My wife has been telling me about her day for 45 minutes.

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Most men do

My ex used to think I didn’t do shyt at work because I barely talked about it

I’m like “If I tell you, you’re not going to understand anything I’m talking about”.

And I did understand her job because it was basic business and medical shyt so I actually listened when she had issues and often helped (like, she wanted to ask a client for more money and wanted me to word it for her.. which I did I just needed her to write up something first then I proofread it).

There was absolutely nothing she could do to help me with my job except for just “relax”… and she couldn’t even do that.
Funny enough my girl used to complain that i didnt talk to her about work and id tell her the same shyt about compartmentalizing and her not understanding and how its normal to separate work

These girls dont get it lol

Then when you start telling them details they cant even show support or empathy anyway

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
I'm interested why people value talking about their day so much, or focus whether it was good or bad, no judgement, not really, just curious. Is this just what most people focus on, and I am out of sync with those norms?

This is a major part of our culture in the US, "hows your day going", "how was your day" "tell me about your day"

Always feel there are more interesting things to learn or talk about.
Decompress and you gotta allow your spouse to do it or she's gonna take it out on you

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
I'm interested why people value talking about their day so much, or focus whether it was good or bad, no judgement, not really, just curious. Is this just what most people focus on, and I am out of sync with those norms?

This is a major part of our culture in the US, "hows your day going", "how was your day" "tell me about your day"

Always feel there are more interesting things to learn or talk about.
its stupid

more often than not, our days consist of typical work, eating, shytting, showering and not much else

Rocket Scientist

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
High IQ
A kid can tell a story better then a woman.

Dude: How was ya day little nikka.You learn something new

Lil Man: Yea pops,learned about the pythagereon therom.all these numbers like charlie brown wonk wonk wonk.After math i was so hungry I ate a million fries times 5.Then I played kickball.

Dude:Haha sound like you had a good day lil man

Lil Man: Yea

*Now the man asks the wife how was her day*

Dude: How was ya day babe?

Her: babe let me tell you,you remember tasha the new girl in accounting?Well she comes to work,with a bad attitude and has the nerve to ask me to borrow a pen from my desk. Im like bytch where is your pen and pencils!? :usure: She comes in there with her wig kinda twisted. Oh in the meeting she asks a million questions. Everyone thinks she is the leader but she has her supervisor Marie helping her all damn time. She cant even use the copy machine right,she takes too much time on her 15 and then by time lunch comes she takes too much time at lunch . babe im so tired of this damn job,no one sees how Tasha is using people for her agenda.I knew I had a bad feeling about her.Just the way she looks. I just dont like her. Baby are u listening?

Dude: *watches sportscenter* yea word thats crazy

Her:I know.I try to tell everybody but they wont listen,yada yada yada yada yada yada yap yap yap

Dude: *I wish she would shut the hell up* :snoop:

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
I can pull some pretty interesting stories or observations from my daily life, but not at the rate that society often asks us to, and I do have a pretty different life.

It seems small minded to me, to focus only on the hyper granular details of a work place dispute, a minor traffic incident, a long line at a coffee shop. To me, it seems you are missing the bigger, more fascinating, more intense parts of the world. And encourages like pettiness and intolerance?

Again, that's me, I am more likely to want to have a full on discussion about the last book I read, movie I saw, the Bob Lee murder revelations, 42 Dugg sentencing, whether Air is a celebration of capitalism, or just a good fukking movie, or both, Jamelle Bouie vs John McWhorter's take on the subway killing, Los Chapitos saga and their feeding people to tigers, inflation's rate of slowing, the Fed chair, rather than the relatively mundane things mentioned here.