C2UQvIHXAAIAm_D-1024x877.jpg
DJ Khalid is black now?? :skip:

69 others

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
1. We're concerned with homicides.

2. Blacks are the only group where homicides is the leading cause of death.

3. The percentage of Blacks being murdered is 300% - 3000% higher.

It's not a comparable amount. It's too high. What are we going to do about this big ass problem?

Lol I know nggas like this irl…not this topic specifically, but in general, if too many people agree on something it make you feel weird don’t it…you just got to have some contrarian viewpoint

I say that to say this… ngga you should be ashamed of yourself what are you even talking about 😂

don't even waste time and energy going back and forth with this dude. they'll always be these types of people that somehow need attention and would create unnecessary arguments.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Lol I know nggas like this irl…not this topic specifically, but in general, if too many people agree on something it make you feel weird don’t it…you just got to have some contrarian viewpoint

I say that to say this… ngga you should be ashamed of yourself what are you even talking about 😂
Ya'll just need to admit they don't know how to interpret statistics and stop trying to save face.
Talking about i need to be ashamed of myself. For what? At no point did i endorse murder or make light of death. Simply telling ya'll you are drawing the inaccurate off topic conclusions based on OP.

number21

Strive for rulership not equality, black man.
Daps
Reppin
North Miami

I do think it is a little bit about breh wanting to be a contrarian, but I think he is honestly deflecting to uphold a delusion he has.

He and others who are deflecting think they're nipping at the heels of cacs in being "equal." It's just bad right-wing/racist cacs and "c00ns" holding us back.

So, pointing out how bad of an actual state we're in and the work, WE need to do, breaks that fake reality they're in.

I would just neg and keep it moving.

Last edited:

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
1. We're concerned with homicides.

2. Blacks are the only group where homicides is the leading cause of death.

3. The percentage of Blacks being murdered is 300% - 3000% higher.

It's not a comparable amount. It's too high. What are we going to do about this big ass problem?
I don't disagree with you, but this is off topic. You are interpreting this particular study incorrectly.

LuuqMaan

Superstar
Daps
Does it specify whether it’s other black people killing black or is it an assumption?

OfTheCross

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Keeping my overhead low, and my understand high
Does it specify whether it’s other black people killing black or is it an assumption?

@Frangala gave the additional stats:

2,906 Black homicide victims and Black perpetrators 2,574. In other words, 89% of Black people murdered are murdered by other Black People. 44% of murder victims are Black while only making up 13% of the total US population and grossly over represented in those stats.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Explain how...

Seems like very clear and direct information from the CDC regarding causes of death.
two main reasons
1) Because you guys taking a study that shows the most common causes of death of a particular group and assigning volume to it.
The study is not showing volume, just percentage. If last year we reduced murder in the black community to just 1 person dead. and among all black people only 1 other person died in 2021 of covid or some shyt. The study would still show 50% of black people in that particular group died from murder in 2021.
Stop looking at this and using as proof black people are disportionately this or that. You may be right, but this doesn't prove that.

2) You guy are looking at this study and saying "see? it's a cultural thing specific to black people." again wrong, this study is showing that all young people die in similar ways. How is cultural for us but not Hispanics or pacific islanders? again you might be correct in this view, but this study isn't proof of that. it's essentially ya'll just reacting to a sensational headline without reading the article.

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
Idk if its been said already but There's not one solution but I think the "simplest" and first step to any solution is:value.
You gotta start by first having value for their individual self and that will lead to thinking that your life is worth something and not being so damn impulsive. And by doing that you naturally create a value for the next man, and every one else in their area.
Now how do you get them to understand their value is the rabbit hole. Gotta undo a whole lot of generations of brainwashing but its all a mindset. And frankly I think it’s too far gone for that on a grand scale but I think it could work in small sections, and if enough small sections do it while keeping those who don't value themselves out it can slowly create momentum.
And next would the poverty hurdle but thats a game with everchanging rules that we'll never beat cause its not made for us to beat it. We could put a dent in it though by the ones we have at the top of the financial ladder passing it back down in the form of resources such as business ownership and private schooling but it wouldn't matter until everyone values whats being done for them.
Imma stop here cause I can feel a ramble coming on cause I'm tip toeing round the edge of the rabbit hole :pachaha:

Daps
Honestly, I feel as if most of us on the Coli are so far removed from the environment in which these murders happen that we’re stunned by a statistic that’s just a mundane fact of life for other black people. Let’s be real. We’re outliers, either raised in or currently living middle to upper middle class existences. And there’s NOTHING wrong with that. I’m glad I don’t live around that shyt.

In my opinion, the only answer is to continue living a life separate from that part of our community. There are two black Americas, one that has managed to eke out a moderately successful and healthy way of life in this system of white supremacy, and another that has surrendered to the degeneracy and depravity that poverty breeds in the minds of those who are weak.

Only associate with likeminded black people, brothers and sisters who are positive, constructive and sound of mind, body and soul. Don’t frequent any area in which those _other_ black people flourish. If you’re at an event and there are any hood rats, leave. If you’re at an event and there are any street type dudes, leave. The longer you stay around people like that, even if it’s less than a handful among a crowd of a hundred, the more at risk you are of becoming a statistic.

:francis:

saturn7

Politics is an EXCHANGE!!!
Daps
Reppin
DMV Freedman
I remember some of those threads, one thing that wasn't mentioned specifically was the fact that the leading cause of death of Black males between age 1-44 is homicide. I also suspect it's why we don't have have that same cohort in here trying to make those faulty comparisons, but it's still early and time will tell.

:francis:

I mentioned that in those threads.