Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
I'm just now finding out about this gamecube zelda collector's edition when I was getting ready to run through some old Zelda games in anticipation of The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild: The Legend of Zelda: Collector's Edition
It includes:
I got it from EmuParadise

On my iPhone, I have Ocarina through Happy Chick but they are on an old version of RetroArch so it's MFI controller compatibility sucks. Pisses me off. So I have to wait until this dude releases Delta Emulator Delta which will play GBC, GBA, SNES and N64. Until then I'm just gonna use GBA4iOS 2.1 to play GBC and GBA games. So on it right now I have GBC Link's Awakening and GBA Zelda 1 and 2, Minish Cap and Link to the Past. and for the other two Zelda titles, Spirit Tracks and Phantom Hourglass I use the emulator iNDS.

So that makes 7 Zelda titles I can play on my iPhone or iPad using a bluetooth controller with no issues. Once Delta's out or Happy Chick updates it's RetroArch I can play Ocarina and Majora's mask with no controller issues.

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
I guess I'll play around with Cemu and Citra.

Learned the hard way Provenance shouldn't be depended on too heavily because it doesn't enable dropbox cloud backup like GBA4IOS and iNDS.

Gonna try out a Ocarina Texture pack. I have to search and see which ones's the dopest.

Last edited:

SilverSamurai

All Star
Daps
I installed Ice last night after seeing this thread and I really like it so far. My only complaint is whenever I activate Ice after adding in a ROM, it loads up all of the .bin files again even though I deleted the shortcuts before.

EDIT: Never mind, I solved it.

Last edited:

Black Bolt

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Can you suggest a good Gameboy Colorado/advance etc emulator for android and where I can find virus free time?

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
Just started playing games on Windows 10 through Bootcamp on my 2012 Macbook Pro

LaunchBox - LaunchBox Frontend for DOSBox, Portable Games Launcher and Database
This is where I play Steam, PC and emulated console games from, easy to install and setup, good GUI

You can run other separate emulators through LaunchBox such as PCSX2. Watch this Launchbox PS2 tutorial. Download PCSX2 - PCSX2 - Playstation 2 Emulator News. You can get a PCSX2 bios pack here. I can't even remember where I got mine from though. For Dreamcast games, I use NullDC. This link includes the bios. Both of these emulators let you save games through the 'memory card' so read up on how to set it up (it's easy).

what can run a ps2 emulator under $1000? any info or links would be very appreciated

Getting Started

System Requirements

Minimum (most games will be unplayable slow)
  • Windows/Linux OS
  • CPU: Any that supports SSE2 (Pentium 4 and up, Athlon64 and up)
  • GPU: Any that supports Pixel Shader model 2.0, except Nvidia FX series (broken SM2.0, too slow anyway)
  • 512MB RAM (note Vista needs at least 2GB to run reliably)
Recommended
  • Windows Vista / Windows 7 (32bit or 64bit) with the latest DirectX
  • CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo @ 3.2 GHz or better OR i3/i5/i7 @ 2,8 GHz or better OR AMD Phenom II @ 3,2 GHz or better
  • GPU: 8800gt or better (for Direct3D10 support)
  • RAM: 1GB on Linux/Windows XP, 2GB or more on Vista / Windows 7
Warning: Because of the nature of emulation, even if you meet the recommended requirements there will be games that will NOT run at full speed, due to emulation bugs or other limitations.

Dat Migo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Boston
Had a Raspberry Pi laying around so I made it into a retroPie. I was mostly interested in making an "all in one" classic Nintendo machine but have since seen that this Launchbox can play wii and wii u games for the most part. Do you need the special controllers for those consoles or can you use a regular xb1/ps4 controller?

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
Had a Raspberry Pi laying around so I made it into a retroPie. I was mostly interested in making an "all in one" classic Nintendo machine but have since seen that this Launchbox can play wii and wii u games for the most part. Do you need the special controllers for those consoles or can you use a regular xb1/ps4 controller?
I played wii games with my wired xbox one controller. I had to set some button configurations in dolphin

I don't think my mac powerful enough to run cemu so can't tell u bout that

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
I need to buy another mifi controller so i cAn play 2player games on my ipad since Nintendo don't give a fukk about giving us switch owners virtual console this year

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
You can now play PC games on your Switch if you are under version 3.0.0

REMx Launcher

I am up to date tho so I won't be able to do this shyt and I don't care. Zelda BotW and Mario is too good to not update namean. Makes me wonder if I should buy another Switch just to play bootlegs? I did that before back when I used to flash my Xbox 360 but back then I had bought a 360 for $100 off Craigslist. Switch is too expensive to risk bricking right now.

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
My iPad Pro is on the latest version of iOS. I am not jail-broken. Provenance is a SNES, Genesis etc emulator that in my opinion is the best emulator on iOS due to ease of use, no set up and stability. It has been updated with N64 and Playstation support. I used the http://Builds.io version two nights ago and put it through several tests. You can go to a site like iEmulators if you don't use builds.io but I don't know if that's the latest version.

First Test. MiFi controller support.

Was able to maneuver in Super Mario 64 flawlessly. No issues with complex moves either. Will test Ocarina of Time, Star Fox 64, Perfect Dark etc later.

Second Test. Airplay Support.

There is only a barely noticeable lag when playing Super Mario 64 on my HDTV with Apple TV. 3rd Gen. Overall I'm impressed. I played Super Mario Bros. 3 for NES just to double check.

Third Test. ROMs.

Download FREE ROMs for NES, SNES, GBC, GBA, N64, SEGA, PSX, PS2, PS2, XBOX, WII, NDS, 3DS - LoveROMs.com | LoveROMs.com Provenance will extract the ROM zip file and let you play immediately after its done.

Fourth Test. Playstation

Haven't played any of the games I added yet. I added Bushido Blade 1 & 2, Metal Gear Solid Disc 1 & 2, Strider 2 and Street Fighter Alpha 3.

Last edited:

The Guru

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You can now play PC games on your Switch if you are under version 3.0.0

REMx Launcher

I am up to date tho so I won't be able to do this shyt and I don't care. Zelda BotW and Mario is too good to not update namean. Makes me wonder if I should buy another Switch just to play bootlegs? I did that before back when I used to flash my Xbox 360 but back then I had bought a 360 for $100 off Craigslist. Switch is too expensive to risk bricking right now.

:ohhh: Specs on switch probably won't let you play much but still dope.

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
Bumping this thread since i just started working on my launch box setup. Must say i really like it. Even caved in and bought the "bigbox" license. Only have around 70 games or so spread out over 8 different emulators and of course my steam/windows games.

Im having more fun "building" this setup then actually playing the games lol. Im gonna lok up how to add video intros to the highlighted systems today. Want my shyt to look like this.

:wow:

With that said im blown away how good cemu is with how early the emulator still is. Mario 3d world runs perfectly and tropical freeze even though i get slight fps drops is still very playable. A update is suppose to come out at the end of the month adding vulcan support then should help ALOT of games.

With that said do anyone know how to get launchbox to read games from cloud services like Dropbox or google? For the retro systems like Snes and Genesis i have the full romsets backed up on my cloud. I know there are emulators that can load them from cloud services but i have no idea how to get them to run from Launchbox.