Mulatto Tennis player says she isn't black or white

LadySimone

Banned
Daps
The Tragic Mulatto trope is getting really old. That girl can identify as she pleases but the minute that some crazy Euro fans throw bananas on to the tennis court she will be screaming racism and asking for support and sympathy from her "black" brethren.

And on another note, why is it usually the biracial offspring of black men that do this?

Tiger Woods managed to take those racists Ls and not come crying to black folk. I can respect that.

Costanza

lord of the idiots
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Jerrys place
Of course she would. That's how her family raised her. She's essentially a very tan white woman. If you look at her instagram you can tell that this is true. I don't see a problem with it. Madison is clearly NOT a black woman, and neither is any biracial. They're just biracials.

Its so problematic when you take this stance, because race itself is a social construct... there isnt any scientific classification for 'human races'

So many African Americans are not of 100% of African descent, so really how can you start deciding who's black and who isnt?

A biracial person isnt black, or white.... ok what about a person who comes from a mixed mother and a black father?

My step brother is half black and half white and looks like the rapper Logic, he still identifies 100% black... mostly cause my dad raised him and he grew up around me and my brother etc... so i guess yeah its up to her if she doesnt want to identify with a race... but im gonna silently judge for that shyt lol.

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
Define " black". Define "white".
Is a liger a Lion or a tiger?

Will their offsprings be Lions or Tigers or Ligers?
5.jpg
Liger_couple.jpg

Last edited:

bcrusaderw

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Its so problematic when you take this stance, because race itself is a social construct... there isnt any scientific classification for 'human races'

So many African Americans are not of 100% of African descent, so really how can you start deciding who's black and who isnt?

A biracial person isnt black, or white.... ok what about a person who comes from a mixed mother and a black father?

My step brother is half black and half white and looks like the rapper Logic, he still identifies 100% black... mostly cause my dad raised him and he grew up around me and my brother etc... so i guess yeah its up to her if she doesnt want to identify with a race... but im gonna silently judge for that shyt lol.
If we take your stance we will forever be diluting what is considered black. You are correct African Americans are an average of 15-18% white due to forced admixture through slavery. That in no way compares to being 50% white. What if your brother procreates with a white woman? Will his children be black with 25% black dna? It just gets ridiculous at a point. And that's not even mentioning the racist origins of the one-drop rule.

Back4The1stTime

All Star
Daps
The Tragic Mulatto trope is getting really old. That girl can identify as she pleases but the minute that some crazy Euro fans throw bananas on to the tennis court she will be screaming racism and asking for support and sympathy from her "black" brethren.

And on another note, why is it usually the biracial offspring of black men that do this?

In my personal experience, I have seen this more with biracial children of WW/BW. Usually b/c the mother more than not hates the black community and or black men so she channels that energy consciously or subconsciously over to their children. But usually biracial with black fathers embrace their black culture more. Obama, J Cole, Jessie Williams, Drake just to name a few.

Costanza

lord of the idiots
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Jerrys place
If we take your stance we will forever be diluting what is considered black. You are correct African Americans are an average of 15-18% white due to forced admixture through slavery. That in no way compares to being 50% white. What if your brother procreates with a white woman? Will his children be black with 25% black dna? It just gets ridiculous at a point. And that's not even mentioning the racist origins of the one-drop rule.

I gotta say I find issue with idea of refusing to accept biracial blacks out of the fear of "diluting" our gene pool... such a divisive way to put it... when were supposed to be out her talking about unity.

I hear what your saying about racism in one drop rule, hypodescent etc... but at the same time are we in any position as black people to be rejecting membership lol?

and its not a laughing matter, at all but i mean if you accept that most Americans are 1/5th white... but refuse to accept an African American that is 2.5/5 white... it seems arbitrary to me.

Costanza

lord of the idiots
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Jerrys place
Is a liger a Lion or a tiger?

Will their offsprings be Lions or Tigers or Ligers?

What your saying here is 100% a fallacy

Tigers and Lions are two different species... Humans are one... and race as we know it... is not even a scientific classification.