My diet for getting low bodyfat

ultraflexed

Superstar
Daps

My very first diet before I started competing, i did a prep diet for 12 weeks, I went from 195 to 165, my body fat only drop 4% most of weight I lost was muscle and water.

Anyone can lose weight but making sure you maximize fat loss is whole other monster especially when your trying to preserve muscle while doing so

Dominic Decoco

Superstar
Daps
Nah bruh, the theromdynamic approach doesn't work long term because it neglects the endocrine system. Your body isn't a mechanical machine, it's a bio-chemical machine. It operates using hormones. Calorie restriction will ultimately cause your body to react as if it is starving & lower your metabolism. They did a study of Biggest Loser contestants & found they all regained the weight after the show, because their metabolism had slowed down so much.

Preach.

So I'm guessing you'd recommend keto?

RareHunter

All Star
Daps

You seen my trophy in the video right..lol

I've competed 4x I've place top 10 in 2 and top 3.
The lowest I've placed was my first show I was 16th out 42 competitors

I see, I see i gotta prepare for spring break to man, goodjob

ultraflexed

Superstar
Daps
If you're trying to build muscle yes but if you're trying to burn fat no. Protein spikes insulin almost as much as sugar does. Insulin builds muscle but it also stores fat & will prevent it from being used as fuel.

Wrong....
When your losing fat it's extremely important to maintain high protein

Your body is in a constant state of preservation and building reserve, which is why it's so easy to get fat. Your body loves fat, and will store fat via insulin spike at every oppertunity.
1 gram of fat=9 cals
1 gram of protein = 4cals
1 gram of carbs= 4cals
So fat per gram more then doubles carbs and protein in terms of cals.

So your body loves fat for those reasons and it's low maintenance on your body

However muscle is viewed as high maintenance on the body.
Muscle causes the body to burn fat faster, and muscle takes the most calories to preserve

So when it comes to losing weight of any kind your body's number 1 option will always be to use muscle as a source of energy and preserve fat energy.

Why do you think long distance runners are always so skinny because there body eats there muscles and using it as a source of energy when the body is put in a position to burn high calories

This is why bodybuilders never run....
And also why they take on more protein when there dieting then when there building muscle in the off-season

Any IFBB PRO or NPC competitor will tell you they take in MORE protein when there dieting down for a show then when there off-season building up muscle

Matter of fact, the closer to the show, the more fat they lose, the more they will increase protein intake because it becomes harder to maintain there muscle with caloric restriction.

Also protein does not cause insulin spikes to the degree of fat gain due to fact it takes the ingestion system longer to break down and process protein then carbs and certain fats. It can take steak up to 24 hours to properly digest under normal circumstances.

The slower the digestion the lower the insulin spike, and most protein via eggs, steak, chicken, and fish have the lowest number on the insulin spike scale.

ultraflexed

Superstar
Daps
You mean high protein right?

Low protein and u gonna lose those gains bruh.

If you're trying to build muscle yes but if you're trying to burn fat no. Protein spikes insulin almost as much as sugar does. Insulin builds muscle but it also stores fat & will prevent it from being used as fuel.

Wrong....

Your body is in a constant state of preservation and building reserve, which is why it's so easy to get fat. Your body loves fat, and will store fat via insulin spike at every oppertunity.
1 gram of fat=9 cals
1 gram of carbs= 4cals

Muscle causes the body to burn fat faster, and muscle takes the most calories to preserve

So when it comes to losing weight of any kind your body's number 1 option will always be to use muscle as a source of energy and preserve fat energy.

Why do you think long distance runners are always so skinny because there body eats there muscles and using it as a source of energy when the body is put in a position to burn high calories

And also why they take on more protein when there dieting then when there building muscle in the off-season

Any IFBB PRO or NPC competitor will tell you they take in MORE protein when there dieting down for a show then when there off-season building up muscle

Matter of fact, the closer to the show, the more fat they lose, the more they will increase protein intake because it becomes harder to maintain there muscle with caloric restriction.

Also protein does not cause insulin spikes to the degree of fat gain due to fact it takes the ingestion system longer to break down and process protein then carbs and certain fats. It can take steak up to 24 hours to properly digest under normal circumstances.

The slower the digestion the lower the insulin spike, and most protein via eggs, steak, chicken, and fish have the lowest number on the insulin spike scale.

ultraflexed

Superstar
Daps
Nah bruh, the theromdynamic approach doesn't work long term because it neglects the endocrine system. Your body isn't a mechanical machine, it's a bio-chemical machine. It operates using hormones. Calorie restriction will ultimately cause your body to react as if it is starving & lower your metabolism. They did a study of Biggest Loser contestants & found they all regained the weight after the show, because their metabolism had slowed down so much.

Preach.

So I'm guessing you'd recommend keto?

Any caloric restriction diet that done long term with have what we call in bodybuilding the "rebound" effect. It's not really due to lowered metabolism, it's just will go into extreme preservation mode and act as a super sponge for calories of all kind to return to homeostasis mode.

Of you can intake clean calories during the rebound effect you can easily add muscle.
All my rebound effects I gain at least 25 pounds.

If I got on stage at 178 , 6 weeks later I would be 205 with a 32inch an flat stomach

Going from this

To this in about 6-8 weeks during the rebound phase

Last edited:

Milomann

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Wrong....

1 gram of fat=9 cals
1 gram of carbs= 4cals

Your body will use fat over muscle if insulin levels are low. If insulin levels are high it will use glucose, if there is no glucose it will convert protein into glucose via the liver in a process known as gluconeogenisis.
If you are in ketosis your insulin levels will be low.
carb-protein-fat.jpg

image0031.jpg

This formula is based on the understanding that:

• 100% of carbohydrate is glucogenic (i.e. converts to glucose),
  • 54% of protein is glucogenic,
  • 46% of protein is ketogenic, and
  • 10% of fat is glucogenic.