MurderToCassette

Sa Da Tay
Daps
Reppin
I am comfortable and I love you
Aye brehs so I have some questions

I wanna play PS2/GC/DC games and I have an XB1/Fire TV/MBP. What’s the best way to do this? I’m even thinking about upgrading to a XSX since I just saw you can emulate shyt on there...any advice? Should I just get the dev membership from Microsoft and figure out Retroarch or is there a better way?

This breh does a lot of budget emulation builds and you don't need a ton of power for what you want to emulate.

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
I no longer play emulated games on Windows, OSX, iOS, Android and Switch. I have a new emulation setup now as of yesterday so updating the thread. A couple months ago I saw an article that said The Xbox Series S was the perfect emulation screen. About a month or so ago I bought an Xbox Series X and it was only just yesterday that I decided to figure out how to play Super Mario Galaxy 2 on it. So I read How to Install the RetroArch Emulator on Xbox Series X or S (howtogeek.com) and when I got to this part: Partner with Microsoft it wouldn't accept my normal everyday use outlook account. Out of curiosity, I started to use my work email, but then I chickened out because it doesn't feel right using my government name and paying $19 for an account I will lose access to someday.

This site was all I needed to emulate on Xbox without having to do anything to the Xbox. It works for both the Xbox One and Xbox Series X/S : gamr13 - repo

I googled and found this. I read through the comments, joined the discord, went to gamer13s annoucement channel, clicked friend tab, Pinned Messages, read a bit, clicked on Google Forms Spreadsheet and entered my Xbox Live email after reading through it and waited to be Whitelisted. What it means to be Whitelisted: Basically, instead of putting your Xbox into Dev Mode all you have to do sign up under another Dev in order to download RetroArch and he puts your username under the list of people allowed to download his app. He then sends periodic messages in the channel telling everyone when he's approved a batch of usernames. He does not send you a notification if he added you so you have to check yourself by clicking on the link to the RetroArch apps on his github. I personally just messaged myself his github link in Xbox Chat. When I clicked on it, it opened up his page in Microsoft Edge. I download some of the apps he uploaded such as RetroArch, Kodi, Durango FTP and Another Metroid 2 Remake.

So this morning I get up, grabbed my roms, isos, bios and images from my Nintendo Switch setup of RetroArch and attempted to copy it up to the external SSD that I already have setup for XSX. My PC didn't even read it. It's due to the way XSX formatted it. Well I ain't messing with that so I decided to use Durango FTP that's on his site. I read the guide. Downloaded the Windows App version of it and followed the rest of the directions of the guide. If you follow the guide exactly, you might not be able to connect. Uncheck "anonymously" from Durango FTP on Xbox. and on the other app, for the address, just type XBOX.

The Left Box is your device whether it be PC, Mac or Linux.

The Right Box is your Xbox. You will automatically be in the /LOCALFOLDER/ section of your Xbox. Once again, his guide is not clear where you need to go. Go to 172xxGoldFox.RetroArch-X folder. For BIOS, go to /LocalState/System/ and add it there.

Got games some older games running fine but you gonna need your keyboard to do extra functions in RetroArch. Like F1 to access menu while you're in a game. Every game running 60fps so far. EXCEPT

The main game I wanted to play the most, I couldn't even play, the whole Xbox just shut off. Tried again, same results. So I'm having issues with Dolphin Emulator. To fix that, I probably really would have to use Dev Mode. Damn..... I'll try later.

Renkz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Aye brehs so I have some questions

I wanna play PS2/GC/DC games and I have an XB1/Fire TV/MBP. What’s the best way to do this? I’m even thinking about upgrading to a XSX since I just saw you can emulate shyt on there...any advice? Should I just get the dev membership from Microsoft and figure out Retroarch or is there a better way?
What did you end up doing, I think you're to end up with Dreamcast and ps2 not running 100 percent

Po pimp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town
So, I was able to download a version of retroarch on my XBox One. I didn’t have to go through the developer mode or anything like that either. Setup was pretty easy and everything is running fine. However, I’m only able to play games off of my usb drive. Is there any way to store these games directly to my XBox?

Hersh

Superstar
Daps
I have two and that Android 11 update fukked up the external storage option for damn near every emulator. They all need to be updated by the app author. Do you know any workaround? The shyt done pissed me off.

as far as I know all apps have been updated and addressed this situation.