• No

Votes: 46 40.4%

• Total voters

rlg

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The single most thing we can do is raise our families with two parents in the home and stay married.

Men in the homes by itself would drastically cut violent crimes down exponentially. After that the key thing would be staying married with outside marital issues which in turn would destroy the home.

After one generation we would easily cut homicides down by half and have a legacy for our families to build on if black men and women could work together.

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
clearly still not comprehending anything
You're the one not comprehending. Suicide and accidents ARE NOT murder.

They are NOT comparable. Black men under 44 kill each other at disproportionally high rates that no other group of men does in this country. That is sickening and UNACCEPTABLE. Stop deflecting!

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
I'm trying really hard to think what a solution to this would be. I know some say rap has to take some blame in this but I've listened to some of the most violent music in hip hop and have never committed a violent act.

I always thought about the consequences of what killing somebody would be or what selling drugs would be (even tho my homies sold). I didn't want to deal with those consequences. I think black men just gotta look to themselves and think before they act.

But too often instincts or snap decisions take the lead and obviously it's leading to the worst outcome possible.
I think its really fukked up that out of all the talking points, idioms, hashtags, etc I've seen here over the years - the only one that actually resonated with me was "Save yourself, black man"

Because honestly its too many of us plainly not even able to offer real help in the first place. How you gonna pull someone to shore when you're drowning too? Same concept. You have to be able to put on blinders and straight up limit the ways people can pull you off of a successful path AND get lucky/make your own luck out here. You have to be able to filter good advice from the bad, recognize your situation and realistic opportunities, and be emotionally intelligent enough to consistently make the best out of bad situations when the deck is stacked against you.

Some people are dismissive, some are hopeful, some look for allies and supporters whose entire purpose is to hijack and derail you - at the end of the day you literally have to be exceptional. You alone. That's what it comes down to.

Then you get to be the a$$hole for picking and choosing where to spend your energy while trying to help others :mjlol: but that's a whole other depressing, soul-crushing conversation....

OfTheCross

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Keeping my overhead low, and my understand high
You're looking at what you posted?
Hispanic - Accidents Homicide
Black - Homicide Accidents
Pacific Islander - accidents homicide
Asian - Suicide Accidents
Natives - accidents, suicide homicide
White folks - Accidents suicide

1. We're concerned with homicides.

2. Blacks are the only group where homicides is the leading cause of death.

3. The percentage of Blacks being murdered is 300% - 3000% higher.

It's not a comparable amount. It's too high. What are we going to do about this big ass problem?

Prodyson

All Star
Daps
Suicide is the same thing imo, but thats another debate, regardless I've been referencing Murder and Accidents the entire time. Why are you suddenly excluding them?
I’m not suddenly doing anything, I only responded to one of your posts and the vast majority of people are specifically talking about murder since that’s the topic of this thread. People killing other people. Specifically, people killing our people. I didn’t go back and read everything else you posted. Either way, I don’t see how accidents and suicide fit in THIS particular conversation. Honestly, accidents seems to fit in even less than suicide, but maybe I’m missing a connection somewhere, idk.

Uno Venova

Your honor, I was merely capping.
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Ya'll know that in the category "Unintentional Injuries", "gunfire" is a part of those injuries right? :francis:

Who's categorizing these? :beli:

number21

Strive for rulership not equality, black man.
Daps
Reppin
North Miami
This and only this. Any other "suggestions" or "theories" are moot and just a way to dance around the corner issue(s).... namely, we have no fukking culture . Simple as that. Until that changes , nothing changes
Yep, exactly. Most breh don't want go down this route for so many reason especially when it's pointed out that the basis for this new culture will be in the scriptures.

Last edited:

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
You're the one not comprehending. Suicide and accidents ARE NOT murder.

They are NOT comparable. Black men under 44 kill each other at disproportionally high rates that no other group of men does in this country. That is sickening and UNACCEPTABLE. Stop deflecting!
Which of my points is this supposed to be a counter to? Like i said this study shows nothing about the proportion of murder rate. just show what the most common causes of death are among age groups.

Braman

Superstar
Daps
Suicide is the same thing imo, but thats another debate, regardless I've been referencing Murder and Accidents the entire time. Why are you suddenly excluding them?
Lol I know nggas like this irl…not this topic specifically, but in general, if too many people agree on something it make you feel weird don’t it…you just got to have some contrarian viewpoint

I say that to say this… ngga you should be ashamed of yourself what are you even talking about 😂

Frangala

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Le Grand Congo (Kin)
You're looking at what you posted?
Hispanic - Accidents Homicide
Black - Homicide Accidents
Pacific Islander - accidents homicide
Asian - Suicide Accidents
Natives - accidents, suicide homicide
White folks - Accidents suicide

Bruh.

White Males leading causes of death - (1) 1-19 years : Unintentional Injuries
(2) 20- 44 years : Unintentional Injuries

Black Males leading causes of death - (1) 1-19 years : Homicides
(2) 20 - 44 years : Homicides

Hispanic Males (Non-White) leading causes of deaths - (1) 1-19 years: Unintentional injuries
(2) 20- 44 years : unintentional injuries

Asian Males leading cause of deaths - (1) 1-19 years : Suicide
(2) 20 - 44 years: Unintentional injuries

Memorial Stadium Piru

WE BYKE BABY
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Big Red
I saw that video the other day in Philly where nikkas shot up that block. They were aiming at aunties, kids & other civilians not giving a damn who they hit. Then you got the Buffalo situation & potential copycat incidents, police brutality, etc. which is why I'm feeling the way I'm feeling. Black men in America are antelopes in a savanna full of apex predators.

At this point, I'm on my Charleston White shyt. The #1 thing I wanna see happen is all these rappers get hit with RICO cases and thrown in jail for life. These nikkas are the biggest reason why all this killing & Satanism is running rampant in black America right now. These nikkas are agents of Lucifer.

Prodyson

All Star
Daps
The weird reflex people have to ignore outside factors and put this solely on black people always boggles the mind.
In people’s defense, I don’t think they’re ignoring it so much as they don’t see anything coming from addressing the people who are really responsible, at the root. I mean, look at this country. Can you blame them? I think people have decided it’s a problem we should be able to solve regardless of who is responsible for it. I mean, the ancestors have done it before… and you’d hope white people don’t have the freedom to randomly destroy towns and businesses and lynch black people like they did before.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Bruh.

White Males leading causes of death - (1) 1-19 years : Unintentional Injuries
(2) 20- 44 years : Unintentional Injuries

Black Males leading causes of death - (1) 1-19 years : Homicides
(2) 20 - 44 years : Homicides

Hispanic Males (Non-White) leading causes of deaths - (1) 1-19 years: Unintentional injuries
(2) 20- 44 years : unintentional injuries

Asian Males leading cause of deaths - (1) 1-19 years : Suicide
(2) 20 - 44 years: Unintentional injuries
Bruh nevermind. just read the shyt more throughly when you have time