MsJackyOh (Dcyoungfly wife) dies while getting cosmetic surgery

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
plus add to the fact that people live on social media - all they're seeing is the flyest chicks, perfect makeup, hair, bodies, etc def messes with people's perceptions of what the average woman is supposed to look like. social media has taken the place of fashion mags in the 90s as the ultimate source body dysmorphia
I know we've seen plenty of older celebrity women continue to get work done, but from your experience for the average woman, is there a stage where you grow out of comparing yourself to these pop culture images of beauty? Did you go thru this phase yourself and grow from it, and do young black women typically grow from it after a certain age?

It's hard to find a male comparable other than men who press hard for either street cred or exaggerating their money. But most men seem to age out of that by a certain point...

NZA

LOL
Daps
Reppin
These Internet Streetz
we might need some laws against too many cosmetic procedures in one sitting. i know these chicks are flying to the cheapest doctor and dont want to keep flying but there is only so much cutting you can take. even the ones who survive have some crazy stories about just how much blood was needed to save their lives on the table.

skyrunner1

Superstar
Daps
I know we've seen plenty of older celebrity women continue to get work done, but from your experience for the average woman, is there a stage where you grow out of comparing yourself to these pop culture images of beauty? Did you go thru this phase yourself and grow from it, and do young black women typically grow from it after a certain age?

It's hard to find a male comparable other than men who press hard for either street cred or exaggerating their money. But most men seem to age out of that by a certain point...
I have mentioned it on here before, recently ran into an old friend who does massages for these women post op down here, she broke it down for me.. That whole industry has EXPLODED, if you know chicks on facebook they have HUGE mommy makeovers groups thats growing sooooo fast, she get alot of biz on there, when I saw that shyt my jaw drop.. from 40s to girls in 19-21 range.. That shyt is hitting like crack if dudes dont know, ALOT of bandemic bread set it off and basically got these girls in an arms race..

And majority say they not doing it for men, they basically doing it for each other at this point.. :francis:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland

hmm, i think it starts at home, my parents always reinforced taking pride in my natural beauty and things i did have vs harping on what i don't (i never had ass lol or a perfectly flat stomach). but regardless, every woman has insecurities, some just deal with it better. i think ones ability to grow past it also has to do with how a girl/woman sees themself holistically. if you aren't raised to have anything else going on about you - being smart, talented, having a passion - and all you see is the value you have to men or what you present physically to the world, those insecurities hit harder and you're apt to do a lot more to keep your body/face in the game. i do think somewhere around 22-25 most women start to feel a better sense of self, and by your early 30's, many women are comfortable with who they are, even if there's still things they feel they lack or want to enhance.

i personally have no issue with surgery in moderation, but too many of these chicks are doing too many surgeries and too much. people like nicki and cardi b done had 3-4 surgeries, looking at the pics of this woman, she already looked like she had surgery in the past and was going back for more...that's crazy

Malcolmxxx_23

Let's go panthers
Supporter
Daps
I never understood women getting surgery to alter their bodies, especially when you have daughters. I can understand a boob job but when you start playing with your face, hips, tummy, etc, it’s too far. Sending a bad message to your daughters + you don’t even look like your kids anymore.
Gated mansion house
Husband that loves u
Healthy kids
Money
And she was healthy

And still not enough :snoop:

skyrunner1

Superstar
Daps
I swear I've seen that Dr on a youtube short. His career gotta be over after this.

My heart goes out to her and her family.

I just looked up what a mommy makeover is and man that is a lot of procedures to do in one shot
Pretty sure dude did yung miami and her sister/mom.. From reports she was recovering and complained of headaches?