Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
Bought the Steelseries Nimbus today at an Apple Store for my iPad Pro. Two of the dumb ass Apple 'geniuses' told me it only works with the new Apple TV even though it says on the box it works with iphones, ipads and ipods with iOS 7+ and OSX 10.9+. I could've ordered a cheaper MFI controller online but it was right there so I said fukk it and bought it cause I have a 15 hour flight ahead of me.

Yesterday I installed Happy Chick on my iPad Pro. Happy Chick is a Chinese emulation app that uses RetroArch. It works on non jailbroken devices. My iPad is not jailbroken. I'm running iOS 9.2.1 and was able to get Happy Chick running fine. To install Happy Chick you have to first install WeChat and follow some slightly convoluted directions to get a custom certificate just for your device. It's not hard. It's also available for Android.

Happy Chick for iOS: 小鸡模拟器

Android http://www.xiaoji001.com/m/en/#page1

Happy Chick has controller issues with some games and doesn't have the lastest cores such as Reicast because it is using an old ass version of RetroArch (1.0.0.2) RetroArch these days is already up to 1.3.2. I wish these Chinese pirate ass nikkas would update their shyt.

Edit:

Alright so after some research I learned that both Happy Chick and the New GamePad app (from ieumulators/buildstore) use an old version of RetroArch. For better MFi support and newer cores (like Reicast) I'll have do some developer shyt in Xcode in order to use the latest version of RetroArch:

"A better bet, if you have a Mac, is to go to GitHub and download the source code for the emulators directly into Xcode (which is a free download from Apple). You can then register your iTunes ID as a developer account (which is free) and "sideload" the emulator onto your device. This is a much better way to get more up to date emulators, as the BuildStore tends to have old versions. Try googling "sideload apps 9.2" for detailed instructions.

By far the most robust emulator (actually a front end) available is RetroArch, part of the "libretro" project, which can be side loaded as described above. It includes cores to emulate everything from Atari 2600 to Sega Saturn (with Dreamcast coming soon). I will warn you however that setting it up is a project. First each core has to be individually code-signed by you (which requires using either Xcode or the Terminal), then you have to load the cores and ROMs to your phone using iTools or iExplorer. Then from within the app you have to configure everything.

Once set up, it looks amazing with the included shaders applied and using an Mfi controller. But it's not for the faint of heart. There is a very detailed post on the libretro forums explaining how to do it in extreme detail."​

Last edited:

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
The great thing about Happy Chick is that you don't have to hunt down games. You can do a search inside the app.

I was playing Super Mario 64 in landscape mode on my iPad Pro but ran into controller issues, basically the controller would work then lose connection.

Figuring this shyt out is my next project.

JordanWearinThe45

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The great thing about Happy Chick is that you don't have to hunt down games. You can do a search inside the app.

I was playing Super Mario 64 in landscape mode on my iPad Pro but ran into controller issues, basically the controller would work then lose connection.

Figuring this shyt out is my next project.
Props!!! Only wack part is that I can't hold down one button and press another on my phone. Like in super Mario I can hold down the button to run faster and jump at the same time :noah:

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
Props!!! Only wack part is that I can't hold down one button and press another on my phone. Like in super Mario I can hold down the button to run faster and jump at the same time :noah:
Yeah that's why I buy controllers. And play the game on appletv or chromecast.

Kaypain

#SuicideGang
Supporter
Daps
I gave up on the disc-based console emulators.

Like Dreamcast and Playstation

MEME is a waste of my fukking time

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
I gave up on the disc-based console emulators.

Like Dreamcast and Playstation

MEME is a waste of my fukking time
peep my links for nulldc. that shyts easy to setup.

same with pcsx2

haven't tried ps1 emulation yet, just ps2

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
I can set it up but it just dont work right on my laptop, especially PCSX2
I bet your having graphics card issues. You'll have to optimize your PCSX2 settings. I forgot I had issues too. I followed some YouTube tutorial and I'm good now. Can't remember which vid tho. Probably this one.