• No

Votes: 46 40.4%

• Total voters

El_Mero_Mero

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Meek Mill is going to be at an open-air event in Coney Island, NY on July 4th. I have the chance to work there, but the pay is not high enough to make up for the potential bullet strays.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
this has to be pushed on the youth from somebody who they can trust though, somebody who they feel they can relate to, they don’t wanna hear this from no pastor or nobody working a 9-5 job, they won’t listen.
Their parents...... It all starts with the black man

Prodyson

All Star
Daps
Too much woe is me in here already, imo...

For those that say we're doomed.

That can't be so. 99% of people in the Black community are not committing murders.

For those that say it's the culture, what are some ideas to change it? Because although it's just a small amount doing it...we're all somewhat complicit.
Realistically, I think we have to remove young people from shytty households as early as possible. Even if that means free daycare from age 3 and free after school care through middle or even high school. Essentially, we need to control the environments these kids grow up in as early as possible and maintain it as long as possible.

Unfortunately, we probably have lost a good amount of kids already who are in middle school and beyond, but we still have a chance with elementary school aged kids. And let me be clear, this is not for the parents at all, although it should help them as well. Also, fit parents who benefit from this will be even better equipped to position there children for success.

We have to be willing to be parents to kids whose parents are unfit or ill-equipped to be parents.

cobra

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
black American homicide rate is around 20 per 100000

haiti by comparison is only 7

there are worse countries tho
many latin american countries as well as nigeria and jamaica

OfTheCross

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Keeping my overhead low, and my understand high
This study is not showing that though. That's my point. The conclusion you drew is technically correct, but low key off topic. This isn't about a proportion of the us population, this is simply what you are most likely to die from at certain age groups. My question is what is an 18 year going to die from if not accidents or murder? The answer is they generally wouldn't die at 18 otherwise. So even if you reduced the proportion of black murder victims from 44% to just 9%, homicide would still be among the top 3 leading causes of death(like it is for every other race). It's not gonna suddenly be infant death syndrome or polio at number 1. Ya'll are taking a fairly innocuous statistic and acting like a supports an entirely separate argument.

This is problem with random studies, they often tell you a lot less than people think they do.

That's a lie, though. The only other race that has it in the top 3 is Hispanics under 20 and they're at 5% while Blacks are at 35% being murdered.

Daps
I don't think this is a good solution because there are cities with black mayors, black councelmen and black judges who's murder rate is through the roof. I think your solution is too generic and that's why we see cities with your solution in place and the murder rate is still through the roof and there needs to be more specificity than just "elect black people". A black politician will do you in just as fast as any other race of politician, but you're prolly more willing to accept their bullshyt because they look like you:manny:
Yeah uhhh you clearly don’t know my posting history if you believe that last sentence. Do those black politicians hold the correct ideologies? If not don’t elect them. This isn’t rocket science, obviously these politicians need to be progressives but I didn’t think that needed to be spelled out. If you’re electing neoliberals you’re going to get neoliberal results no matter their skin color

Prodyson

All Star
Daps
Homicides and Accidents are the leading cause for all young people because generally they are healthy and don't die from disease.
Except he posted the data that says what you’re saying isn’t really true. Homicide is the leading cause of death for young for blacks and like Pacific Islanders (where it’s tied with 2 other causes of death). It’s not the leading cause of death for any other young group. In fact, the rate of homicides for young black men is RIDICULOUSLY higher than the leading cause of death for other groups.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
This is my source not the initial OP. FBI murder homicide stats from 2019.

Like i said, off topic. I was addressing the OP. Leading cause of death for young people will always be murder or accidents no matter how low or high the percentage of murder in that particular community. They either die that way or live to enter the older age groups. We've mostly eliminated all the other ways young people can die. Polio not coming back

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Except he posted the data that says what you’re saying isn’t really true. Homicide is the leading cause of death for young for blacks and like Pacific Islanders (where it’s tied with 2 other causes of death). It’s not the leading cause of death for any other young group. In fact, the rate of homicides for young black men is RIDICULOUSLY higher than the leading cause of death for other groups.
Murder suicide and accidents are among the top 3 in every group according to his statistics.

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Too much woe is me in here already, imo...

For those that say we're doomed.

That can't be so. 99% of people in the Black community are not committing murders.

For those that say it's the culture, what are some ideas to change it? Because although it's just a small amount doing it...we're all somewhat complicit.
You’re asking the wrong people. Most of them don’t even see black people on a daily basis, let alone young black men from affected areas. They’re clutching their pearls from miles and miles away.

Yzak

All Star
Bushed
Daps
There was a shooting that killed a 24 year old at a warner robins club last night. I read about it this morning and wondered why is this such a prevalent issue with us. White people dont have to worry about constant shootouts at their establishments.
They haven't had 30+ years of programing to hate each other through music and shytty shows/movies. They haven't had 50+ years of Black feminist subterfuge either.

Remove the male leaders in any mammal group and it goes to shyt.