My blackness tells me that I should like Bron more than Kobe

the next guy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Kobe's not a cornball though

He came off as a cornball when he was trying to have the mr. Rogers image but that was his p.r team telling him to act like that. When you have lil Wayne and chief keef and tons of other rappers making songs about you it's obvious how much you mean to the communities of the people whose ancestors built the country. There are more songs about Kobe than Obama.....

If you still rock k Swiss @malcolmxxx_45 you can't call someone a cornball
Or back then Master P and Juvenile.

JBoy

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the logic always baffles me....nikkas wanna hate on a dude for growing up privileged when EVERYBODY, including YOU who make that point, are trying to get enough money to do the same thing for your kids. :what:
I grew up with both parents and I'm from a blue collar household I don't relate to having a professional athlete as a father

Easy-E

I đź’—My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
First, lets run down the reasons why Bron SHOULD be black America's hero:

1. Bron is married to a sista from his hood that was with him before he had any money. Kobe married some Mexican video hoe without getting a prenup while she was still in high school. :what:

2. Bron grew up in the hood without a father being raised by a tough single mother. I can actually relate to that. Kobe on the other hand grew up privileged in a two parent household with an NBA father.

3. Bron stayed loyal to his high school friends and brought them on with him. By all accounts he's a loyal dude that everyone likes. Kobe on the other hand is a loner who has burned countless bridges and few people would actually consider a friend.

Yet I just can't bring myself to it. Kobe's game is just too nice and Bron's game not nice enough. :yeshrug:
:laugh:

GoddamnyamanProf

Countdown to Armageddon
Daps
efficient basketball is BORING most of the time and all this pass around the perimeter for an open 3 is WACK

I prefer the gunning hero ball Kobe plays. Its way more exciting. After Kobe its Westbrook and Rose for me.
:dead:

@Jill Scott, come get your boy

THE MACHINE

night owl
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Never saw this thread. Great points going both ways but if I had to pick one, I'd side with Bron. Kept the circle tight, even after the Decision when everyone pointed fingers at the people running his empire. Moms is happy. His family is "all in the commercials [/suge]". Seems like a great teammate to everyone except Chalmers. Still tight with the people from Akron. Supported Trayvon without "all the facts :mjpls:", outspoken about Sterling. Seems to have genuine joyous moments.

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
Umm black people like Lebron, yall need to get off the internet. Most black people that arent Laker fans bandwagon the Heat in the finals because of Bron and Wade.
I was about to say. Only on here do I hear that Lebron hate. Tha'ts prolly because I only hang with black folks and this board is full of white folks pretending to be black. That's not an insult, it just is what it is.

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
1. Yes Savannah was technically with LeBron before he had money, but everyone knew that he would be rich from the time he was 14. Dude was touted as the biggest thing popping LONG before he reached the NBA, it was already assumed that he'd have money. Stop perpetuating this myth that she had no idea LeBron would grow up to be rich.
Yeah but that does mean he couldn't have dumped her ass once he got to the league and had access to broads way badder than her and who would do anything he asked? Bad argument.

Last edited:

KingJudah

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Tilden
Kobe got more of a playground game than Bronze

Kobe would wash nikkas in 1 on 1 and 3 on 3.

Bronze needs picks. Got 1 dunk, no real moves :scusthov:

Box Cutta

Bumbling Sidekick
Daps
Reppin
Sanitation Department
Bron is clearly on some minor pro-black shyt.

I feel like if not for all the detriment it could do to him financially, Lebron might be on some Ali type of shyt.

Kobe is a "New Black".

Draje

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Kobe got more of a playground game than Bronze

Kobe would wash nikkas in 1 on 1 and 3 on 3.

Bronze needs picks. Got 1 dunk, no real moves :scusthov:

Lebron doesn't need picks, just like CP3 doesn't need picks. It's just a more dangerous set because Lebron is both an elite slasher, GOAT finisher at the rim, and a great passer so he's ungodly dangerous.

Do people not realize ISO-ball doesn't really lead to championships? It's why Melo, Joe Johnson, and Kyrie struggle like they do. It's very easy to defend against and plan for.

jfkennedy

Best After Bobby
Daps
Yeah but that does mean he couldn't have dumped her ass once he got to the league and had access to broads way badder than her and who would do anything he asked? Bad argument.

It's not a bad argument because neither you, nor I, know what LeBron does on the side. He could've been fukking as many women as he wanted on the side ... probably so since he didn't marry Savannah for years. Although they do have kids, which makes it easier to choose her. I'm sure he knows these new chicks ain't loyal.