Mugabe "Obama does NOTHING for African Americans"

ba'al

Vasectomy Gang
Supporter
Daps
I remember posting like 8 or 9 distinct widespread things Pres. Obama had done that the largest benefactors were Black people, and I distinctly remember brehs arguing about how that wasn't enough.
At least Pres. Obama hasn't aided in corrupting the political system even more, and continued to damage the economy of his country.
nikkas in this thread don't understand how the US political system worked, they expected him to come down from heaven and give each of them a six-figure job and 77 virgins :mjlol:
Can you post the links? i'm interested in reading it.

ChatGPT-5

Superstar
Daps
:leon: So now Mugabe's annual income is 10 million dollars, that just bolsters my argument :bryan:

No one wants to go there because he wants to take over your company and hand it to his elitist friends
Breh, you must not know how much african leaders make, 10 million a year is biscuits around these parts. Angola have billionaires in parliament. :dahell:

and no one wants to go there because he wants a real cut, not that african deal cacs like to cut africans because they think they are stupid. If the man asks for a 60/40 or 50/50, its reasonable because it's his people's land and you are the one that needs the goods.

Scientific Playa

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Championships
And this, my friends, is tokenism. Commuting 61 drug sentences for people whom have already served time and been convicted doesn't make a dent in African American's lives. I'm not even sure the people still don't have a criminal record, meaning they can't even work. Once again Obama has done fukking nothing for black people.

i already said he was powerless to change after realizing the forces he was up against. every president that tried to fix the financial system caught some lead.

the full article

Obama Commutes Sentences for 61 Convicted of Drug Crimes
By MICHAEL D. SHEARMARCH 30, 2016

31obama-web2-master675.jpg

President Obama met with federal prisoners whose sentences had previously been commuted to discuss how effectively they managed to re-enter society. Credit Zach Gibson/The New York Times
WASHINGTON — Ismael Rosa, a salsa singer serving a lifetime prison sentence for drug crimes, had often promised his lawyers that he would sing for them if he ever won his freedom.

On Wednesday, Mr. Rosa was brought to the warden’s office at the Federal Correctional Institution in Pekin, Ill., and was told that President Obama had granted him clemency. On the phone with his lawyer, the lyrics from a gospel hymn finally slipped past his lips as tears streamed down his face.

“I’m free and I’m unbound and there are no shackles on me now,” he sang softly, according to MiAngel Cody, one of his lawyers, who called the moment “beautiful.” Mr. Rosa, 56, who has served 21 years and plans to live with his brother, a sheriff’s deputy in Chicago, when he is released early next year, passed on a message to Mr. Obama.

“ ‘Please tell Mr. President that I will always represent him and I will not let him down,’ ” Ms. Cody said.

Mr. Rosa’s conviction in 1995 on conspiracy to distribute multiple kilograms of cocaine sent him to prison for life. On Wednesday, he was among 61 federal prisoners, incarcerated for drug offenses, whose sentences Mr. Obama commuted, extending his administration’s efforts to reshape a criminal justice sentencing system the president has often described as unduly harsh, unfair to minorities and badly outdated.

Like Mr. Rosa, more than a third of the prisoners who will soon be released were serving life in prison as a result of federal sentencing laws that imposed severe punishments for the distribution of cocaine and other drugs. Mr. Obama has now commuted the sentences of 248 prisoners, more than the total commuted by the last six presidents combined, administration officials said.

“Most of them are low-level drug offenders whose sentences would have been shorter if they were convicted under today’s laws,” Mr. Obama said Wednesday on his Facebook page. “I believe America is a nation of second chances, and with hard work, responsibility, and better choices, people can change their lives and contribute to our society.”

Graphic
How the Epidemic of Drug Overdose Deaths Ripples Across America
Drug deaths have surged in nearly every U.S. county, reaching a new peak in 2014.

OPEN Graphic

Ms. Cody commended Mr. Obama for his efforts on behalf of people like Mr. Rosa. She said that someone newly convicted of crimes like his would no longer receive life in prison, but added that broader changes to sentencing laws were still needed.

Continue reading the main story
Related Coverage

“We are seeing, hopefully, some withdrawal from our own justice system’s addiction to incarceration,” Ms. Cody said. “Some of this will happen with clemency, but some of it needs to happen with true legislative sentencing reform.”

For years, Mr. Obama has been pressing for just that, hoping to reverse steep penalties put in place in recent decades that sent many African-American and Hispanic men to prison for mostly nonviolent offenses. The president has said he is hopeful that he can reach rare agreement with Republicans on broad changes to sentencing laws.

Mr. Obama has said he is encouraged by expressions of support for a criminal justice overhaul by conservative lawmakers and groups. Several Republicans who ran for president this election cycle have said sentencing laws need to be revamped. Liberal groups like the Center for American Progress have teamed up with Koch Industries, the conglomerate owned by the conservative brothers Charles G. and David H. Koch, to try to shrink prison populations.

In brief comments on Wednesday, Mr. Obama singled out House Speaker Paul D. Ryan for his support on the issue and said he was “still hopeful that criminal justice reform can get done.”

But even as Mr. Obama seeks to work with Congress, he has tried to use the power of his office to address the thousands of mostly young men who were imprisoned under the stricter laws established during the “war on drugs” of the 1990s.

White House officials said the new grants of clemency underscored Mr. Obama’s commitment to redress. In a blog post, Neil Eggleston, the president’s chief lawyer, said Mr. Obama would remain “committed to continuing to issue more grants of clemency as well as to strengthening rehabilitation programs” throughout the rest of his presidency.

Marjorie J. Peerce, a partner in New York with the law firm Ballard Spahr, praised Mr. Obama for commuting the sentences of people like Kevin County, a low-level drug offender convicted of distributing small amounts of heroin and crack cocaine. Because Mr. County had a prior felony, the federal judge was required to impose a 20-year sentence, more than four times what would probably be given today.

By REUTERS 00:48
Obama on the Need for Drug Treatment
Video
Obama on the Need for Drug Treatment
By REUTERS on Publish Date March 29, 2016. Photo by Doug Mills/The New York Times. Watch in Times Video »
After serving 14 years, Mr. County is set to leave the Federal Correctional Institution in Yazoo City, Miss., on July 28, 2016.

“The war on drugs from the 1990s resulted in inordinately harsh and long prison sentences for offenders who did not deserve to serve that length of time,” Ms. Peerce said.

Some advocates for those in prison say Mr. Obama’s efforts, while laudable, fall far short of what is needed. They note that his public commitment to using his clemency power more frequently has encouraged more than 30,000 federal inmates to come forward seeking shorter prison sentences. Many of those will not qualify because they committed violent crimes or have not been in prison long enough. But Ms. Peerce said there were “hundreds, if not thousands more that meet the criteria.”

At his current pace, Mr. Obama will free a small fraction of those prisoners by the time his term ends next year. Officials said that was in part because of a lengthy review process that the administration had set up to consider clemency applications.

“We are deeply gratified that the president has used the power of the Oval Office to give relief to people serving unjust sentences for low-level, nonviolent crimes,” said Julie Stewart, the president of Families Against Mandatory Minimums, a group advocating changes in sentencing. “Unfortunately, clemency can’t change policy. Congress should be eliminating mandatory minimum sentences so that thousands more don’t serve excessive sentences that don’t make Americans safer.”

White House officials said Wednesday that the president also wanted to help those released from prison become more effective members of society. On Thursday, the White House will host a discussion with advocates and administration officials about how to help those receiving clemency return to productive lives.

After the announcement of the new commutations, Mr. Obama met with several federal prisoners whose sentences had previously been commuted to discuss how effectively they had re-entered society. In a video posted on Facebook with his statement, Mr. Obama invited the group to lunch to discuss the issue.

Mr. Obama’s motorcade arrived just after noon at Busboys and Poets, a restaurant and bookstore where the president and the former prisoners talked over lunch. Afterward, Mr. Obama noted that several of the former prisoners had become successful members of their communities.

“You’ve got folks around this table who are now attorneys,” Mr. Obama said. “They’re raising children, getting married.”

BaggerofTea

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Breh, you must not know how much african leaders make, 10 million a year is biscuits around these parts. Angola have billionaires in parliament. :dahell:

That doesn't speak well for Angola and many parts of Africa then :francis:

How the fukk are you making 10 million dollars a year as political leader without ripping of your own people badlY?:wow:

godkiller

"We are the Fury"
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I actually don't think that though. And my opinion may be irrelevant to you, but that is fine. I'm talking about how Mugabe's countrymen are suffering I.E. other BLACK Africans. That is where the comparison to Stalin is relevant. Of course there are major differences between the two.

And I suppose the other cac brought up Hitler for the same reasons. Stop, cac.
1. :childplease: Coli nikkas now calling Mandela a c00n now :bryan:

2. Sankara was anti-imperial for the good of his people, Mugabe is anti-imperial for the good of his bank account

3. How are you going to sit up and say that he ultimately failed, by what metric besides this myth of "cacs and foreigners"?

1. It's clear Mandela's actions were c00nery (though whether he was a c00n or just desperate is unclear). Nevertheless Mandela was lifted from apartheid prison to South African presidency by CACS if he agreed not to murder the cac oppressors in that country and to put forth a "Rainbow Nation" theme. That is cononery and betrayal. The various European nations wiped out all and any peoples who dared invade their lands, let alone oppress. Why the double standard in South Africa? Imperialism, cac supremacy and c00nery.

2. Again, your statements make nonsense. Mugabe was richer before the cacs and poorer after them with all the sanctions and bans. The British bestowed upon Mugabe a Knight's honor for defeating apartheid in Zimbabwe. His bank account did not grow for fighting anti-imperialism (which is de facto just fighting cacs).

3. Michel failed. The only Mozambique person I've ever met looked like an Indian fam.

ChatGPT-5

Superstar
Daps
That doesn't speak well for Angola and many parts of Africa then :francis:

How the fukk are you making 10 million dollars a year as political leader without ripping of your own people badlY?:wow:
I am 100% certain your congress reps, senators and officials make more than 10 million a year breh. The Clintons and Bush family are filthy rich. I would wager Obama is worth well over 10 million.

ChatGPT-5

Superstar
Daps
Michelle Obama alone is worth $11 million, and wtf does she even do? she hasn't been a lawyer in years. :bryan:

Clinton is worth 55 million :mindblown:

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Mugabe is right. None of Obama's actions over his 2 twos have changed or will change the average African America's life. The majority of people who benefit from Medicaid aren't even black. Obama in fact has done more for cacs of all stripes--including the ones who want to exploit Cuba--than he has done for blacks. His entire presidency is tokenism.
:deadrose: Try to play stupid with words brehs. The majority of people in the US on Medicaid aren't Black, so of course Black people aren't going to be the majority who benefit. They do benefit at a rate in line with their percentage of the population on Medicaid.
And if you're a Black farmer, you benefit. If you're a Black child in any of the urban areas with the extra-educational programs, you benefit. If you were a person who gained a job in accordance with his post-recession economic policy, you benefit. If you were a person who couldn't get healthcare, who now can under ACA, you benefit. If you worked in the auto industry, you benefit.
I still haven't heard anyone say what exactly it is that would improve their lives as a Black person so greatly, that he could also pass into law, other than some inordinate amount for reparations.
nikkas really play dumb when it suits their agenda :heh:

Scientific Playa

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Championships
da freedom fighter also got in african leaders backside this week

31 March 2016

Africa: Mugabe Blasts Current Crop of African Leaders

Zimbabwean President Robert Mugabe, 92, has accused the current crop of African leaders of not putting the interests of the continent first, reports said on Thursday.

According the state-owned Zimbabwe Broadcasting Corporation (ZBC), Mugabe said some of the leaders had even "regressed".

Mugabe said this during his five day state visit to Japan, where he met with his Japanese counterpart, Prime Minister Shinzo Abe.

Speaking to 38 African diplomats based in Tokyo, Mugabe urged them to put the continent's interests first, in the same way that the founding fathers had.

"Poor African states contributed immensely to the independence of the continent. Some leaders accuse me of belonging to the old, the old generation meaning people like Julius Nyerere, Kwame Nkrumah and Sekou Toure. Yes I accept, and we had one goal that is to see the total independence of the continent," Mugabe was quoted saying.

The state-owned Herald newspaper quoted the veteran leader as saying that the founding African leaders never backtracked on matters of principle.

Mugabe said the current crop of African leaders had lost the ground.

"I think we should re-examine our African policies," Mugabe said.

This was not the first time that the nonagenarian has lambasted his African counterparts.

In January, the Mugabe urged African leaders to honour the legacy of the continent's founding fathers.

Mugabe, who has been at the centre of controversy regarding the continent's relations with the West, has been applauded by many while others have criticised him for his long stay in power.

Source: News24

• Dap
Reactions: Fox

godkiller

"We are the Fury"
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I am 100% certain your congress reps, senators and officials make more than 10 million a year breh.

Bruh:

"Members of Congress hold a lot of the power in America and, a new report shows, plenty of wealth. In fact, more than half of them are millionaires."

http://www.nytimes.com/politics/fir...-members-of-congress-are-mostly-millionaires/

Like you say, there are legitimate billionaires in African government. If Mugabe was indeed fighting cacs for money (which makes no sense as cooperating with cacs tends to lead to more riches), he'd have far more than 10 million. It's easier to make money as an African serving cac ends than defying them. Mugabe's money right now is not even close to African president money, so if he is serving cacs, his bank account has only suffered for it. Evidently then Mugabe isn't serving cacs' interest.

Furthermore, if it wasn't obvious already, there's no such thing as serving cac's interests and then attacking them as invaders. It's one or the other. Mugabe chose the other and rightfully so.
:salute:

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I am 100% certain your congress reps, senators and officials make more than 10 million a year breh. The Clintons and Bush family are filthy rich. I would wager Obama is worth well over 10 million.
Definitely not all of them. Obama only makes 400k a year salary.
And considering the US isn't in that bad of a shape economically (at least in comparison to Zimbabwe) I don't think what you're trying to say has any merit.

ChatGPT-5

Superstar
Daps
Definitely not all of them. Obama only makes 400k a year salary.
And considering the US isn't in that bad of a shape economically (at least in comparison to Zimbabwe) I don't think what you're trying to say has any merit.
Breh that is how much he makes as president, he makes that in one speech. He will be making that in speeches to come. Clinton is currently worth 55 million, where did he get that money from? The difference between your officials and african officials is they own mines. I am not saying it is right, but what I am saying is that in the spectrum of things Mugabe is actually one of the most broke, not richest. You should look up how much the north african leaders make, you will :wow:

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Michelle Obama alone is worth $11 million, and wtf does she even do? she hasn't been a lawyer in years. :bryan:

Clinton is worth 55 million :mindblown:
Your average BigLaw lawyer should be worth about 10 million by the time they're in their 50s, without having chaired any outside organizations, she was also an Associate Dean, and a board member for a international market chain.
And Clinton was an associate at a law firm, founded multiple organizations, was a Biglaw partner (salary of 800k-1M are not uncommon), was a Secretary of State, was on multiple boards of international corporations, and has gotten paid from speaking engagements.
Why is any of this shocking? You'd have to be mentally retarded to not be a multimillionaire by the time you're in your mid-40s if you graduated from an Ivy League law school.

ChatGPT-5

Superstar
Daps
Your average BigLaw lawyer should be worth about 10 million by the time they're in their 50s, without having chaired any outside organizations, she was also an Associate Dean, and a board member for a international market chain.
And Clinton was an associate at a law firm, founded multiple organizations, was a Biglaw partner (salary of 800k-1M are not uncommon), was a Secretary of State, was on multiple boards of international corporations, and has gotten paid from speaking engagements.
Why is any of this shocking? You'd have to be mentally retarded to not be a multimillionaire by the time you're in your mid-40s if you graduated from an Ivy League law school.
I'm not shocked at all, I am more shocked that you're shocked an african leader who sits on 20 billion dollars of minerals and has been a dictator for over 20 years makes the same amount of money, which in the grand scheme of Africa, is peanuts. :dahell:

Africa is the richest continent in the world, there is a reason the richest man to ever walk the earth was Mansa Musa. He showered gold every where he stepped (Europe, M.E, Persia) and its the reason the arabs and europeans came running in after they'd heard tales of him and gold. Same happened to Egypt. Africa despite popular belief has never been broke.