Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
Alright so after some research I learned that both Happy Chick and the New GamePad app (from ieumulators/buildstore) use an old version of RetroArch. For better MFi support and newer cores (like Reicast) I'll have do some developer shyt in Xcode in order to use the latest version of RetroArch:

"A better bet, if you have a Mac, is to go to GitHub and download the source code for the emulators directly into Xcode (which is a free download from Apple). You can then register your iTunes ID as a developer account (which is free) and "sideload" the emulator onto your device. This is a much better way to get more up to date emulators, as the BuildStore tends to have old versions. Try googling "sideload apps 9.2" for detailed instructions.

By far the most robust emulator (actually a front end) available is RetroArch, part of the "libretro" project, which can be side loaded as described above. It includes cores to emulate everything from Atari 2600 to Sega Saturn (with Dreamcast coming soon). I will warn you however that setting it up is a project. First each core has to be individually code-signed by you (which requires using either Xcode or the Terminal), then you have to load the cores and ROMs to your phone using iTools or iExplorer. Then from within the app you have to configure everything.

Once set up, it looks amazing with the included shaders applied and using an Mfi controller. But it's not for the faint of heart. There is a very detailed post on the libretro forums explaining how to do it in extreme detail."​

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
how can I play old street fighter games via arcade emulator on Mac (Xmen vs. SF; MVC 1 and 2 etc etc). can anyone help.
You need RetroArch for OSX: Retroarch for OSX

RetroArch - Libretro | An API for emulators and games - Retroarch Directions for Launchbox
I personally use the following RetroArch cores: MAME (Arcade), Mupen64Plus (Nintendo 64), Nestopia (NES), Snes9x_Next (SNES), VBA_Next (Gameboy Advance), Desmume (Nintendo DS), Picodrive (Sega Genesis and 32X).

Peep this thread about the arcade emulator cores in RetroArch: MAME or FBA - Playing Arcade

Last edited:

jack danger

Rookie
Daps

How was playing the wii and gamecube games with a 360 controller? I always figured it would be kind of weird.

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
How was playing the wii and gamecube games with a 360 controller? I always figured it would be kind of weird.
Its pretty intuitive. The only thing odd is shooting the stars in Mario Galaxy otherwise if you set it up right its good.

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
Woke up... decided I wanted to play Metal Gear Solid. Before I got out of bed I reached for for my iPad Pro and downloaded Metal Gear Solid and some other games through the browser tab of Documents 5 and moved the .rar files to the iTunes Folder of Documents 5. on my iPad Pro. Got up, connected the iPad to my Macbook and copied the files to my Macbook (I know I should've downloaded it on my Macbook first but my iPad was closest and my Macbook was at my desk and I ain't feel like getting up just yet) using the program iFunBox. I unzipped the files, dragged them to the downloads folder of RetroArch.

I couldn't get Sega Saturn games running fast because RetroArch's IOS app doesn't have dynarec for Yabause so I deleted all that shyt for now.

I couldn't load Mame, FB, Turbo Grafix 16, Neo Geo, NDS and 3DO cores for RetroArch 1.3.3 for iOS They work in the other versions and branches though but I'm okay with what I have now. There are a lot of cool arcade games available through PSX anyway.

I couldn't create custom playlists, I tried though. so my next step is to just use 'Load Recent' as my playlist. I set the max to around 200.

When I get home from work my next project is to add 3D boxart and dynamic wallpaper.

Everything I've done and listed is free, however, I will be buying a separate MiFi gamepad since I have so many two player games on my iPad.

With another gamepad, I can play Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, Killer Instinct, Tekken, Mario Kart, Smash Bros etc with anyone, anywhere.

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
Here's a free version of a Playstation 1 emulator for Android. I have Metal Gear Solid and Bushido Blade up and running on it. ePSXe 2.0.0.apk paid Download - ApkHere.com

There's also a free Sega Saturn emulator in th Google Play store that running my copy of Burning Rangers and Guardian Heroes running flawlessly it's called uoYabause. I'm gonna put both my Saturn and PS1 copy of Marvel Super Heroes and Dead or Alive on my phone when I get home to see which versions look better.

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps
i have a '12 macbook pro too. i think after i refurbish it i'm gonna do the same set up. i've been looking to play some retro games :francis: