"Mr. Robot" Season 4 Official Thread

iseetrolledpeople

A silent witness to all this trolling going on.
Daps
well we seen how he treated his other soldiers, so they stupid if they're that loyal to him.

he ain't paying them anymore, so killing elliot wouldn't really accomplish much.

also we don't even know if krista went to the cops and got them arrested on top of that.
The 1st thing Young MA and dude did when they saw Vera dead was go for his shoes and his wallet. That should tell a lot about the relationship and that they aren't going to feel ill for Veras death.

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
eh, for this show, I actually appreciated it. and it was done pretty heartfelt
This late in the game Esmail should know his audience, and that we don't really need that much explained.

But whatever, it's nothing I'd hold against the show. And if someone was confused, and this helped them understand better then :manny: I guess it was worth it.

Fred.
It's debatable if it was needed but it was really well done. One reason why I think it had to be done this way is because even still some people are still confused and think Esmail made it up on the fly :manny:

Gus Money

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Aaaaand it's time to stop browsing the subreddit. Watching them being all so confused when the ending was explained so well makes me think they are acting confused just to blow the endind out of proportions. Making it more complicated than it seems. Idk.

Besides a couple of unanswered questions, what's there to be confused about?
I think a lot of people are missing the point of the show and they want answers that don’t really matter (what was WR’s machine, who’s the real Elliot, etc), instead of realizing that the show is about a guy handling life with a severe mental illness. It’s about trauma and loneliness and our shytty society and trying to change the world.

Having all of the answers may have been cool but those answers weren’t the point of the show. I liked it from the jump but it still took me a day to digest everything to be more appreciative of the ending.

Pedro Negro

Reefer & Sneakers
Daps
Reppin
New York fukkin' City
Pleasantville atmosphere:patrice: Scooter girl grown up:leon: Mama Aldersan's gypsy accent:dwillhuh: Happy-go-lucky Price:smugbiden: Aftershock FUKKERY:whoa: Commercials on a hundred, thousand, trillion:hhh: Hack a doppelganger:lupe: Elliots finally confronted:feedme: Butterfly Effect your self, brehs:dame: Beat Cop Dom:skip: Twilight Zone dollhouse homage:banderas: Mr. Robot reemergence:sitdown: FSociety beach gathering:dahell: Runaway Ghost Bride:gucci: Soundstage patchy audio:hamster: Angela's fragmented:usure: Coney Island Elm Street:huhldup: Glitches Go HAM:bryan: Psycho American Tyrell:demonic: Coli gotta shout-out:krs: Kara's the Oracle:ooh: Loop around out of contention:umad: Snoop Dogg Debris:dead: Darlene's clarity:ohlawd: Projection faded memories:damn: Qwerty's POV:mindblown: Open-ended interpretation:jbhmm:

Post sounds like a Ghostface or Prodigy verse. :obama:

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
The whole finale really hit me in the feels
u2cDREm.gif

I wasn't crying but it was almost raining on my face
u2cDREm.gif

Esmail really did it :wow:

Maybe I was caught more off guard because I read @iseetrolledpeople possible theory/spoiler from reddit after last week's episode and I thought that was the way it would play out.

But Esmail wasn't lying when he said that 3rd/4th personality was with us the whole time.

And by the way fukk anybody that was talking shyt about Darlene :pacspit:

She's the real MVP :mjcry:

iseetrolledpeople

A silent witness to all this trolling going on.
Daps
And by the way fukk anybody that was talking shyt about Darlene :pacspit:
Both Fakelliot and Realliot would be lost without her. How many of the hacks she helped Fakelliot pull?! And Realliot would be lost without her.

And if we're talking about her acting skills oh boy. She was on another level and it's tough saying this when everybody played their asses off.
My baby Krista, Vera, WR, Rami, Price everybody deserves a Emmy. Just like in the Sopranos picking the best actor would be hella difficult and unfair for the others.

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
a lot of people seem focused on the machine and the blue light, the one thing i want to know is about the truck.

that has to have some kind of connection to bridging the gap between what we saw and the loop he created, the delorean so to speak. it's where he ends up after he disappears for 3 days.

Last edited:

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
Both Fakelliot and Realliot would be lost without her. How many of the hacks she helped Fakelliot pull?! And Realliot would be lost without her.

And if we're talking about her acting skills oh boy. She was on another level and it's tough saying this when everybody played their asses off.
My baby Krista, Vera, WR, Rami, Price everybody deserves a Emmy. Just like in the Sopranos picking the best actor would be hella difficult and unfair for the others.
I was just talking to someone who's on episode 6 or 7 (the abuse reveal) about acting on the show. It's really a testament to everyone else that they're not overshadowed by Rami's performances.

Looking back huge credit has to go to Esmail for season 2. Even though it was the most underwhelming season it was necessary to develop other characters and give those actors time to shine. He could've still shortened those episodes by 15 minutes though :beli:

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I was just talking to someone who's on episode 6 or 7 (the abuse reveal) about acting on the show. It's really a testament to everyone else that they're not overshadowed by Rami's performances.

Looking back huge credit has to go to Esmail for season 2. Even though it was the most underwhelming season it was necessary to develop other characters and give those actors time to shine. He could've still shortened those episodes by 15 minutes though :beli:
i thought vera went toe to toe with rami on that episode acting wise.

everyone on this show is an amazing actor though.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
Felliot is the real Elliot.

(E)Elliot IS the 3rd personality.

That's gotta be it.
This is one of those things that SHOULD have been obvious to me a long time ago.

So F Corp Elliot created E Corp Elliot and his ENTIRE world... for fun? And it happened? :mjtf:
Since "The Mastermind" is a fantasy creation of of the Real Elliot, I wonder if those drawings on his computer were real. Was Elliot creating an dystopian cyberpunk comic book in his spare time for years, with his main character as a surrogate for himself, until one day he had a mental breakdown and BECAME his comic book character?

F-Corp Elliot said that the character he created was basically a superhero, with a more interesting life than his own. So we've basically been seeing the story of a fictional superhero who came to life and started causing havok in the real world, until he attracted the attention of of another delusional "supervillain" character who fought with him as equal opposites for control over the fate of humanity.

I feel like there are some kind of "Unbreakable" and "Watchmen" parallels to this story, but I can't 100% put my finger on it. Need to think this through some more. How exactly did Elliot get on White Rose's radar again?
nikkas still talking about the machine :dead:

The machine doesn't matter, Whiterose was just a crazy person with money :mjlol:

Angela got brainwashed by a transexual Chinese Jim Jones :russ:
Well, there goes my whole "Matrix" theory :yeshrug:

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
I found another dope Reddit post explaining Tyrell. I didn't really think about it this way :ehh:

Also, and this isn't directed at anyone, since I can't remember who said it....but someone asked why would the Dark Army give their lives for White Rose, with no proof the machine works.

Which is :mjlol:because it's like....does organized religion not exist? Take "the machine" and replace it with the word "God" and you'll see what I mean.

Fred.

Thought about this some more. In addition to Elliot and White Rose being a delusional superhero/supervillain pair, their delusions also BOTH inspire religious devotion among vulnerable followers. Tyrell is a fanatical follower of the Prophet Elliot, and Angela is a fanatical follower of the Prophet White Rose.

A previous post called White Rose "transexual Chinese Jim Jones". Maybe Esmail was trying to make some kind of comment on kinds of people that are seen as religious prophets in general.

Dwight Howard

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Thought about this some more. In addition to Elliot and White Rose being a delusional superhero/supervillain pair, their delusions also BOTH inspire religious devotion among vulnerable followers. Tyrell is a fanatical follower of the Prophet Elliot, and Angela is a fanatical follower of the Prophet White Rose.

A previous post called White Rose "transexual Chinese Jim Jones". Maybe Esmail was trying to make some kind of comment on kinds of people that are seen as religious prophets in general.
I think in the real elliot world white rose was a terrorist. They described the township explosion as a terrorist act.