• No

Votes: 46 40.4%

• Total voters

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Unfortunately I know far too many young Black people that have been shot to death, some of them near and dear to me. all of the others have died of other issues after age 44.

:francis:
I’m not referring to know of or heard or read about.

How many funerals of black men or children who have been murdered have you been to? That will help explain your proximity to the issue or if you’re just running with stereotypes and expressing hatred for young black men, as most people who discuss this topic often do.

Tommy Sheppard

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What it is to me is I don't want to become a victim. My solution is mental health, jobs, and activities for Black youth (18 and under). The mindset of someone that's out here killing people has to be formed very early on. The sense of desperation and anger that drives some people commit homicides is something we can fix.
this has to be pushed on the youth from somebody who they can trust though, somebody who they feel they can relate to, they don’t wanna hear this from no pastor or nobody working a 9-5 job, they won’t listen.

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Why are you trying to shut down the debate around this issue by resorting to name calling and going the WS stereotypes or c00n argument. Why is it so hard to believe that people who really are discussing this are doing it in good faith and genuinely concerned.

44% of murder victims in America are Black which is a gross over representation given the Black proportion of the US population (13%) that is alarming. Black people are OVER REPRESENTED in these stats that's how you do a viable comparison. Maybe the reason there is a thread like this "everyday" as you claim is because it is an alarming enough issue to warrant everyday discussion. This site has plenty of threads addressing substantive and non substantive things (sports music self improvement history tech jbo cars fitness etc...) so why you coming in here flame throwing WS c00n this and that.
How many black men do you know personally that have been murdered opposed to those who died from other causes?

Daps
this is false. our level of crime is mainly driven by mindset and culture. poor demographics of other groups don't have as much crime as us. also if that was true those poor African, Asian, and Eastern European nations would have been overrun with crime and they're not.
*handwaves guns being readily available*

Problem is damn near every study done on this shyt ends up at the conclusion that poverty is the primary driver of crime.

Im sorry if I could give shyt what some guy on the internet who’s subtly trying to insinuate that black men are just naturally violent people die to “culture” without anything to back it up. fukk off, I will never think that way about my people and I’m tired of seeing that white supremacist dogshyt pushed on here

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
Just saying logically, young people aren't supposed to die from the other causes on the list. They should live untl they get old enough for the diseases.
So telling me that when they do die its because of an accident or a murder makes sense. Homicide or accidents is among the top 2 for every young person regardless of race.
No, it is not :mjtf:

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
I’m not referring to know of or heard or read about.

How many funerals of black men or children who have been murdered have you been to? That will help explain your proximity to the issue or if you’re just running with stereotypes and expressing hatred for young black men, as most people who discuss this topic often do.

I said near and dear to me, meaning these are people I know personally, not heard of online. Maybe you should re-read the OP because it has nothing to do with stereotypes, we're talking about cold hard facts and fact of the matter is, between the ages of 1 and 44, the leading cause of death for BLACK MALES is homicide.

Frangala

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Le Grand Congo (Kin)
How many black men do you know personally that have been murdered opposed to those who died from other causes?

Three in my age range (under 35) and none of natural causes personally. Again 44% of murder victims while only 13% of the general population (remember that) even grossly represented when you adjust for the sex (gender) and race of victims and their representation in the overall US population.

Last edited:
Daps
C2UQvIHXAAIAm_D-1024x877.jpg
You not black if you can't name everyone in this pic
:birdman:

I can't

:mjcry:

UpNext

Superstar
Daps
We’ll electing our people in local elections and taking back our communities would be a good step. Why are all these communities full of blacks in the south run by white mayors, white council men, white judges etc. We need to come together to fund black candidates from those communities to help fix them.

If you let white racists control and police ur communities these are generally going to be the results
I don't think this is a good solution because there are cities with black mayors, black councelmen and black judges who's murder rate is through the roof. I think your solution is too generic and that's why we see cities with your solution in place and the murder rate is still through the roof and there needs to be more specificity than just "elect black people". A black politician will do you in just as fast as any other race of politician, but you're prolly more willing to accept their bullshyt because they look like you:manny:

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Why are you trying to shut down the debate around this issue by resorting to name calling and going the WS stereotypes or c00n argument. Why is it so hard to believe that people who really are discussing this are doing it in good faith and genuinely concerned.

44% of murder victims in America are Black which is a gross over representation given the Black proportion of the US population (13%) that is alarming. Black people are OVER REPRESENTED in these stats that's how you do a viable comparison. Maybe the reason there is a thread like this "everyday" as you claim is because it is an alarming enough issue to warrant everyday discussion. This site has plenty of threads addressing substantive and non substantive things so why you coming in here flame throwing WS c00n this and that.
This study is not showing that though. That's my point. The conclusion you drew is technically correct, but low key off topic. This isn't about a proportion of the us population, this is simply what you are most likely to die from at certain age groups. My question is what is an 18 year going to die from if not accidents or murder? The answer is they generally wouldn't die at 18 otherwise. So even if you reduced the proportion of black murder victims from 44% to just 9%, homicide would still be among the top 3 leading causes of death(like it is for every other race). It's not gonna suddenly be infant death syndrome or polio at number 1. Ya'll are taking a fairly innocuous statistic and acting like a supports an entirely separate argument.

This is problem with random studies, they often tell you a lot less than people think they do.

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
@
This study is not showing that though. That's my point. The conclusion you drew is technically correct, but low key off topic. This isn't about a proportion of the us population, this is simply what you are most likely to die from at certain age groups. My question is what is an 18 year going to die from if not accidents or murder? The answer is they generally wouldn't die at 18 otherwise. So even if you reduced the proportion of black murder victims from 44% to just 9%, homicide would still be among the top 3 leading causes of death(like it is for ever other race). It's not gonna suddenly be infant death syndrome or polio at number 1. Ya'll are taking a fairly innocuous statistic and acting like a supports an entirely separate argument.
this should be the end of the thread.

People are too stupid to understand data but conniving enough to use it to propagate an argument against their own people.

Frangala

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Le Grand Congo (Kin)
This study is not showing that though. That's my point. The conclusion you drew is technically correct, but low key off topic. This isn't about a proportion of the us population, this is simply what you are most likely to die from at certain age groups. My question is what is an 18 year going to die from if not accidents or murder? The answer is they generally wouldn't die at 18 otherwise. So even if you reduced the proportion of black murder victims from 44% to just 9%, homicide would still be among the top 3 leading causes of death(like it is for every other race). It's not gonna suddenly be infant death syndrome or polio at number 1. Ya'll are taking a fairly innocuous statistic and acting like a supports an entirely separate argument.

This is problem with random studies, they often tell you a lot less than people think they do.

This is my source not the initial OP. FBI murder homicide stats from 2019. I can find some more data to stratify age ranges for each major US racial/ethnic groups and I bet I will still find over representation for both black victims and perpetrators while adjusting for age ranges in comparison to their same age counterparts of other major racial/ethnic backgrounds.

Last edited: