• Yes

Votes: 68 59.6%
  • No

Votes: 46 40.4%

• Total voters

UpNext

Superstar
Daps
Yeah uhhh you clearly don’t know my posting history if you believe that last sentence. Do those black politicians hold the correct ideologies? If not don’t elect them. This isn’t rocket science, obviously these politicians need to be progressives but I didn’t think that needed to be spelled out. If you’re electing neoliberals you’re going to get neoliberal results no matter their skin color
I mean I'm just going based off what you say in your posts in this topic. What ideologies and agendas should black folks be looking for?

Frangala

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Le Grand Congo (Kin)
Like i said, off topic. I was addressing the OP. Leading cause of death for young people will always be murder or accidents no matter how low or high the percentage of murder in that particular community. They either die that way or live to enter the older age groups. We've mostly eliminated all the other ways young people can die. Polio not coming back

lets focus on murder you stay on topic by not adding OR ACCIDENTS because murder actually takes some premeditation and deliberation to commit which is why it so worrying that young Black people are actually thinking about killing and acting on those thoughts more at higher rates than their age counterparts of other racial/ethnic backgrounds.

Let's say on topic with the MURDER part because it speaks to mentality and how people think and acting out on those thoughts the ACCIDENTS part should only be brought to the equation for comparison purposes when we see that other young people of other races are not dying at the same probability and/or frequency as young Black males from MURDER which makes the situation that young Black males even more dire because it cannot be explained away as just a "young people thing" since other non-Black young people are not dying at the same rates from MURDER as young Black people (specifically males). Understood?

Young whites hispanics and asians are not dying from MURDERS like young Black people instead their leading causes of deaths are accidents or suicides but what you are trying to do with your argument is lump all young people in the same group and attribute the leading causes of death as accidents and murders without stratifying by race and analyzing the leading cause which was the main purpose of the OP stratification by RACE and age and not just lump all young people together as both ACCIDENTS, SUICIDES and MURDERS (UNJUSTIFIABLE HOMICIDES).

Last edited:

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Its not just the flat amount of deaths either.

That's an absurd amount of young men exposed to violence directly and indirectly. My brother wasn't even out of high school and he was attending funerals of his teammates. He had a good support system. I don't know if his friends did.

Once violence becomes normalized past a certain level its hard to make it foreign again.

OfTheCross

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Keeping my overhead low, and my understand high
Murder suicide and accidents are among the top 3 in every group according to his statistics.
No it's not, breh. Murder is only in the top 3 for Blacks and Hispanics. And the percentage of Blacks being murdered is waaaay higher. It is not normal.

jqBDbe.jpg
jqBte9.jpg
jqBmzu.jpg
jqBZ57.jpg
jqBpWb.jpg

Yzak

All Star
Bushed
Daps
And this is going to be a problem and I wish black people would take notice. White people refuse to let us run our own programs independently. They feel that must be involved. I believe its because they want to make sure we don't fix ourselves because they really want to see out dilution as a people.
It's their country :yeshrug:

Prodyson

All Star
Daps
*handwaves guns being readily available*

Problem is damn near every study done on this shyt ends up at the conclusion that poverty is the primary driver of crime.

Im sorry if I could give shyt what some guy on the internet who’s subtly trying to insinuate that black men are just naturally violent people die to “culture” without anything to back it up. fukk off, I will never think that way about my people and I’m tired of seeing that white supremacist dogshyt pushed on here
Here’s the thing though, black people are more likely to be in poverty than most other groups. Now we can get into the reason for that, but it’s so deeply imbedded into the fabric of this country that it’s nearly impossible to fix in our current state. So instead, I think it makes sense to come up with a reasonable way forward for our own people that have already been victimized so that we can at least LIMIT the continued victimization of ourselves.

All people, black, white and whatever, make decisions based on self preservation. For some reason many young black males in poverty feel that the easiest way to save themselves is to kill each other. We have to figure out a way to reshape that perception.

Daps
I mean I'm just going based off what you say in your posts in this topic. What ideologies and agendas should black folks be looking for?
Progressive ones, policies that do away with private/public partnerships and put money directly into improving our communities infrastructures like public housing, schools, parks etc. Stripping cops of their insane amount of funding and putting that money into mental health, housing the homeless, getting people off drugs. Events for families that bring the community together etc. Funding that helps fix healthcare outcomes as it’s well known black Americans have some of the worst healthcare outcomes in the country etc. Imposing regulations on businesses to insure people are getting fair wages

There’s lots of things we can do but it’s gotta start locally first

Tha_Mac

and this is Life As Tha Mac
Daps
I'm trying really hard to think what a solution to this would be. I know some say rap has to take some blame in this but I've listened to some of the most violent music in hip hop and have never committed a violent act.

I always thought about the consequences of what killing somebody would be or what selling drugs would be (even tho my homies sold). I didn't want to deal with those consequences. I think black men just gotta look to themselves and think before they act.

But too often instincts or snap decisions take the lead and obviously it's leading to the worst outcome possible.

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
Like i said, off topic. I was addressing the OP. Leading cause of death for young people will always be murder or accidents no matter how low or high the percentage of murder in that particular community. They either die that way or live to enter the older age groups. We've mostly eliminated all the other ways young people can die. Polio not coming back

Murder suicide and accidents are among the top 3 in every group according to his statistics.
Look at you moving the goalposts and deflecting :laff:

Braman

Superstar
Daps
When I look at people who should be beyond it, that are still beholden to hood culture and hood ideology, it tells me that this shyt will never stop.

The quote “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing” comes to mind.

Bc there is always gonna be haves and have nots, but where we are different is we have the faulty premise of being 1 big family. Rich white folk don’t gaf about, and openly separate from, “poor white trash”.

Us? Black women go out of their way to say ‘I’m a lawyer, I have a JD, but I also love trap music’…and they date down, chase thugs, etc. Dudes will be rich and famous and still be on some Stephen Jackson, Ja morant. Kids from the burbs still chase poverty and rapper lifestyles.

We are the only culture that it’s taboo to go against the wrongs within your culture. Chris rock jumped out there and said what a lot of folk was holding in ‘I hate nggas’. I loved that shyt…ffwd I believe nggas now call him a c00n for that :snoop:

Last edited:

rbksNgirbauds

Even on the court we stay flyy, Jada & A.I.
Daps
An improvement in culture.

To where there's agreed-upon customs and ways between brehs. Which encourages them to move in a way to avoid situations that would get them to murdered or to murder. Encourage them to respect their fellow breh and the women that would be in the other brehs life. Encourage them to have an understanding of the role of the man and the role of the woman.

Because with no agreed-upon the custom of living. No set expectations. The culture/community can greatly differ from just the next-door neighbor. Which begets division, and destroys any opportunity for unity. Which leads to nikkas not caring for the next breh life.
This and only this. Any other "suggestions" or "theories" are moot and just a way to dance around the corner issue(s).... namely, we have no fukking culture . Simple as that. Until that changes , nothing changes

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
No it's not, breh. Murder is only in the top 3 for Blacks and Hispanics. And the percentage of Blacks being murdered is waaaay higher. It is not normal.

jqBDbe.jpg
jqBte9.jpg
jqBmzu.jpg
jqBZ57.jpg
jqBpWb.jpg
You're looking at what you posted?
Hispanic - Accidents Homicide
Black - Homicide Accidents
Pacific Islander - accidents homicide
Asian - Suicide Accidents
Natives - accidents, suicide homicide
White folks - Accidents suicide