Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
So many games feel fresh as shyt on dolphin with HD textures and 1080p upscale. Mario galaxy 1 and 2 is fukking glorious to look at.
Super Mario Galaxy 2 is my favorite Nintendo Wii game. I can easily tell the graphical enhancements that wasn't there before. This game is optimized in Dolphin for 1080p and 60fps. It looks like they added some special effects I don't even remember seeing on the Wii version. The Dolphin version looks better than most platformers out now.

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
Super Mario Galaxy 2 is my favorite Nintendo Wii game. I can easily tell the graphical enhancements that wasn't there before. This game is optimized in Dolphin for 1080p and 60fps. It looks like they added some special effects I don't even remember seeing on the Wii version. The Dolphin version looks better than most platformers out now.

Yea i remember booting up Galaxy 2 when i finally got my updated rig and i was blown away. shyt looked better then God of war 3. :wow:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Breh you should be using Retroarch man. shyt is piff.

escription

RetroArch is a multi-system emulator for Linux, Windows, Mac OS X, *BSD, PS3, XBox360, Wii, Android. It is formerly known as SSNES.

Its design and background is quite different than most other emulators as RetroArch does not implement an emulation core itself. RetroArch talks to libretro, a generic emulator core API. This means that RetroArch is core agnostic, and it does not care which emulator core is running.

Currently there are libretro implementations for systems such as SNES, NES, GBA, GB/GBC, N64, Genesis, and even arcade games (Final Burn Alpha).

libretro isn't only usable for emulators. A preliminary port of an open source reimplementation of Cave Story has been ported to libretro as well. Quake (TyrQuake), DOOM (PrBoom) are also ported.

Libretro implementations are maintained in the libretro organization on Github. The official home page for this project is here.

RetroArch believes in modularity. The application itself is a command-line driven application suitable for HTPC and/or headless use. There also exists a GUI frontend for RetroArch, supporting every config option available in RetroArch.

You can seamlessly utilize the GUI without thinking of RetroArch as a command line application, which is a probable scenario for most Windows and OS X users. RetroArch-Phoenix, the GUI frontend, can be found on GitHub.

Variety of CRT shaders for authentic visuals:

e5OJ2NF.png

retroarch-0717-182756y1sa4.png

yahthrurxx.png

mnaugvmecp.png

nkvehpchje.png

dljdsb.png

pcyxtiazzw.png

and....the single most impressive filter I have ever seen or used:

quzrjzsbqy.png

pevivqjcic.png

ulpnawtmud.png

Overlays:

GXmeliq.png

gkdmxy.png

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
It's a bit of a mess to setup honestly but it can give you that nostalgic feeling of playing old gamers with the way they were supposed to look back then today.

Screenshot739c.png

I want my shyt like this. :wow:
You can do that with ICE - Ice - Automatically add ROMs to Steam
I almost set this up on my homegirl's PC cause all she does is play Steam all day but instead I just imported Dolphin as a non-steam game.

I'll eventually set this up on my own PC in Steam but playing around with Launchbox first since its MUCH EASIER.

Out of curiosity though, I think I'll install a couple roms through ICE in Steam sometime this week.

Last edited:

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
Breh you should be using Retroarch man. shyt is piff.
I use RetroArch as an emulator inside of Launchbox. RetroArch does not have every emulator (Dolphin, PCSX2, nullDC etc) and the Dreamcast setup (Reicast) through RetroArch really sucks.

Bathing Ape

BAPE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
JPN
For all my brehs gaming on the go, download DraStic on google play store. Its like 3 bucks for the real app but one of the best DS emulators on android. Playing Crono Trigger as im typing this.

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
For all my brehs gaming on the go, download DraStic on google play store. Its like 3 bucks for the real app but one of the best DS emulators on android. Playing Crono Trigger as im typing this.
I thought so as well until DraStic crashed when I tried to save and I couldn't configure my gamepad. Will give it another shot later probably.
Supposedly you can play DS through RetroArch on Android but I haven't tried it yet.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You can do that with ICE - Ice - Automatically add ROMs to Steam
I almost set this up on my homegirl's PC cause all she does is play Steam all day but instead I just imported Dolphin as a non-steam game.

I'll eventually set this up on my own PC in Steam but playing around with Launchbox first since its MUCH EASIER.

Out of curiosity though, I think I'll install a couple roms through ICE in Steam sometime this week.
I couldn't get ICE to work. I followed the guide and looked online but the games aren't being created. I just manually created a shortcut to Retroarch.exe and then edited it's launch properites in steam to point to the Snes9x core and then to the actual rom smc file.