My nikkas tellin me Takeoff and Quavo just got shot in Houston….

trapnerd

All Star
Daps
The Coli’s most polarizing figure, Charleston White, shares FaceTime audio he had with Migos manager. Interesting stuff.

I'm 50/50 on the dude on the line with C White was even there.

But I'm 100% positive that's not the Migos manager.

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
Seems legit to me

So basically this was a setup and hit all along.. Get them there in that setting and create a distraction for the shooter to get off a clean shot on takeoff? Question is who invited Quavo and Takeoff there? Were they in town to do a show? If not then them dudes shouldn’t have even been there period

Suzie

Pro
Daps
Gotta move like Lil Wayne out here. As someone in the industry said, "Weezy got security that don't look like us. He got professional, ex special forces guys that if you not Wayne family you can't get close enough to even speak to him."

I Mos def would have professional security on my payroll.
Ain’t nothing wrong with black security. They just need to be professional.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
"I speak these words not knowing whos bullet is responsible" :hubie:

But I do know who did the shooting :sas2:
Man even took time to clown their cousin (who supposedly did the shooting) by saying he had his eyes closed and didn’t know how to handle the tool

This nikka psychotic

Pacni99a12

All Star
Daps
I don't know why this killing is making me feel some type of way. I wasn't really a fan of the group. Liked a couple of songs but that was mostly something to listen to in the gym.

What a damn shame. :snoop:
I'm right with you. Just a waste man. So stupid

the elastic

livin' outside of the matrix
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the bay/norcal
Message is good for black ears only, it then becomes detrimental once it’s played by people that aren’t black. Just gives them shyt to say and talk about. Once again, nikkas talk too much in spaces not solely for black folks.
It's tricky to address to a wide audience without getting unwanted spins :manny:

Bar Razor

All Star
Daps
A Black man losing his life over NOTHING and I mean NOTHING

That situation warranted no one's death, just extreme recklessness. I feel bad for takeoff cause he didn't seem like the one to get into bullshyt.

One of these days, and probably soon, a conversation and actions will need to be had on the state of our community and what, currently, rap involvement in it is. There is only one genre of music where the people involved in it die far more.

I used to listen to rap/drill/etc all the damn time. As I've gotten older, my music moved toward a calm, less violent sound. It is sad what the state of hip-hop is now.
RIP to that black man and all the others who have lost their lives to bullshyt. I don't see an end in sight :mjcry:
This will not happen, and you will be called names if you question it by a large segment of black folks. They want to stay in denial and enjoy their music in peace and not have to think too deep about any correlations to negativity in the real world. But beyond that, it's really complicated situation. You have a whole generation of black people (kids to adult) that never knew anything other than "kill n**" hip hop. Good kids, college kids, professional people, etc. They grew up with it just being "entertainment". And now that music is global, with thousands of songs about black genocide enjoyed by people from Stockholm to Tokyo. Few of them have ever questioned what it was they were listening to, and why they've enjoyed it so much. Why do they enjoy songs about black people killing each other? A cultural shift on the level that it would take for masses of people to suddenly reject it is a massive undertaking that hasn't happened in the 30+ years since crime related rap became the dominant factor in the music. At this point, I don't think it will. Hip hop may diminish in popularity which may see it start to phase out, but that's about it. As long as the music stays popular, the subject matter will not change no matter how many rappers are killed and how many thinkpieces there are.

Even take Takeoff - RIP. Everyone talks about how laid back he was, didn't have beefs, cool guy etc. And that may be the case. But he still made that same "kill n**" hip hop because it was just so natural to do so. He, and those around him didn't even consider making music that didn't involve that because it's just so ingrained at this point. The thought likely never even crossed their mind.