Daps
Reppin
NULL
A kewn post if I ever seen one.

So part being Black to you is:

Fatherless household
Being underprivileged

Smh, you can't be a brother.

Never said Kobe wasn't black. Just said that because of my background, it would make sense that I should like Bron more than Kobe. In almost every other sport, I root for the brotha from the hood moreso than bourgeois nikkas. For example, I like Dez more than Calvin Johnson, etc. But Kobe is the only dude who is a cornball in life that I still respect more on the court than a dude like Bron who by all accounts is real.

mrken12

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Maryland
A kewn post if I ever seen one.

So part being Black to you is:

Fatherless household
Being underprivileged

Smh, you can't be a brother.

You've noticed that trend too here? It's so degrading. But yet nikkas here will cosign it like he's a "true" brotha.

MikeBrownsJob

Seattle fan since 2013 *deal with it slime*
Daps
Reppin
Seattle We Run You Nyggas Ask Russel Wilson
i made this exact same thread on :hamster:

shyt don't make sense why the black community abandoned lebron.

Kobe has always represented what it means to be above "blackness" or "post racial"..Even with the rape incident, if you are 100 percent real about it, he wasn't this loved until he got that protection from white racist plan. It just represents what's happened to black people in the past 10-15 years. If this was the 60's Frazier would be revered and Ali would be a traitor. Kobe was the original "Cornball".

MikeBrownsJob

Seattle fan since 2013 *deal with it slime*
Daps
Reppin
Seattle We Run You Nyggas Ask Russel Wilson
Is being book smart and being intelligent being a cornball, because if so, I hope all my kids are cornballs that grow up to be the next Neil Degrassi. Cornball brothas are what I'd rather have representing my race than anyone else. See sig.

Most definitely but there's a different between being educated and proud versus being educated and classist. What Kobe was doing early in his career was some classist shyt and it wasn't even needed :pachaha:

Tommy Knocks

retired
Daps
Reppin
iPaag
Most definitely but there's a different between being educated and proud versus being educated and classist. What Kobe was doing early in his career was some classist shyt and it wasn't even needed :pachaha:
true. he was on a high horse, but I think the media was kinda milking it too. "oh he speaks french, he stayed in europe, he's a good cultured guy etc" they were painting a baby face. after the rape allegations, and issues with shaq, philly came out. :heh:

cleanface coney

Superstar
Daps
i agree 100 percent

Lebron could be the face of the black youth

i just wish he opened his mouth a lil more on certain shyt....but i understand he tryna build a brand

Houston911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Kobe's not a cornball though

He came off as a cornball when he was trying to have the mr. Rogers image but that was his p.r team telling him to act like that. When you have lil Wayne and chief keef and tons of other rappers making songs about you it's obvious how much you mean to the communities of the people whose ancestors built the country. There are more songs about Kobe than Obama.....

If you still rock k Swiss @malcolmxxx_45 you can't call someone a cornball

OG Talk

Archived
Daps
Reppin
Heaven on Earth
Bron is 13-6 vs Kobe in head to head matchups....

All that stuff about two parent homes and Mexican wives is secondary...

:russ:

If you like good team basketball and winning you like LeBron....

the next guy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Kobe didn't marry one of our women. No one calls him a c00n but let some random dude in DC in Atlanta or even a no name NFL player get a white girlfriend? c00n c00n c00n from all the militant posters. What was it the @The War Report called it? cognitive dissonance? YES.

Be consistent Brehs. Damn.