N!gga = N!gger

MasterThought

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I agree 100000000%.

I would argue that upwards of 90% of the time that black people use the Nword towards other black people, it's used in the same angry and hateful manner that a racist non-black person uses the "ER" version.

Best believe that whenever black people are arguing and fighting with each other, you're gonna hear the Nword:

^^^^^^^^^ Damn the spelling, just listen to the HATEFUL ENERGY behind the word.

Look no further that the coli itself....how often do you see "ol b1tch a55 n1ggas" :scust:

Ol pu55y a55 n1ggas :scust:

Ol fukk n1ggas :scust:

At this point the whole "positive term of endearment" is a flat out lie....it's not.

The word is mainly used by black people to degrade, belittle and dehumanize other black people.

I can't fully embrace a black person who uses the word.....if the Nword is in your vocabulary I can't fully trust you.

If you're black and don't use the word, I have an automatic higher respect for you.....it tells me that you have an elevated sense of self-respect and PRIDE in your blackness. :salute:

MasterThought

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I see the same thing with "nïgger". There's something almost beautiful about taking something so ugly and demeaning and turning it into a term of endearment among Black people. There's a reason why the word has lost a lot of it's sting. I believe it's this aspect of our culture that did that.
Would you concede that yes, it's sometimes used as a friendly term of endearment but also used with the same hateful energy as the "er" version?

Would you concede that the word is also used sometimes by black people out of anger to degrade and belittle other black people?

Daps
Would you concede that yes, it's sometimes used as a friendly term of endearment but also used with the same hateful energy as the "er" version?

Would you concede that the word is also used sometimes by black people out of anger to degrade and belittle other black people?

It's not even sometimes though. The majority of the time it's associated with something negative when used. The "term of endearment" camp are just retarded

#BOTHSIDES

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
The Chi
On of the greatest things about Black culture is our unfailing ability to take what everyone else throws away, flip it, and turn it into something that the whole world desires.

We've done this with all of the following:

-Soul food
-BBQ
-Comedy
-Blues
-Jazz
-Swing
-Ragtime
-Rock 'n Roll
-Funk
-Disco
-Hip-Hop
-Dance
-Fashion
-Slang
-Botany
-Scientific innovation
-Etc., etc.

I see the same thing with "nïgger". There's something almost beautiful about taking something so ugly and demeaning and turning it into a term of endearment among Black people. There's a reason why the word has lost a lot of it's sting. I believe it's this aspect of our culture that did that.
It hasn’t become positive breh. When someone says, “some nikkas came thru” … “I stopped by some nikkas today” you don’t imagine anything of high value… you dont picture a group of black doctors and engineers stopping by.

To say to kids, “You a good lil nikka” … “you a smart nikka” “you my lil nikka champion”

shyt sounds horrible breh… time for folks to let it go (that won’t happen tho)

3rdWorld

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
It hasn’t become positive breh. When someone says, “some nikkas came thru” … “I stopped by some nikkas today” you don’t imagine anything of high value… you dont picture a group of black doctors and engineers stopping by.

To say to kids, “You a good lil nikka” … “you a smart nikka” “you my lil nikka champion”

shyt sounds horrible breh… time for folks to let it go (that won’t happen tho)

Couldn't agree more..

Black Panther

Long Live The King
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda

Sure. I'm not arguing that it's only used among Black people as a term of endearment.

But to me it's the same as words like crazy, insane, stupid, dumb, mental, funky, nasty, etc.; all words that can have either a negative, positive, or neutral connotation depending on context.

For the sake of argument, I could call someone "stupid" or "dumb" (trigger words for many people) because they said/did something funny (or corny), or I could call them "stupid" or "dumb" because I don't think they're smart. I typically don't use these words in either context, but I haven't removed "stupid" or "dumb" from my vocabulary. More specifically, "dumb" as a term was rooted in a classification of a range of people from those who simply didn't speak to those with serious cognitive impairments.

Should we make this case for "dumb", too?

Black Panther

Long Live The King
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
It's not even sometimes though. The majority of the time it's associated with something negative when used. The "term of endearment" camp are just retarded

You could literally use the same argumentation for the highlighted word above. :heh:

EDIT: I just don't understand the special pleading for "nïgga". I literally just responded to someone who labeled me as "retarded" for using a word that offends them.
CMMjl3l.png

Last edited:

Seoul Gleou

Veteran
Daps
Being called a nigğèr is beautiful, brehs :ahh:

tuckgod

The high exalted
Bushed
Daps
Just so y'all know…

N!gga = N!gger

You can type up a text wall from here to Ghana and it still wouldn't change this fundamental fact.
N!gger, comes from NIGER which is the LATIN word for BLACK.

NEGRO is the SPANISH word for BLACK, and is a derivative of NIGER, as SPANISH is a derivative of LATIN.

N-G-R.

We keep going from proudly calling ourselves one form of the exact same word to another form when outsiders tell us we shouldn't say it anymore and y'all wonder why we are constantly laughed at.

Tighten up.

Last edited: