"Mr. Robot" Season 4 Official Thread

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
This wasn't even the real ending, they told homie to wrap it up

Esmail directly contradicted this:

"When I first created the world of Mr. Robot, I thought it would be a niche television series with a small, cult following. Over the past three years, it has become so much more, and I am continually humbled by the show’s recognition and by the amazing cast and crew that work tirelessly to help bring my vision to life. Since day one, I’ve been building toward one conclusion — and in breaking the next season of Mr. Robot, I have decided that conclusion is finally here. Everyone on the creative team, including the amazing people at USA and UCP, didn’t want to say goodbye, but we ultimately have too much respect for Elliot’s journey to extend past its inevitable ending. Therefore, season four will serve as the final chapter of the Mr. Robot story. To fans of the show: thank you for the past three years, and I can’t wait to share this exciting final season with you.”

USA's 'Mr. Robot' has been canceled and will end with season 4

and I can't see a channel wanting to cancel the only show that has ever brought them an Emmy and a Golden Globe with an Oscar winning lead.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Google mr robot cancelled. You’ll get two stories. One is Esmail saying 28 eps in, we at the halfway point. Next they’ll show you the ratings of season 3 and USA saying they approve season 4 but no talk of it being final. Then you’ll see Esmail come out and say nah nah nah we wanted it this way..... even though they said he planned 5 seasons AND 16 more episodes is not halfway when halfway was 28 eps in.

Same way a lot of critically acclaimed shows end. Network is tired of the low numbers, so they don’t tell them flat out cancel, but they push those episodes up and make you rush to conclude shyt. Which further explains why Esmail felt the need to show off with themed episodes. Show the world, see how dumb these guys are? And leave out with his nose in the air

'Mr. Robot' series finale review - CNN

Mr. Robot to End With Season 4

there’s a million more. Just google it and notice when these said it was cancelled and then when Esmail had to do PR and say nah we meant to do this

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Esmail directly contradicted this:

and I can't see a channel wanting to cancel the only show that has ever brought them an Emmy and a Golden Globe with an Oscar winning lead.
They don’t give a fukk breh. It’s 2019. This shyt is all a numbers game. USA ain’t paying out the ass to produce this high quality show for a loss and some metal trophies. They let him have his ending, where anyone else they’d say fukk you, you done.

That’s all your awards gonna get you. Hell The Wire is viewed by white media as the greatest show of all time, top 5 at least. And they on a network with no advertisers. Still got that shyt the fukk up out of here and told Simon to wrap that shyt up.

Ain’t no different from music. Be nice all you want. Win shyt. Those numbers flop and you done here

Deadline has learned that the USA drama created by Sam Esmail received a 0.13 rating in the adults 18-49 demographic for its season four premiere, slipping significantly from the season three opener which received a .22 rating. The debut also netted approximately 440,000 viewers which is another dip from season three which had nearly 680,000 viewers.

OJ Simpsom

Banned
Daps
Some more questions. Did Elliot really get molested? What happened to Tyrell? And what was WR's machine?

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Boy I hate being right.... Not about this theory... I just thought it would be real cause that would be the REAL surprise... Not copying the same old "gotcha" shyt............

But moreso that Esmail would spend this last season, jerking himself off.... 5-6 years for "It was all a dream" last episode... :damn::damn::damn::damn:

and no.... I'm not gonna argue this.. I've watched this show 4 times over (rewatch every year)... I get IT.. I just really truly hate, "ahhhhhhhh gotcha" shyt in the last "5 mins" of a story.. Especially when we all figured "That's not the real one" from the time a third was first mentioned. It made it so not surprising. A time machine/alternate world would have been surprising. This is so cliche

You are alone on that one breh :hubie:

And to be honest the "Mastermind Elliot is not the real Elliot" was right in front of us from the very beginning so it ain't really a gotcha moment if what happened was that the audience couldn't connect the dots till the very end :manny:

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Some more questions. Did Elliot really get molested? What happened to Tyrell? And what was WR's machine?

Yes, he was molested. That was the catalyst to him having so many personalities :mjcry:

Tyrell died in the woods after getting shot, exactly as we saw. The final shot of him was a wink to Pulp Fiction IIRC.

We don't know what exactly it was about

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
You are alone on that one breh :hubie:

And to be honest the "Mastermind Elliot is not the real Elliot" was right in front of us from the very beginning so it ain't really a gotcha moment if what happened was that the audience couldn't connect the dots till the very end :manny:
If we couldn’t connect the dots then we wouldn’t have figured it out. People been calling out this as an ending since the jail shyt. What if Elliott isn’t real. They kept referencing the same shyt we referencing now. We was doing it ourselves in these very threads. That was a top 3, “what’s the ending gonna be” guesses out there.

I said from jump, I didn’t like that trope. There’s not a movie or a show that did that “hey you woke up from your coma” shyt, and I liked it. So maybe I am alone. My opinion is just my opinion.

I think there was a great opening for an original ending. And I trusted Esmail of all people, to do some wild shyt that would have us talking for years.

I did not want.... yea we pulled it all off, but that entire arc about this machine, who knows? It worked or it didn’t. WR was crazy or he wasn’t. He convinced these people how? Who cares? He got all these people killed, even his best friend/wife? fukk it. The real surprise is an explosion made the real Elliott wake up. It was really just another him making him do all that so it doesn’t matter. Crying scene. Family moment. Cue the music. Cinematic ending. Classic.

You been taking risks the whole time. Take one. I expected more. I won’t derail the thread though. As I said. Just my thoughts

:yeshrug:

Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
If we couldn’t connect the dots then we wouldn’t have figured it out. People been calling out this as an ending since the jail shyt. What if Elliott isn’t real. They kept referencing the same shyt we referencing now. We was doing it ourselves in these very threads. That was a top 3, “what’s the ending gonna be” guesses out there.

I said from jump, I didn’t like that trope. There’s not a movie or a show that did that “hey you woke up from your coma” shyt, and I liked it. So maybe I am alone. My opinion is just my opinion.

I think there was a great opening for an original ending. And I trusted Esmail of all people, to do some wild shyt that would have us talking for years.

I did not want.... yea we pulled it all off, but that entire arc about this machine, who knows? It worked or it didn’t. WR was crazy or he wasn’t. He convinced these people how? Who cares? He got all these people killed, even his best friend/wife? fukk it. The real surprise is an explosion made the real Elliott wake up. It was really just another him making him do all that so it doesn’t matter. Crying scene. Family moment. Cue the music. Cinematic ending. Classic.

You been taking risks the whole time. Take one. I expected more. I won’t derail the thread though. As I said. Just my thoughts

You're a troll and those links say nothing about USA canceling the show. The internet is a weird place, if you don't like the show why are you watching and why are wasting time posting in here:mindblown:

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu

I think the major difference is the twist didn’t negate what we saw. Everything we saw was still real and did happen. So for that reason I didn’t mind the ‘we never met the real elliot’ twist.

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
Had to turn off the finale midway cause it was getting confusing af. Might have been cause I was up so late. Can someone explain fake Elliot and what is real to me. Is Angela alive? Is Darlene real?
Everything we saw in the show is real. Darlene is his sister, Angela is dead. He stopped White Rose's machine before it turned on. White Rose is dead. The only "twist" is that Rami Malek is not Elliot, he is another personality we'll refer to as The Mastermind. The Mastermind is the newest one, only been around since a month or so before the show started. It's why he knew so little about Elliot's life. It's why Mr. Robot repeatedly challenged The Mastermind throughout the show for control, and kept on threatening to shut him out forever (Mr. Robot protects the real Elliot, The Mastermind is his avenger and routinely did shyt that put him in danger).

The "alternate reality" we saw was just the loop that The Mastermind had created for the real Elliot to live through. Darlene wasn't in it because Darlene gave up on real Elliot when he was at his lowest (to be fair she has her own issues too), but it genuinely hurt him to the point where an idyllic version of his life would have him as an only child.

In the end, The Mastermind comes to cope with the fact that he is nothing like the real Elliot, he's served his purpose, and in order for real Elliot to start to heal and lead a real life he has to cede control. So all the personalities show the real Elliot everything that's happened since he's been locked away, which is why he wakes up crying and also Darlene immediately knows it's him.

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
Wow.

Satisfying is the word that comes to mind.

I’m actually happy that not only did I understand the entire thing, it feels plausible. It didn’t feel like a stretch and it damn near made me like Darlene right at the end, which in itself is a miracle :russ:

Blessmail really did it.

:wow: