Mulatto Tennis player says she isn't black or white

GreatestLaker

#FirePelinka
Daps
:comeon: I have no idea who they are. But we've gone over the rare exceptions of the rule on certain mixed folks
Wentworth120.jpg
PUVBaxc.jpg

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
1.stop trying to claim biracials
2.Whatever she chooses to identify with does not benefit us in any way
3.You Americans have an unhealthy empathises on societal labels

4.How many members of the coli are actually black?
5.You can be free as a person, and do not have to pick a side
:laff: @ this bullshyt
From my observations on the coli and in real life I often find that black Americans dont like the concept of someone who has a black parent or black blood in them not claiming to be or identifying as "black"

In most countries, Mulattoes are widely viewed and accepted as their own ethnicity. In the french-caribbean colonies (Haiti, Martinique, Guadeloupe) mulattoes who were important in businessmen and as land owners often. Even before the revolution in Haiti, letters have been found where powerful Mulattoe land owners in Haiti were petitioning for the end of slavery because THEY, as free men could not bare the sight of their own mothers who were still slaves even tho many of said mulattoes would eventually buy their parent from whoever owned them (typically the father or plantation owner).

EXAMPLE:I remember growing up in haiti there was a play about a young mullattoe during colonial times wo fell in love with a white woman. As he asked her hand i marriage he was worried that she woudl reject him because little did she know that the black slave who had been serving as her maid during her stay at his father's plantation, was actually his mother. Perhaps my haitian brehs on this site can remember the name of the movie.

But anyway this is just to give some of you an example that the perception of mullattos is not the same worldwide. Just because YOU in YOUR hood, YOUR city, YOUR state, YOUR country consider mulattoes to be "black" doesnt mean it's the standard

Last edited:

sang_bleu

All Star
Daps
Reppin
London
Because here in the u.s society chooses for you. You are either black or white. Ain't no in between. White folks will NEVER fully accept a mixed person as white.

I fairly understand that, but I was focusing on how society expects you to fit typical racial roles in which just adds fuel to the systematic system.
They limit you and expect you to limit yourself.
There was a time when blacks couldn't be into such hobbies and interests that would get them socially ostracised.

Labadi_Mantse

All Star
Daps
From my observations on the coli and in real life I often find that black Americans dont like the concept of someone who has a black parent or black blood in them not claiming to be or identifying as "black"

In most countries, Mulattoes are widely viewed and accepted as their own ethnicity. In the french-caribbean colonies (Haiti, Martinique, Guadeloupe) mulattoes who were important in businessmen and as land owners often. Even before the revolution in Haiti, letters have been found where powerful Mulattoe land owners in Haiti were petitioning for the end of slavery because THEY, as free men could not bare the sight of their own mothers who were still slaves even tho many of said mulattoes would eventually buy their parent from whoever owned them (typically the father or plantation owner).

I remember growing up in haiti there was a play about a young mullattoe during colonial times wo fell in love with a white woman. As he asked her hand i marriage he was worried that she woudl reject him because little did she know that the black slave who had been serving as her maid during her stay at his father's plantation, was actually his mother. Perhaps my haitian brehs on this site can remember the name of the movie.

But anyway this is just to give some of you an example that the perception of mullattos is not the same worldwide. Just because YOU in YOUR hood, YOUR city, YOUR state, YOUR country consider mulattoes to be "black" doesnt mean it's the standard

Yup. The conception of what classifies as black morphs as you travel the world. Obviously, this is a combination of culture and history. Where I'm from, people with a white parent are typically called 'obroni' which is the same term we use for white folks.

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps
:laff: no wonder you claim everyone on some goody shyt. "b-but whites said" ass nikka :dead:

My nikka, you are missing the point :what: I'm not "claimin" everyone. Society at large has already created and accepted these rules. It is what it is it. No matter how me or you want try to rewrite the shyt, these white folks will never accept mixed folks as white.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
My nikka, you are missing the point :what: I'm not "claimin" everyone. Society at large has already created and accepted these rules. It is what it is it. No matter how me or you want try to rewrite the shyt, these white folks will never accept mixed folks as white.

no, you've already accepted those rules. and just cus cacs dont claim biracials, why should you? you keep sayin you're not doing it, but every other day you're in a thread claiming some mixed person.

"you are either white or black, no inbetween" :dead: