Daps
Reppin
Eastside of that Motor
Saw the movie some time ago and finally read the book :whoo:
Been going through this thread and dapping yall players up

I was a youngin in the 90s but always been a big Pac fan since about age 13. I thought it was just music. If only I knew :hubie:
This whole story is a real life Shakespearean tragedy :dame:. Y'all gotta go through history and see if there's a more interesting story because this might be GOAT. I'ma go through the timeline with an unbiased mind, y'all can correct whatever needs to be correct. This thread needs to be bumped at least 2-3 a year. Everything I write I believe is fact. Everything with a * will be my opinion.

Pac
comes on the scene and is immediately public enemy #1. Not only does he talk about killing police and was indirectly involved in the killing of a child in Marin, but he also is of the (in)famous Shakur family and had an FBI file before he was born.

He befriends Biggie, an up and coming MC from New York who is signed to Puffy, a former Uptown intern who starts Bad Boy records. He teaches Biggie the startup of being a rapper, houses him, lets him perform in his shows, and tells him the key to money in rap is being a player and rapping for the women.

At the guidance of Mutulu Shakur, Pac starts Thug Life which is supposed to unify all the gangs in America. Biggie is an 'honorary' member of Thug Life while working on his album. Thug Life backfires as Pac starts to really get involved in some gangs and real street dudes These would include some people from Biggie's neighborhood in Brooklyn such as Haitian Jack, King Tut, and Jimmy Henchmen. Henchmen would also extort Puffy and Bad Boy. He wants to do the same with 2Pac who is a rising movie star as well as rap. Pac refuses which will lead to the events that will change hip hop.

ALL the while Dr Dre of NWA fame and Suge Knight create Death Row records using a combo of funds from drug dealer Harry-O (who did the same with Rap-a-lot), Ruthless money, and money from Vanilla Ice sales. They go on to create the Chronic and Doggystyle which make them the hottest label in hip hop, first time for a squad outside of NYC.

Back in NY Pac, Tut, and Jack are partying at Nells when the two introduce him to Ayanna Jackson. She gives him head on the floor :pachaha:, and they go back to the telly and have consensual sex. The next night she is invited back to the hotel and gives Pac a massage. Jack, Tut, and Rick bust in either gangrape her or take turns on her. Pac says hes in the other room asleep, and when he wakes up Jack says "too many nikkas, I'll handle it". Jack, Pac, and Man Man (manager) are arrested. Pac is indicted and is facing a serious bid.

A few days before sentencing (should be noted Pac was about to be sentenced and Jack hadn't even been in court yet :beli:) Pac talks to the NY Daily News and says its a conspiracy. Later that night 2Pac is called to Quad studio by Jimmy to be a guest on a Little Shawn song. Pac feels like it's a set up but sees his friend Cease so thinks it's all good.

*Moments before, Jimmy says in a room with Shawn and Puff that Pac has been talking too much and won't sign to Bad Boy so we're going to scare him and take his chains.*

Pac gets to the studio and after getting on the elevator gets stuck up by guys in fatigues (known Brooklyn gear). Pac reaches for his strap and they start blasting.

*I'm convinced Pac shot himself, and the shooters might have purposely missed vital organs when they shot back. You can't tell me they missed point blank in the head and legs :upsetfavre: I personally believe that they saw him fight back which was unexpected and protected themselves but didn't kill him, just my opinion :manny:*

Pac heads upstairs to the studio and sees Jimmy and asks why he set him up. Everyone is silent even though it looks like Jimmy and Puffy and Shawn are surprised to see him shot up, not scared for his life. *I think Puff did not have Pac shot the first time, but he definitely knew a robbery was going to happen.*

Pac then goes to court IN A BANDAGE AND WHEELCHAIR surrounded by Muslims and is found guilty. Pac wants to know from Biggie and Puff what exactly happened, but they are silent. Meanwhile, both are still hanging around Jimmy, and his main man Stretch is still hanging around Biggie, even though now of them have seen him in jail.

At a club in Atlanta, there is an altercation between a Bad Boy shooter and a Death Row shooter. It an be concluded that it is somewhat gang related as Suge is a piru and Puff has been associated with Crips since 93. Wolf (killed later in ATL by Meech and BMF) kils Suges best friend and there is not a strain between the two.

In 95 at the Source awards in NY, Suge calls out Puff and shout outs 2Pac, and Snoop Calls out NY. What many do not know is that during the Death Row set a cut out of 2Pac is visible in the mock jail cells.

While 2Pac is in jail, Biggie is blowing up. Taking the formula that Pac showed him, rapping about being a player and a don and making rap/R&B hits. Pac knows that only a year ago BIG was rapping about being on the corner and now he's a don, and he's not shouting out Pac or Thug Life anymore.

While locked up, MATW which was recorded before he went in is released and goes #1. It is a very personal album, and tells of him having dreams of being set up, robbed, and shot; all of which happened. In jail Pac says thug life is dead and sounds like a changed person. Puff mocks him saying that you can't keep flipping like that, NY radio disses him, and Wendy Williams starts a rumor he got raped. Biggie drops 'Who Shot ya' which was recoded before, but has the lines "You rewind this Bad Boy's behind this". The only people supporting him our white celebrities from hollywood and West Coast artists. Seeing that NY has given up on him, he signs to Death Row in exchanged for getting bailed out.

*I imagine after signing Pac and Suge have a convo where Suge says something along the lines of "Puff killed my man" and Pac says "He knows them nikkas who shot me and is getting extorted!"* They then decide to go to war. Suge will be the money and the muscle, Pac will be the mouth piece.

During 95-96 there are many instances that heighten the war

Pac disses Bad Boy every chance he gets. There's rumors of a pic of Puff's kids on Suge's lap. There's many pics of Pac and Puff's girl Sara together. Suge beats up a Bad Boy guy badly trying to get his address.

Then Pac records a song called Hit Em Up dissing the song Playas Anthem. BIGs wife Faith Evans is in the studio and runs back to NY and tells BIG and he records Get Money using the same beat. Pac hears this and goes crazy and re-records Hit Em Up (now including major disses like Bad Boy Killa, I fukked your wife, etc etc). *I personally believe Pac slept with Faith too. That's too low of a blow not to be able to back up with truth, plus Faith was working with Death Row and staying in LA a lot. Plus in every interview she was dissing BIG for cheating all the time.*

Puff at this time fearing for his safety puts a $1M hit on Suge's head. *I believe Puff (maybe drunk or just angry or whatever) lashed out and said I want Suge dead Idc what the cost make it a million. This might have not been a literal million dollars but basiclly saying I will pay anything to have this guy gone. Pac is also placed on the list after Hit Em Up. Remember, yelling Bad Boy killer on every song was a serious thing. Keefe D, an OG crip who works with Puff from time to time accepts the hit.

Death Row heads to Vegas on 9/7/96 to see the Tyson fight. Afterwards Tray Lane says that the crip in front of them stole his DR chain in the mall months back. It is rumored that Puff put a bounty on DR chains. Pac rushes him and he Orlando Anderson is beat. Anderson is the nephew of Keffe D, the OG crip who is close with Puff and is aware of the hit. The choose to act on it now, and are given a gun from ZIP, a Harlem drug dealer close to Puff, and in a drive by shoot Pac and Suge. Suge stares at Keffe because he knows him :merchant:. Suge tells no one to talk to the police because he already knows its some street ish. Pac dies a week later, even though it was always assume he would live. The Makeveli album is later released, dissing Puff and BIG, while also going at Jimmy Henchmen.

Keffe D says he is never given the money, from neither Zip or Puff. *You know this is a goddamn lie. Keffe is smart, never mentions getting money. He did security for Bad Boy for 'concert tickets, and wasn't paid a half milli and let is slide :childplease:. Keffe knows that the IRS don't play*

After the death of 2Pac, Biggie begins to reside in LA for weeks at time record his album LAD. He gets in a car accident and begins trying to get his life back in order. No more beefs, heal his body, and get his fam back together.

In March there are the Soul Train awards in LA and after party that Puff wants to go to. Big wants no part but goes anyway. Although BIG is "done" with the beef, he has recently laid down a freestyle with Swat talking reckless about Pac after his death At the afterparty there are a mix of crips and bloods in the building, along with the Nation and FOI. After getting his car an impala pulls up and shoots him. BIG is dead, and junior mafia is left in Cali with their dead friend. Puff hops on a place back to NY after 3 hours leaving a teenage Cease dealing with the BIG situation.

It's later determined that Suge Knight has orchestrated the hit from prison through a girlfiend and a shooter named Poochie. In retaliation for all the beef, Wolf shooting, the Pac killing, and getting shot in the head, Suge has BIG killed in revenge in LA. It just so happens that BIG is gunned down a block from the DR offices. Poochie is later killed in the 2000s, similar to the way Orlando is killed in Compton in 98.

My god that era was lit:ohlawd:

Everybody's dead or in jail, except Puff. He will never go down for this. Never. Pac rushing Orlando sealed a direct retaliation motive for the crips. Puff is in the clear :stopitslime:

This is the best example I can think of in which one minor issue spiraled out of control. 2 non-factor in each camp in Atlanta is the reason for a civil war, and two brothers dead at the end.

The tragedy is 2Pac. The Don killuminati had jewels on it, and he was only going to get better. He said himse;f "first I gotta giv them what they wanna hear (AEOM), and then I can give them what they need. It feels like losing Malcolm Little before he became X. I think BIG would have left hip hop, had his own label and would be chillin. This era has great music, great entertainment, and great characters. Something this connect won't happen again.

Funkadelic

Rookie
Daps
Do your research on Greg Kading.

Taken off of the case because of displaying a "reckless disregard for the truth" which led to the overturned conviction of alleged drug kingpin George Torres.
He once broke into a mans storage locker and then stole the footage. Also lied when he was questioned.
He pointed a gun at a 5 week year old baby during a search warrant done in the late 90's.

If you want to talk about these cases in particular, check this out:
http://tupac187.blogspot.se/2015/09/murder-crap-review-part-ii-roderick

Kading is close friends with a suspect in the cases, Reggie Wright Jr.

Listen to Chaos Merchants by Russell Poole and Michael Douglas Carlin on YouTube for more.

Duke_Droese

All Star
Daps
the fake dude coming on the forums corroborating everything kading said was shady.

Malcolmxxx_23

Let's go panthers
Supporter
Daps
Saw the movie some time ago and finally read the book :whoo:
Been going through this thread and dapping yall players up

I was a youngin in the 90s but always been a big Pac fan since about age 13. I thought it was just music. If only I knew :hubie:
This whole story is a real life Shakespearean tragedy :dame:. Y'all gotta go through history and see if there's a more interesting story because this might be GOAT. I'ma go through the timeline with an unbiased mind, y'all can correct whatever needs to be correct. This thread needs to be bumped at least 2-3 a year. Everything I write I believe is fact. Everything with a * will be my opinion.

Pac
comes on the scene and is immediately public enemy #1. Not only does he talk about killing police and was indirectly involved in the killing of a child in Marin, but he also is of the (in)famous Shakur family and had an FBI file before he was born.

He befriends Biggie, an up and coming MC from New York who is signed to Puffy, a former Uptown intern who starts Bad Boy records. He teaches Biggie the startup of being a rapper, houses him, lets him perform in his shows, and tells him the key to money in rap is being a player and rapping for the women.

At the guidance of Mutulu Shakur, Pac starts Thug Life which is supposed to unify all the gangs in America. Biggie is an 'honorary' member of Thug Life while working on his album. Thug Life backfires as Pac starts to really get involved in some gangs and real street dudes These would include some people from Biggie's neighborhood in Brooklyn such as Haitian Jack, King Tut, and Jimmy Henchmen. Henchmen would also extort Puffy and Bad Boy. He wants to do the same with 2Pac who is a rising movie star as well as rap. Pac refuses which will lead to the events that will change hip hop.

ALL the while Dr Dre of NWA fame and Suge Knight create Death Row records using a combo of funds from drug dealer Harry-O (who did the same with Rap-a-lot), Ruthless money, and money from Vanilla Ice sales. They go on to create the Chronic and Doggystyle which make them the hottest label in hip hop, first time for a squad outside of NYC.

Back in NY Pac, Tut, and Jack are partying at Nells when the two introduce him to Ayanna Jackson. She gives him head on the floor :pachaha:, and they go back to the telly and have consensual sex. The next night she is invited back to the hotel and gives Pac a massage. Jack, Tut, and Rick bust in either gangrape her or take turns on her. Pac says hes in the other room asleep, and when he wakes up Jack says "too many nikkas, I'll handle it". Jack, Pac, and Man Man (manager) are arrested. Pac is indicted and is facing a serious bid.

A few days before sentencing (should be noted Pac was about to be sentenced and Jack hadn't even been in court yet :beli:) Pac talks to the NY Daily News and says its a conspiracy. Later that night 2Pac is called to Quad studio by Jimmy to be a guest on a Little Shawn song. Pac feels like it's a set up but sees his friend Cease so thinks it's all good.

*Moments before, Jimmy says in a room with Shawn and Puff that Pac has been talking too much and won't sign to Bad Boy so we're going to scare him and take his chains.*

Pac gets to the studio and after getting on the elevator gets stuck up by guys in fatigues (known Brooklyn gear). Pac reaches for his strap and they start blasting.

*I'm convinced Pac shot himself, and the shooters might have purposely missed vital organs when they shot back. You can't tell me they missed point blank in the head and legs :upsetfavre: I personally believe that they saw him fight back which was unexpected and protected themselves but didn't kill him, just my opinion :manny:*

Pac heads upstairs to the studio and sees Jimmy and asks why he set him up. Everyone is silent even though it looks like Jimmy and Puffy and Shawn are surprised to see him shot up, not scared for his life. *I think Puff did not have Pac shot the first time, but he definitely knew a robbery was going to happen.*

Pac then goes to court IN A BANDAGE AND WHEELCHAIR surrounded by Muslims and is found guilty. Pac wants to know from Biggie and Puff what exactly happened, but they are silent. Meanwhile, both are still hanging around Jimmy, and his main man Stretch is still hanging around Biggie, even though now of them have seen him in jail.

At a club in Atlanta, there is an altercation between a Bad Boy shooter and a Death Row shooter. It an be concluded that it is somewhat gang related as Suge is a piru and Puff has been associated with Crips since 93. Wolf (killed later in ATL by Meech and BMF) kils Suges best friend and there is not a strain between the two.

In 95 at the Source awards in NY, Suge calls out Puff and shout outs 2Pac, and Snoop Calls out NY. What many do not know is that during the Death Row set a cut out of 2Pac is visible in the mock jail cells.

While 2Pac is in jail, Biggie is blowing up. Taking the formula that Pac showed him, rapping about being a player and a don and making rap/R&B hits. Pac knows that only a year ago BIG was rapping about being on the corner and now he's a don, and he's not shouting out Pac or Thug Life anymore.

While locked up, MATW which was recorded before he went in is released and goes #1. It is a very personal album, and tells of him having dreams of being set up, robbed, and shot; all of which happened. In jail Pac says thug life is dead and sounds like a changed person. Puff mocks him saying that you can't keep flipping like that, NY radio disses him, and Wendy Williams starts a rumor he got raped. Biggie drops 'Who Shot ya' which was recoded before, but has the lines "You rewind this Bad Boy's behind this". The only people supporting him our white celebrities from hollywood and West Coast artists. Seeing that NY has given up on him, he signs to Death Row in exchanged for getting bailed out.

*I imagine after signing Pac and Suge have a convo where Suge says something along the lines of "Puff killed my man" and Pac says "He knows them nikkas who shot me and is getting extorted!"* They then decide to go to war. Suge will be the money and the muscle, Pac will be the mouth piece.

During 95-96 there are many instances that heighten the war

Pac disses Bad Boy every chance he gets. There's rumors of a pic of Puff's kids on Suge's lap. There's many pics of Pac and Puff's girl Sara together. Suge beats up a Bad Boy guy badly trying to get his address.

Then Pac records a song called Hit Em Up dissing the song Playas Anthem. BIGs wife Faith Evans is in the studio and runs back to NY and tells BIG and he records Get Money using the same beat. Pac hears this and goes crazy and re-records Hit Em Up (now including major disses like Bad Boy Killa, I fukked your wife, etc etc). *I personally believe Pac slept with Faith too. That's too low of a blow not to be able to back up with truth, plus Faith was working with Death Row and staying in LA a lot. Plus in every interview she was dissing BIG for cheating all the time.*

Puff at this time fearing for his safety puts a $1M hit on Suge's head. *I believe Puff (maybe drunk or just angry or whatever) lashed out and said I want Suge dead Idc what the cost make it a million. This might have not been a literal million dollars but basiclly saying I will pay anything to have this guy gone. Pac is also placed on the list after Hit Em Up. Remember, yelling Bad Boy killer on every song was a serious thing. Keefe D, an OG crip who works with Puff from time to time accepts the hit.

Death Row heads to Vegas on 9/7/96 to see the Tyson fight. Afterwards Tray Lane says that the crip in front of them stole his DR chain in the mall months back. It is rumored that Puff put a bounty on DR chains. Pac rushes him and he Orlando Anderson is beat. Anderson is the nephew of Keffe D, the OG crip who is close with Puff and is aware of the hit. The choose to act on it now, and are given a gun from ZIP, a Harlem drug dealer close to Puff, and in a drive by shoot Pac and Suge. Suge stares at Keffe because he knows him :merchant:. Suge tells no one to talk to the police because he already knows its some street ish. Pac dies a week later, even though it was always assume he would live. The Makeveli album is later released, dissing Puff and BIG, while also going at Jimmy Henchmen.

Keffe D says he is never given the money, from neither Zip or Puff. *You know this is a goddamn lie. Keffe is smart, never mentions getting money. He did security for Bad Boy for 'concert tickets, and wasn't paid a half milli and let is slide :childplease:. Keffe knows that the IRS don't play*

After the death of 2Pac, Biggie begins to reside in LA for weeks at time record his album LAD. He gets in a car accident and begins trying to get his life back in order. No more beefs, heal his body, and get his fam back together.

In March there are the Soul Train awards in LA and after party that Puff wants to go to. Big wants no part but goes anyway. Although BIG is "done" with the beef, he has recently laid down a freestyle with Swat talking reckless about Pac after his death At the afterparty there are a mix of crips and bloods in the building, along with the Nation and FOI. After getting his car an impala pulls up and shoots him. BIG is dead, and junior mafia is left in Cali with their dead friend. Puff hops on a place back to NY after 3 hours leaving a teenage Cease dealing with the BIG situation.

It's later determined that Suge Knight has orchestrated the hit from prison through a girlfiend and a shooter named Poochie. In retaliation for all the beef, Wolf shooting, the Pac killing, and getting shot in the head, Suge has BIG killed in revenge in LA. It just so happens that BIG is gunned down a block from the DR offices. Poochie is later killed in the 2000s, similar to the way Orlando is killed in Compton in 98.

My god that era was lit:ohlawd:

Everybody's dead or in jail, except Puff. He will never go down for this. Never. Pac rushing Orlando sealed a direct retaliation motive for the crips. Puff is in the clear :stopitslime:

This is the best example I can think of in which one minor issue spiraled out of control. 2 non-factor in each camp in Atlanta is the reason for a civil war, and two brothers dead at the end.

The tragedy is 2Pac. The Don killuminati had jewels on it, and he was only going to get better. He said himse;f "first I gotta giv them what they wanna hear (AEOM), and then I can give them what they need. It feels like losing Malcolm Little before he became X. I think BIG would have left hip hop, had his own label and would be chillin. This era has great music, great entertainment, and great characters. Something this connect won't happen again.
Maan the late 90s was lit
Glad i lived in the goat era

Fred

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Interesting article on ZIP

R.I.P, as 50 says, enough of that shyt. Raise a glass, hoist a flag and take a moment to reflect, on the passing of a true hip-hop dignitary: Eric “Von Zip” Martin.

Zip died August 27, 2012.

No disrespect to Chris Lighty, but everybody who’s anybody in rap knew Zip: Big, Pac, Puff, Jimmy Henchman, Bumpy, Barry Hankerson, Frank, Janice, Melvin, Jekyll, Wolf, Buck and Big L. Global Music Corporations too.

In Death, as in Life, Zip made his exit in style, an impeccable suit, an ornate casket, a horse-drawn carriage, leading a star-studded procession up and down the streets of Harlem to Benta’s Funeral Home.

With Lil Kim and Cameron among the celebrities gathered for the wake, many wondered whether Zip’s favorite “Nephew” would show: that Bad Boy CEO of many names: Sean John Combs, Puff, Puff Daddy, P-Diddy, Diddy, Iamdiddy, Swag, Chairman Of The Board, and (who has recently started referring to himself as) Ciroc Obama.

Back in the day, Puff and Zip were tight, logging long days at Bad Boy and longer nights at Daddy’s House. Although Diddy had not seen Zip in ages, he blew in to pay tribute to his “Uncle” – and said a few words in honor of the magnanimous OG who literally saved his life.

Not only was Zip the godfather of Biggie’s son, he was a Harlem music aficionado who owned a nightclub on Adam Clayton Powell Jr. Blvd.: Zip Code. While his contributions to Bad Boy are unclear, he co-executive produced records with Puff’s close friend, Czar Entertainment chief Jimmy Henchman and Blackground boss Barry Hankerson, including the soundtrack for “Exit Wounds,” a film that starred Steven Seagal and DMX.

Following in the footsteps of his mentor, Ellsworth “Bumpy” Johnson, Zip semi-ruled Harlem’s underworld on and off for decades. He knew every OG on the East Coast and practically every new kid on the block across the nation. Zip drove a bulletproof Mercedes, operated offices on both coasts, and moved effortlessly in and out of both entertainment and underworld circles.

In fact, it was Zip who introduced Puff to the Southside Crips, a formidable street gang based in Compton, CA, with whom Zip had operated a profitable pharmaceutical business for nearly a decade. A fortuitous introduction indeed.

The Crips came to the rescue when bad blood broke out between Bad Boy Entertainment and Death Row Records, where Suge Knight employed Compton Blood gang members as bodyguards. (Crips and Bloods have long been mortal enemies and warring factions.)

The Crips say Zip worked out a deal with Puff for the gang to guard Bad Boy whenever they traveled West. The shot-caller of the gang has intimated that the arrangement commenced in Anaheim following a 1995 Jodeci concert.

Bad Boy partied with the Crips in Vegas, the gang says, after Mike Tyson’s 1995 prizefight with Peter McNeeley. Members of the gang attended West Coast recording sessions and, according to the Crips, Zip brought Big into Compton that year to check out South Park.

An argument erupted in March 1996 backstage at the Soul Train Awards. Crip gang members drew guns to defend Big and Bad Boy against Pac and his Death Row Blood bodyguards. A fierce standoff ensued, but no shots were fired.

The Compton Police Department, LAPD, Las Vegas Police and FBI conducted an early morning raid in Compton in October 1996, locking up dozens of Crip and Blood gang members. According to the search warrant, the cops were trying to quell a gang war sparked by Pac’s murder. Some of the Crips arrested in that sweep, the cops alleged, had provided protection for Bad Boy.

According to “Murder Rap,” a book published last year by ex-LAPD Det. Greg Kading, a Crips shot-caller said Puff offered to pay the gang $1 million for the murders of Suge and Pac. Puff allegedly ordered the hit after dinner at Greenblatt’s Deli on Sunset Blvd, according to LAPD records.

The Crips shot Pac Sept. 7, 1996 in a drive-by about a block from the Las Vegas Strip following a Mike Tyson/Bruce Seldon championship bout. (He died 9/13/12.)

Six months later, Biggie was gunned down in an identical drive-by outside the Petersen Automotive Museum, about a block from the Los Angeles County Museum of Art.

Several witnesses inside the Petersen party told police they saw Southside’s shot-caller approach Puff and ask if he needed security, after which they saw him approach Lil Cease, and ask the same question. Witnesses then saw the shot-caller approach Biggie, who told his bodyguard to let him through. “He’s cool. I know him,” Big said. The two spoke briefly. Moments after leaving the party, Big was murdered.

Zip was at both crime scenes. With Foxy Brown at the MGM, when Pac got lit up. With Keyshawn Johnson on Fairfax Avenue, before Big wound up in the morgue.

These are facts you won’t find on Sean Combs’ Wikipedia Page.

Zip is mentioned nowhere. And he’s not the only omission. The almost Forbes billionaire photo-shops out every undesirable who helped pave his way to fame and fortune – no matter how important a role they played.

Unlike you and me, Diddy need not be defined by pesky inconvenient facts. In the tradition of a cheesy Bad Boy B.I.G. repackage, Diddy “re-mixes” his past to remove socially unacceptable figures as Uncle Zip, as well as recently convicted crack kingpin James Rosemond, AKA “Jimmy Henchman” – a long-time friend and business associate.

Diddy History deletes any reference to his former best friend, murdered felon Anthony “Wolf” Jones, and incarcerated elementary school buddies and business partners Corey “Buck” Jacobs and Kenneth “Big L” Kemp, as well as Black Mafia Family drug lord Demetrius “Big Meech” Flenory.

In Diddy History, many ex-friends, like many ex-Bad Boy artists, simply do not exist.

Zip was very much alive the day he called me 15 years ago, out of the blue, after I wrote his name in an article about B.I.G’s stalled LAPD murder probe. He didn’t like the piece, and let me know.

Zip and I first met in 2000, on a brisk winter evening in Manhattan. I offered to buy him a drink at The King Cole, my favorite bar. As I waited for him to arrive, my cell rang. Zip asked if I could meet him out front of the St. Regis instead.

The second I walked through the door, a tricked-out Escalade rolled up, with Zip behind the wheel, decked out in a plush full-length mink coat and matching pork-pie hat. The passenger window rolled down. Zip signaled for me to jump in.

We drove around Manhattan, talking through our misunderstandings, listening to music, discussing art, crime, and the quality of California hemp. Zip stopped at a liquor store, bought some provisions, and kept driving. An hour later, he dropped me back at the St. Regis. We shook hands, and off he drove, down 55th Street.

Over the next 10 years, I took the A Train up to Harlem every time I traveled East. One evening, at Zipcode, over scotch, Zip bitterly complained about how Puff had stabbed him in the back – for no apparent reason, just abandoned him, kicked him to the curb, as if Puff suddenly got Altzheimer’s. “Look, you come all the way from California. 3,000 miles. You make a point to stop by and see me,” Zip said. “Puffy has never once set foot in this club.

Zip’s health deteriorated swiftly. He spent years in and out of the hospital, battling cancer. Plus, he suffered incapacitating bouts of severe back pain, following a serious car accident, in which he had been rear-ended.

Last week, artists, cops and criminals across the nation were abuzz about Zip’s passing. One infamous, wise ex-colleague summed up the situation, succinctly:

“His secrets die with him.”

For the record, I sent Combs a dozen questions on Friday regarding Zip and their long-standing relationship, and the story I was writing. On Monday, Combs’ spokeswoman Keesha Johnson, vice president of DKC Public Relations, informed me that Sean was not available for comment.

Thanks for reading.

Chuck

Last Link (Zip) Connecting Puffy to Pac's Assassination Passes Away