Daps
Reppin
Eastside of that Motor
:what: what point i'm ignoring?

nikkaz acting like puff was a millionaire back then - y'all nikkaz don't realize he signed biggie and craig mack to uptown records where he was a VP, weeks after fired which left big/mac limbo
thereafter, selling his vision to clive davis he literally had to spend most of that advanced on getting big/mac off uptown
why y'all nikkaz act like puff had unlimited pockets
and with all that said - zip & wolf were as big time streets as they come... both of them related in some way to puff is all u need to know why he wasn't getting extorted

just cause u cool with someone doesn't mean u down with there movement
again, never heard biggie rep Thug Life in any capacity

:what:

there is nothing up in there air bout this - he shot himself
his main nikka 'randy stretch walker' who was standing next to him said this
and the nikka that setup the robbery 'dexter issac' said this
:dahell:
Cuz before me said you weren't from the states or something and I think that's true. Puff was the biggest club/HBCU promotor on the east coast (we're talking Different World & House Party era were parties were GOAT), and an intern for the biggest up and coming label. Plus rap was going mainstream. Anyone with a brain could have seen Puff was on his way to millions. You keep saying Puff didn't have millions but everyone from NY to Howard U knew of him. And those Melvin Combs/Frankie Lucas days were looooong gone. shyt, you seen the movie, when he came out the world was changed and the old heads didn't have the juice like that.

As for Biggie you really didn't think he was down with Thug Life? You perform at 2Pac's shows all the time with his young boys and your young boys but you don't think he's reppin TL? That sounds foolish they were boys of course he would shout out 2pac's clique.

And lord knows Big wasn't no fukking player cut that out. He was a fat dude from BK with an ugly baby mama and a lazy eye who cold flow out this world. He was no big poppa, or none of that. Obviously he got that idea by the game Pac and others taught him. Even Pac didn't make Get Around until he got famous and got around.

I'm not for the arguing because this is a historical thread for all to see, but I can't even take your pov serious when you talking about Puff's pockets weren't about to run deep. This is the early 90s and he was about to blow hip hop and urban culture open.

kingofnyc

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boogie Down BX
:dahell:
Cuz before me said you weren't from the states or something and I think that's true.
:mjlol:
that nikka just mad, cause i spit the facts & he can't handle da truth
he probably some young pac stan who live in middle of america & got his pac info in the mid/late 2000's on the internet
BTW
i was there - old head, born & raised in nyc

Puff was the biggest club/HBCU promotor on the east coast (we're talking Different World & House Party era were parties were GOAT), and an intern for the biggest up and coming label. Plus rap was going mainstream. Anyone with a brain could have seen Puff was on his way to millions. You keep saying Puff didn't have millions but everyone from NY to Howard U knew of him. And those Melvin Combs/Frankie Lucas days were looooong gone. shyt, you seen the movie, when he came out the world was changed and the old heads didn't have the juice like that.
:takedat:
what dose name recognition, throwing the biggest parties & being an intern have anything to do with being extorted - nikkaz ONLY extort people who have something to extort (it's no money into throwing parties if u don't own the club, it's no money in being well known, one doesn't get paid being an intern)
and your wrong... his pops was heavy respected in dem streets so he was gonna be taken care of regardless by his pops peers especially when u talk about harlem nikkaz

As for Biggie you really didn't think he was down with Thug Life? You perform at 2Pac's shows all the time with his young boys and your young boys but you don't think he's reppin TL? That sounds foolish they were boys of course he would shout out 2pac's clique.
:hubie:
he opened for big daddy kane - did that make him part of the juice crew ?
he was much more tighter with lil fame & billy danze - did that make him down with 'mash out posse'brownsville gang ?
all i'm saying, where is biggie ever saying he Thug Life .... or repping it

And lord knows Big wasn't no fukking player cut that out. He was a fat dude from BK with an ugly baby mama and a lazy eye who cold flow out this world. He was no big poppa, or none of that. Obviously he got that idea by the game Pac and others taught him. Even Pac didn't make Get Around until he got famous and got around.
:snoop:
this shyt doesn't make sense, pac didn't even make that type of music in the 1st place, so how he gonna teach somebody to do some shyt he doesn't even do
BTW
there was fat nikkaz before biggie dat was on dat smooth, player, ladies man shyt - u ever heard of chubb rock or heavy d & the boyz

I'm not for the arguing because this is a historical thread for all to see, but I can't even take your pov serious when you talking about Puff's pockets weren't about to run deep. This is the early 90s and he was about to blow hip hop and urban culture open.
i never said puff pockets wasn't gonna run deep
AGAIN, i said how could he get extorted when he barely had anything to extort (
before he blew up)

Roovers410

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Amsterdam
:mjlol:
that nikka just mad, cause i spit the facts & he can't handle da truth
he probably some young pac stan who live in middle of america & got his pac info in the mid/late 2000's on the internet
BTW
i was there - old head, born & raised in nyc

:takedat:
what dose name recognition, throwing the biggest parties & being an intern have anything to do with being extorted - nikkaz ONLY extort people who have something to extort (it's no money into throwing parties if u don't own the club, it's no money in being well known, one doesn't get paid being an intern)
and your wrong... his pops was heavy respected in dem streets so he was gonna be taken care of regardless by his pops peers especially when u talk about harlem nikkaz

This! Only time Puff really had an Issue with someone was when BMF killed Wolf. You could see his whole attitude changing after that.

:hubie:
he opened for big daddy kane - did that make him part of the juice crew ?
he was much more tighter with lil fame & billy danze - did that make him down with 'mash out posse'brownsville gang ?
all i'm saying, where is biggie ever saying he Thug Life .... or repping it

This!

:snoop:
this shyt doesn't make sense, pac didn't even make that type of music in the 1st place, so how he gonna teach somebody to do some shyt he doesn't even do
BTW
there was fat nikkaz before biggie dat was on dat smooth, player, ladies man shyt - u ever heard of chubb rock or heavy d & the boyz

Biggie's Playa's persona was all Puff's doing. Puff was always about Image etc...

i never said puff pockets wasn't gonna run deep
AGAIN, i said how could he get extorted when he barely had anything to extort (
before he blew up)

Roovers410

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Amsterdam
:dahell: This whole legend has become a myth but some of your points you're ignoring facts.
How much money was Puff worth? :dahell: this was the early 90s and hip hop was about to take off. Bad Boy was next in line to take off

BIG wasn't messing with thug life :dahell: Everybody knows he was cool with Pac and his boys. He was never a member but the plan was for him to rep TL after he got on.

And BIG was a street dude it's obvious he took 2pac's advice who was already a movie and rap star. You know those player rhymes weren't real at the time but it worked.

And the shooting is up in the air. Even as I kid I remember being like "How is dude walking and all this with no issues" But I cannot see how a doctor and hospital would put their reputation on the line for a troublesome rap star. IMO he had to have got shot up but I think many were grazes on purpose in order to not kill him

Puff was worth nothing till the Clive Davis Deal.

Biggie was down with Pac. And no it was no plan to be with TL ...It was JM always.

Yeah he took his advice. But Puff was the main factor.

Roovers410

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Amsterdam
I think its obvious Puffy and Biggie knew who had Pac hit up at the Quad. Puffy's face in that Yo interview says it all. And the behavior of Biggie and Puffy after the shooting says it all.
Also, when Puff was on Drink Champs he mentioned how Mobb Deep was his interns (lil mans), so now it makes sense why they started dropping lil gems and Pac dissed them.

I think they did not like Pac because he was the king or on his way to being the king, and they did not like that he wasn't a New Yorker. Then he would not bow to JImmy Henchmen and the A-Team so they got him setup and Big and Puff were complicit..

This is so stupid.
Being mad and shooting someone because he is not from new york? Because he was the king?

Pac also knew it wasnt Biggie. When you read into it...it's clear that Pac knew exactly who did what and why...and it's clear that BIG could not do anything about it, but to warn him

IVS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
In the sky
This is so stupid.
Being mad and shooting someone because he is not from new york? Because he was the king?

Pac also knew it wasnt Biggie. When you read into it...it's clear that Pac knew exactly who did what and why...and it's clear that BIG could not do anything about it, but to warn him
He said exactly who did it. Clearly he says dudes from Brooklyn the ATeam in one of his interviews. But my point is BIg and Puff knew he was getting setup that night and who did it.

Roovers410

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Amsterdam
He said exactly who did it. Clearly he says dudes from Brooklyn the ATeam in one of his interviews. But my point is BIg and Puff knew he was getting setup that night and who did it.

Afterwards ....they didnt know it was going to happen.
Just like Pac knew who did it afterwards

kingofnyc

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boogie Down BX
He was assigned to Biggies case but obviously looked into Pac's since both were connected. His LAPD/Amir Mohamed theory was incredibly dumb and lacked any proof.

:camby:
amir mohahamad description fit the shooter unlike that bullshyt from your man kading with that pookie shyt