white people do. Saying blacks don't want to get no jobs yet denying blacks employment when the opportunity arises is what white hypocrites do. Saying blacks are poor and ghetto while pretending that the non hood ones don't exist while also making sure we never get to their level is white hypocrisy.

So us doing that is mocking how unaware they are of their own hypocrisy.

And yea some whites use the word nikka and even go as far as using ****** and c00ns don't mind but that is another issue that we need to address that we need less c00ns and more black people who will cut off any white guy who says nikka and especially ****** from them.

Also us not using the word nikka will not stop them from calling us ******. If they are racist before they will be racist even afterward because us not using the word nikka won't have them saying "hey they aren't using the word nikka so we should respect them." :snoop:

MewTwo

Freeing Pokemon From Their Masters Since 1996
Daps
Reppin
Cerulean Cave
Another word that bothers me is 'hos' and 'bytches'. I've even seen people refer to their mother as 'bytch'. Why?

Now it's considered 'cool' in hip hop to use 'bytch'. This shyt is so backwards and retarded. Why is it so hard to treat a woman like a human being?

Blackout

Daps
So we adopted the word nikka because we're economically behind whites?Thats the reason you gave for why other racial groups dont embrace racial slurs as forum of endearment.

I disagree,other groups don't embrace racial slurs as a form of endearment because they know its counter productive to ANY progress they wish to accomplish.

The word comes from a negative context no matter how you try to spin it. Would you see Jews take the word kike and reorganize the word to take as endearment? Only a colonized mind like yours would do that.
I did not give that as the reason why we made the word nikka don't put words in my mouth.:snoop:

The word nikka isn't going to stop a black man from progressing. A black man can still make money, start a business and increase our economic power. Nothing is stopping us but ourselves not deciding to raise our economic power not because saying the word nikka puts us under some magical spell that prevents us from doing anything.

Where it came from doesn't matter when the current word nikka is nothing but positive.

Other groups didn't follow our ways because some are kissing up to whites and many who dont have their own history and their own way of dealing with whites based on that history. Your giving other races too much credit anyway.

Last edited:

The Nigerian

The Realest Member of TheColi
Daps
Reppin
All The Way One Hunnid
I did not give that as the reason why we made the word nikka don't put words in my mouth.:snoop:

The word nikka isn't going to stop a black man from progressing. A black man can still make money, start a business and increase our economic power. Nothing is stopping us but ourselves not deciding to raise our economic power not because saying the word nikka puts us under some magical spell that prevents us from doing anything.

Where it came from doesn't matter when the current word nikka is nothing but positive.

Other groups didn't follow our ways because some are kissing up to whites and many who dont have their own history and their own way of dealing with whites based on that history. Your giving other races too much credit anyway.
I dunno, I think the dehumanizing effects of calling yourself and constantly being referred to as a "n!gger" can really slow up your social progress. Hell, it's used to justify killing young Black men.

You can deny it all you want but that's what's going on.

Blackout

Daps
I dunno, I think the dehumanizing effects of calling yourself and constantly being referred to as a "n!gger" can really slow up your social progress. Hell, it's used to justify killing young Black men.

You can deny it all you want but that's what's going on.
There is no effects from saying nikka nor is there any justifying killing young black men.

Could you stop with this African vs African American crap. :usure:

The Nigerian

The Realest Member of TheColi
Daps
Reppin
All The Way One Hunnid
There is no effects from saying nikka nor is there any justifying killing young black men.

If you think that constantly being referred to as a racial slur has no effect on a person'a psychology then we have nothing to discuss.

Could you stop with this African vs African American crap. :usure:
Only person bringing that up is you, breh. Stop trying to derail the discussion.

Blackout

Daps
If you think that constantly being referred to as a racial slur has no effect on a person'a psychology then we have nothing to discuss.
The only person it would effect is you because you think that nikka is the same as ******.

For those who consider them different words it wouldnt effect us in any way. We see it as a term of endearment thats it.

So enjoy your psychological effects.
Only person bringing that up is you, breh. Stop trying to derail the discussion.
Oh please this whole argument had the subtle theme of african vs african american.