hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
tenor.gif
Yeah I'm reading some of these responses like
YH84LUO.png

Say what you want about the finale but "Esmail didn't know what he was doing" makes no sense in light of the fact that Angela literally said "you're not the real Elliot" in the first season.

Fred.

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah I'm reading some of these responses like
YH84LUO.png
Say what you want about the finale but "Esmail didn't know what he was doing" makes no sense in light of the fact that Angela literally said "you're not the real Elliot" in the first season.

Fred.
Rewatch These 11 Episodes If You're Still Reeling From The 'Mr. Robot' Reveal

3. Season 1, Episode 10, "eps1.9_zer0-day.avi"
73219c93-8340-427d-8b23-cf88b48b3956-screen-shot-2019-12-23-at-32531-am.png

After the 5/9 hack was successful, the mastermind was faced with his other fellow family identities in Times Square. "You're not real," Elliot said, to which Mr. Robot replied, "And what? You are?"

6. Season 2, Episode 10, "eps2.8_h1dden-pr0cess.axx"
On the subway, Angela asked Elliot about a time she found him suffering a mental break in the Queens Museum — something Elliot couldn't recall. "You were pacing and screaming at the staff because they couldn't see whoever you said you were seeing. Was it your dad then too or was it someone else?" And Angela was absolutely right to bring up the possibility of Elliot having additional identities.

7. Season 2, Episode 12, "eps2.9_pyth0n-pt2.p7z"

Another episode that was featured in the finale was the Season 2 finale. Elliot couldn't remember the plan Tyrell claimed he had come up with. "They all think it's me. They all think I'm the ringleader. The one in charge. And I have no idea what it is," Elliot said. "I could ask him, but who am I really asking?" Perhaps this was another rare case of the real Elliot coming out. But the episode seemed to end on the mastermind when he declared, "I am the only one that exists. It's time to finally take back control." Tyrell then shot him, which came full circle in the finale when Tyrell shot the mastermind in the prison reality on the Coney Island boardwalk.

How can anyone say Esmail didn't have this shyt planned out?

iseetrolledpeople

A silent witness to all this trolling going on.
Daps
Yea this is what i dont get. "Mastermind" Elliot said he placed the "real" elliot in a fantasy world for his protection. So he just gonna give the reigns back to real elliot so he can come back to a world with no Romero, No Trenton, No Mobley, No Shayla and no Angela??

Real elliot gonna come back to a world where Vera goons can clap him at any moment?
Fakelliot was created to protect Realliot from all the evil and didn't let go until he made that world a better place for him so we have to assume that all it's good.

All our answers are in the last scene with Darlene and what she says to Fakelliot.
"We did it", "You are a hero", etc.

As for the WR machine the way I see it is we will have to take Prices word for it, that she was a delusional murderous psycho killer and Fakelliot stopping it is for the better.

And the Vera goons, no breh. They never had problem with Fakelliot so he is fine. They were following Vera on some get money ish, not because they "loved" him.

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
I didn't like or love the last hour :manny:

This is still one of my favorite shows. The writer in me wishes that Darlene said hello friend at end of it:hubie:

Then the writer in you didn’t get the point of the last line.

“Hello, friend” would not only be completely and utterly out of character for a character who has never heard, said, or knows the meaning of the line, it also would/could suggest that Darlene is a part of Elliot’s delusions by having her greet him with a line he has only ever used internally.

It’s the opposite of good writing.

iseetrolledpeople

Daps
“Hello, friend” would not only be completely and utterly out of character for a character who has never heard, said, or knows the meaning of the line, it also would/could suggest that Darlene is a part of Elliot’s delusions by having her greet him with a line he has only ever used internally.
Her saying "Hello friend" would fcuk with our heads more and adding to the confusion.

Hello Elliot is simple yet it shows us that
1. This is Realliot
2. She knows it's him.
3. Telling us that Fakelliot gave up.

So yeah, it was good writing.

Black Ball

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Mighty LBC
Some questions I have.

1. Going under the assumption that we never see the real Elliot in real time. Why doesn't Mastermind remember he created fsociety?

2. The finale paints Mastermind as an Anarchist, but during the shows run he was more of a simple vigilante using his hacking talent.

While Mr. Robot was out here being a full blown Anarchist, when he's supposed to be providing guidance and protection.

Just seems like Mr. Robot actually played the role we are attributing to MM in the earlier seasons.

3. Whiterose killing herself is what I had the biggest problem with. If she had actually shown Elliot a glimpse that the machine would work, then you could sell me on her rolling the dice that Elliot wouldn't jeopardize bringing Angela back. But the only thing Elliot was sure of was that the meltdown would kill alot of people so he wasn't even conflicted at all in his decision. Did she think that Elliot couldn't figure out how to stop the machine from working? At least show Elliot what you showed everybody else to convince them.

Whiterose went through all of the years of planning & trouble only to not cross the goaline at the last moment? She held all of the cards, but yet folded her hand?

I'm looking forward to a re-watch to see if everything holds up.

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
These days it seems like none of these creators can bring it home, and finish strong. They milk their shows and lose sight of the endgame. Sam Esmail is cut from a different cloth :salute:(imagine a Sam Esmail & Vince Gilligan show:wow:) Yes there are some questions, but so far i haven`t read anyone say it`s a bad ending.
esmail the god, but i think he benefits from originally think of this as a movie, so he already had a vision before he ever started on the series.

Dwight Howard

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Some questions I have.

1. Going under the assumption that we never see the real Elliot in real time. Why doesn't Mastermind remember he created fsociety?

2. The finale paints Mastermind as an Anarchist, but during the shows run he was more of a simple vigilante using his hacking talent.

While Mr. Robot was out here being a full blown Anarchist, when he's supposed to be providing guidance and protection.

Just seems like Mr. Robot actually played the role we are attributing to MM in the earlier seasons.

3. Whiterose killing herself is what I had the biggest problem with. If she had actually shown Elliot a glimpse that the machine would work, then you could sell me on her rolling the dice that Elliot wouldn't jeopardize bringing Angela back. But the only thing Elliot was sure of was that the meltdown would kill alot of people so he wasn't even conflicted at all in his decision. Did she think that Elliot couldn't figure out how to stop the machine from working? At least show Elliot what you showed everybody else to convince them.

Whiterose went through all of the years of planning & trouble only to not cross the goaline at the last moment? She held all of the cards, but yet folded her hand?

I'm looking forward to a re-watch to see if everything holds up.
She was fukked legally.

Black Ball

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Mighty LBC
She was fukked legally.

Sure, but she still had it in her power to run the machine. I also understand her wanting Elliot's buy in. But the writers didn't do enough to earn it.

If the writers couldn't figure out a way to make Elliot genuinely conflicted, they should've just had him outsmart Whiterose with a super double hack to stop the machine . :skip::heh:

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Another question I have is Young Ma and that other dude still gonna be after Elliot for killing that crazy dude?
well we seen how he treated his other soldiers, so they stupid if they're that loyal to him.

he ain't paying them anymore, so killing elliot wouldn't really accomplish much.

also we don't even know if krista went to the cops and got them arrested on top of that.

iseetrolledpeople

Daps
Aaaaand it's time to stop browsing the subreddit. Watching them being all so confused when the ending was explained so well makes me think they are acting confused just to blow the endind out of proportions. Making it more complicated than it seems. Idk.

Besides a couple of unanswered questions, what's there to be confused about?