My blackness tells me that I should like Bron more than Kobe

Ready2Rhyme

Young, Gifted, and Black
Daps
First, lets run down the reasons why Bron SHOULD be black America's hero:

1. Bron is married to a sista from his hood that was with him before he had any money. Kobe married some Mexican video hoe without getting a prenup while she was still in high school. :what:

2. Bron grew up in the hood without a father being raised by a tough single mother. I can actually relate to that. Kobe on the other hand grew up privileged in a two parent household with an NBA father.

3. Bron stayed loyal to his high school friends and brought them on with him. By all accounts he's a loyal dude that everyone likes. Kobe on the other hand is a loner who has burned countless bridges and few people would actually consider a friend.

Yet I just can't bring myself to it. Kobe's game is just too nice and Bron's game not nice enough. :yeshrug:

Regardless of your bullshyt reasons I encourage you to make the jump.

jfkennedy

Best After Bobby
Daps
1. Yes Savannah was technically with LeBron before he had money, but everyone knew that he would be rich from the time he was 14. Dude was touted as the biggest thing popping LONG before he reached the NBA, it was already assumed that he'd have money. Stop perpetuating this myth that she had no idea LeBron would grow up to be rich.

2. As someone stated above, it's stupid to hate on someone for having both parents in their life. Reminds me of some Childish Gambino lyrics:
This one kid said somethin' that was really bad
He said I wasn't really black because I had a dad
I think that's kinda sad
Mostly cause a lot of black kids think they should agree with that

3. Kobe has plenty of friends, one of his best friends in the NBA is actually Melo. He's just not the super buddy-buddy type on the court that this generation has ushered in. I think people confuse his extreme level of dedication to some weird view of him hating people and living in a bubble.

Broke Wave

The GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Open Society Foundation
Kobe is just a real nikka... you hear him talk? Compare him to Lebron... they're just different levels of being real nikkas.

I think if you hate on LBJ as a man you are a c00n and a faq, he is definitely a role model and I'm proud of him as a black man.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Chucking inefficient, fadeaway shots is considered having a "nice game" but playing efficient basketball while also getting your teammates involved is not? :ehh:

you can look at stats sheets, I look at the play on the court

efficient basketball is BORING most of the time and all this pass around the perimeter for an open 3 is WACK

I prefer the gunning hero ball Kobe plays. Its way more exciting. After Kobe its Westbrook and Rose for me.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
the logic always baffles me....nikkas wanna hate on a dude for growing up privileged when EVERYBODY, including YOU who make that point, are trying to get enough money to do the same thing for your kids. :what:

not hating just saying its easier to identify with LeBron's background than Kobe

shyt most humans grew up poor compared to Kobe so its gonna be easier to identify with that