My Opinion On Atlanta

Gusto

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They bought that AfroPunk bullshyt down south :scust:

Edit:
Rule of thumb for visiting any sprawling city with minimal public transit.

Stay off the road between
  • 7:30 - 9:30 (k-12 & work traffic)
  • 11:30 - 2:00 (Lunch traffic)
  • 4:30 - 6 (after work traffic)

That's like half of the waking hours :russ:

It's impractical to avoid all of those hours, and Atlanta traffic can be horrible even outside of those hours. :francis:

Da Jungles

CBALL
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MUSIC
I don't know why people say Atlanta doesn't have a food scene. You can get Thai, Greek, Indian, Southern Cuisine, Mexican, etc in may parts of the A if you look.

That’s the point though. A lot of folks who say this come from places where you don’t have to look. You can just trip and fall into a heaven of eats :blessed:

There is a food scene here though. It just hasn’t reached that level yet.

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps
Well the thing is it kinda is as film production last year was greater in Georgia than California
That’s not what they’re referring to when they say Black Hollywood.

They mean decadence. Atlanta is not a glamorous place. It’s a poorly structured metropolitan. That says a lot coming from shytty ass Miami.

Last edited:

LoMax30

Bokeem Hoodbine
Daps
Reppin
Chopped Cheese & Snapple Iced Tea
I've visited ATL a few times. A few hot takes..

If you have a decent paying job life seems relatively "easy" there and not as hectic as other places :ehh:

Lots of upwardly mobile black folks :salute:

The women :banderas::steviej:

Even though no specific food scene the food seemed to generally be good :obama:(although there is a lot of fried everything:huhldup:)

Aside from one nikka working in a Chipotle who was trying to stare into my eyeballs :whoa: I didn't see that many zesty nikkas

but...

Having to drive everywhere and it taking 30 minutes minimum and the bum azz traffic :camby:

Sometimes that country 'Dukes of Hazard' vibe seems like it's always just around the corner :francis:

Aside from Downtown/Midtown and a few pockets of neighborhoods it looks like any other typical southern city :yeshrug:

On the southside atleast it seemed like every road consisted of QuikTrip, wing spot, Waffle House, Wal-Mart, random hookah lounge, strip mall, and Kroger on repeat :ld:

Overall I don't know if I could live there because it's not really MY twist but I can't really knock people want to because I can objectively see the appeal :ehh:

Astroslik

Veteran
Daps
I never get people who complain about when things shut down. Outside of LA, Vegas, NY, and Miami, most every other region’s legit night life closes between 2-3am. Don’t know why nikkas act like you need to be at a club to 4/5 to have had A good night out :what:

If you moving right, you’re able to link up with some women/men, do some post club dining or hit an after hours spot at like 1 or 2 or you should be bagging someone who is dtf and dipping with them by 1/2am. Being at the actual bar/club past 2am is some immature shyt, real talk. I don’t know anyone outside of people who just started partying (20-25 year olds) who see late shut down times as necessary
i think this is entirely case by case

Real clubs in Chicago don’t get poppin till 12-1am