My dream platform would have the best of all PS and XBox features...

Dirty Mcdrawz

Your girl loves em....
Daps
Dedicated servers
Free online
Automatically download updates for all the games in my collection
Allow developers to push updates quickly
Ability to transfer or re-download my game collection on another machine when I sign in
Availability for developers to interface with Microsoft Azure
Complete access to my music collection
Achievements, leaderboards and stats
Great apps for Netflix, Skype, Hulu, Youtube, HBO GO, ESPN, Twitch TV, Spotify, etc
No proprietary hard drives - completely configurable
Built-in browser
Backwards compatibility dating back to 90s. Including online play (unlike Twisted Metal Black or Halo 2)
Compatible with Dual Shock 3, 360 control pads, Wii mote and even Kinect
Completely open indie scene
Best version of multiplatform games (1080p, 60fps)
Completely configurable button mapping
Competitive marketplaces. Some free games, some pay what you want deals, massive discounts
Travel model available that can hook up to TV via HDMI or that you can take with you with an attached screen to a friend's place or something
A nice bonus would be if I could play console games from Atari and NES all the way to PS2, Gamecube and Wii.

:blessed::patrice::wow::lupe::ohhh::whoo:

I'd pay the price of two XBox Ones for this. Is this a pipe dream?

so.........a steambox?

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
I'd say battlefield is one of the rare examples of a game that's truly better on PCs going beyond just graphics.

You are speaking of a computer/tech enthusiast. Not a game enthusiast.
computer/tech enthusiasts are probably heavy into gaming, thats the point.

I always ask people a simple question before getting into PC gaming in person.

Are you going to get frustrated if something doesn't run smoothly or not as well as you had hoped for?

Yes? Get a console
No? Then sit down and talk about your path

I would like to think an enthusiast wouldn't get annoyed if something doesn't work as planned, but try to actively find out why its not performing or acting as expected.

Kodie

Pro
Daps

Are you going to get frustrated if something doesn't run smoothly or not as well as you had hoped for? No? Get a console.

I would like to think an enthusiast wouldn't get annoyed if something doesn't work as planned, but try to actively find out why its not performing or acting as expected.
I'm frustrated all the time because console versions of games don't work as smoothly as I had hoped :manny:

Consoles gamers dont want any pc exclusives anyway, shyt be trash breh
You look in the Vita thread and they're all praising games that were previously PC exclusives. The same would happen if those games came to other consoles. Battlefield was once a PC exclusive. Call of Duty 1 may as well have been a PC exclusive. System Shock and Deus Ex were PC exclusives until they weren't. Console gamers don't like PC exclusives until those games are console games. Basically they don't like them ONLY because it's not on their desired platforms - not because they're not good games.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
I'm frustrated all the time because console versions of games don't work as smoothly as I had hoped :manny:
You have gone past that line I think I am trying to get across.

Only enthusiasts are willing to deal with it to achieve the best IMO

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land

Are you going to get frustrated if something doesn't run smoothly or not as well as you had hoped for?

Yes? Get a console
No? Then sit down and talk about your path

That's just the thing. I actually enjoy tinkering/studying computers/electronics. It's what I do for a living. But with that said I don't want any of that to be part of my gaming experience

You look in the Vita thread and they're all praising games that were previously PC exclusives. The same would happen if those games came to other consoles. Battlefield was once a PC exclusive. Call of Duty 1 may as well have been a PC exclusive. System Shock and Deus Ex were PC exclusives until they weren't. Console gamers don't like PC exclusives until those games are console games. Basically they don't like them ONLY because it's not on their desired platforms - not because they're not good games.

I think when people say that console gamers don't like PC exclusives they are talking about games like WOW, DOTA, and other nerd classics:scusthov:

Kodie

Pro
Daps
You have gone past that line I think I am trying to get across.

Only enthusiasts are willing to deal with it to achieve the best IMO
I no longer get the point you're trying to get across.

Kodie

Pro
Daps
That's just the thing. I actually enjoy tinkering/studying computers/electronics. It's what I do for a living. But with that said I don't want any of that to be part of my gaming experience

I think when people say that console gamers don't like PC exclusives they are talking about games like WOW, DOTA, and other nerd classics:scusthov:
Yeah I know. That's the problem. The PC landscape is broad and no one knows it.

I never played DOTA but I respect the shyt out of that game. I respect the shyt out of any battle tested competitive game really.

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.

Battlefield didnt become really good like that until bad company 2 when u could destroy everything, and cod was average until cod4

Nobody gave a shyt bout dues ex tho, or whatever that other game u named

Lmao at nikkaz playing vita games, ok that was funny, yall can keep them Indy games, they was on xbl and nobody gave a shyt

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
I no longer get the point you're trying to get across.
Gaming enthusiasts always want the best and are willing to go through a little troubleshooting on their end to achieve it. I have a hard time putting console only players in this category

Hardcore gamers have all the consoles and buy many games
Casuals are the rest

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
Battlefield didnt become really good like that until bad company 2 when u could destroy everything, and cod was average until cod4

Lmao at nikkaz playing vita games, ok that was funny, yall can keep them Indy games, they was on xbl and nobody gave a shyt
:usure:

Kodie

Pro
Daps

System Shock became Bioshock. If you telling me no one cares about Bioshock and Deus Ex and that Battlefield 2 wasn't good then we don't really need to be responding to each other anymore.
Gaming enthusiasts always want the best and are willing to go through a little troubleshooting on their end to achieve it. I have a hard time putting console only players in this category

Hardcore gamers have all the consoles and buy many games
Casuals are the rest
You don't need to want the best out of gaming to get the benefits of a PC