My dream platform would have the best of all PS and XBox features...

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.
Let me paint this picture for you. It's 2005. Timesplitters Future Perfect was just released. That was basically the most advanced shooter on consoles. Now imagine a game comes out a few months after that where you can drive tanks and fly helicopters and jets. You can play against 63 other people. You can squad up in teams of 6 for efficient communication and spawning. You can record your gameplay. Sophisticated anti-cheat detection. Ranking up gets you weapon unlocks (COD wasn't out yet). And of course it's all dedicated servers.

These are features which you still don't see today all in one game. These are features being advertised 8 years later as accomplishments in the next generation of consoles. Generic is a word only a fanboy would attach to a game like this.
Halo>>>>>>> battlefield any way, fukk all that

Kodie

Pro
Daps
so battlefield 2, better than 3 and bad company 2, if so they trash developer for regressing
Maybe but that's not what I was saying. I'm saying Battlefield 2 was a great PC exclusive. Console gamers said they didn't care. They didn't care UNTIL they played Battlefield Bad Company 2. Then they cared. Console gamers didn't care about System Shock but all of a sudden they care about Bioshock. They don't care about Indigo Prophecy but they care about Heavy Rain or Diablo 3 until it was released on consoles or Bioware games until KOTOR and Mass Effect or Bethesda games until Oblivion or X-COM until Enemy Unknown or dedicated servers until Xbox One or downloadable games until 360.

It's called confirmation bias - people tend to believe things that favor their currently existing beliefs or choices. "PC games are for nerds" is a good way of convincing yourself that your decision to only play console games is a good one. "Online gaming" used to be for nerds at one point too.

Last edited:

Spliff

Godzilla got busy.
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
tech doesn't work this way

PCs stopped being upgradable? :leon: :troll:

I think when people say that console gamers don't like PC exclusives they are talking about games like WOW, DOTA, and other nerd classics:scusthov:

:whoa:

WoW in its heyday was GOAT. :lawd: Arguably the best game I ever played. Thought it was agreed if a game with similar connectivity came to consoles it would be an instant hit.

*looks at Destiny*
*anticipates next gen Fable and Borderlands*

Huge online worlds. :blessed:

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.
Maybe but that's not what I was saying. I'm saying Battlefield 2 was a great PC exclusive. Console gamers said they didn't care. They didn't care UNTIL they played Battlefield Bad Company 2. Then they cared. Console gamers didn't care about System Shock but all of a sudden they care about Bioshock. They don't care about Indigo Prophecy but they care about Heavy Rain or Diablo 3 until it was released on consoles or Bioware games until KOTOR and Mass Effect or Bethesda games until Oblivion or X-COM until Enemy Unknown or dedicated servers until Xbox One or downloadable games until 360.

It's called confirmation bias - people tend to believe things that favor their currently existing beliefs or choices. "PC games are for nerds" is a good way of convincing yourself that your decision to only play console games is a good one. "Online gaming" used to be for nerds at one point too.
Nobody ever said dedicated servers wasnt needed, atleast anybody wit online gaming knowledge, but I get your point, but I still stand by my point if it wasnt for bad company destruction it wouldnt have popped, and battle field 3 turned alot of people off when it didnt have as much destruction

I dont think anybody shyt on developers and say they wouldnt play they games, but me personally dont care about 99% of the stuff u named, outside of mass effect, battlefield and heavy rain, everything else is trash to me