My wife has been telling me about her day for 45 minutes.

⠝⠕⠏⠑

Veteran
Daps
@Booksnrain I ain't even read the thread yet but I already know I'ma be handing out a lot of lol daps. :pachaha:
I was like…wasn’t we just talking about this?!! :ohhh:Girl I already know.

Thing is, my husband is a talker too. One of those people you can barely get a word in edgewise. Gotta get in there like double Dutch if you wanna have any sayso. But to make sure we aren’t exhausting each other, I have a She Space on the 3rd floor and he has The Cave on the 1st floor.
Edit: BUT he can also go radio silent for days.

OP is just posting jewels to remind people that space in relationship is important.

I’ll say this, I think people’s expectations of relationships and communication styles oftentimes don’t align with reality.
As much as we talk, we can literally spend an entire day silent even if we in a room together. At first, it makes you feel some kinda way because the expectation people have is that you are gonna be besties who talk about everything all the time every second of the day.

So if your relationship doesn’t look like that, all kinds of insecurities can pop up.

Are we communicating enough? Does he feel like I’m keeping secrets or neglecting him? Is he? Does he not wanna talk to me? But he wants to talk to his friends? Is he irritated by my friends? Should I talk more to him? When she texts, is she talking to her side nikka? Do I need to go give her some attention? What was that sigh about? Where she been the whole day? Omg! Go talk to your friends!
:damn:Anxiety!!!!!

Meanwhile: When we ain’t talking, we both just be doing random shyt. He down there watching WWE…I’m on my phone trying to figure out what grandma’s hiding.

gameee.png

:mjlol: A lot of shyt really ain’t that deep when you get there. And sometimes silence is golden:wow:

Last edited:

HarlemHottie

Uptown Thoroughbred
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
I’ll say this, I think people’s expectations of relationships and communication styles oftentimes don’t align with reality.
As much as we talk, we can literally spend an entire day silent even if we in a room together. At first, it makes you feel some kinda way because the expectation people have is that you are gonna be besties who talk about everything all the time every second of the day.

So if your relationship doesn’t look like that, all kinds of insecurities can pop up.

Are we communicating enough? Does he feel like I’m keeping secrets or neglecting him? Is he? Does he not wanna talk to me? But he wants to talk to his friends? Is he irritated by my friends? Should I talk more to him? When she texts, is she talking to her side nikka? Do I need to go give her some attention? What was that sigh about? Where she been the whole day? Omg! Go talk to your friends!
:damn:Anxiety!!!!!
In my case, he's an extreme introvert and I'm an ambivert, we can go a whole day not really talking. Sometimes I just walk into his office like, Hey. Just that, "Hey." But I thank you for this post bc it led me down a path where I was able to recognize his pattern. (He's strong and silent all day, but chatty about an hour before bed.) Now I can prepare and get my mind right at this certain time. Bc it be a lot. :skip: Which I get, he's a black man operating under white supremacy.

My daily travails are a short story bc I don't work and therefore am not interacting with ppl who aggravate me over long periods. I be like "This bytch on the internet got on my nerves, xyz, but don't nobody care cuz it's the internet! :umad:" My stories always end laughing.

Edit: is that game with the old lady good??? It always comes up for me while I'm playing gamehouse games. :jbhmm:

⠝⠕⠏⠑

Veteran
Daps
In my case, he's an extreme introvert and I'm an ambivert, we can go a whole day not really talking. Sometimes I just walk into his office like, Hey. Just that, "Hey." But I thank you for this post bc it led me down a path where I was able to recognize his pattern. (He's strong and silent all day, but chatty about an hour before bed.) Now I can prepare and get my mind right at this certain time. Bc it be a lot. :skip: Which I get, he's a black man operating under white supremacy.

My daily travails are a short story bc I don't work and therefore am not interacting with ppl who aggravate me over long periods. I be like "This bytch on the internet got on my nerves, xyz, but don't nobody care cuz it's the internet! :umad:" My stories always end laughing.

Edit: is that game with the old lady good??? It always comes up for me while I'm playing gamehouse games. :jbhmm:
I think more people need to hear shyt like this to normalize these behaviors in relationships. Because we all go into relationships with these expectations and when they aren’t met, a lotta people start getting antsy.

That’s EXACTLY how my husband is. I also gotta Google “Ambivert” lol!

Learn something new everyday.

And yeah no. Merge mansion is trash. And I still play that shyt. :mjlol: You just merge items to clear stuff away from a big ole spooky estate and get clues to figure out what grandma is up to…but you never really figure it out.

HarlemHottie

Uptown Thoroughbred
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
I think more people need to hear shyt like this to normalize these behaviors in relationships. Because we all go into relationships with these expectations and when they aren’t met, a lotta people start getting antsy.

That’s EXACTLY how my husband is. I also gotta Google “Ambivert” lol!

Learn something new everyday.

And yeah no. Merge mansion is trash. And I still play that shyt. :mjlol: You just merge items to clear stuff away from a big ole spooky estate and get clues to figure out what grandma is up to…but you never really figure it out.
Basically, a Taurus. We love socializing and society loves us, it's just tiresome after a while. Ambiverts are both extro and introverted.

So, see, you lucky! You getting the information early in the marriage, I'm just now figuring this shyt out! Pass it along!

I KNEW it was gon be trash, I was hoping for better. :deadrose:

Rozay Oro

2 Peter 3:9 if you don’t know God
Supporter
Daps
Damn I wish I had a boo to tell me bout her bullshyt ass day

nikkas is ingrates