"Mr. Robot" Season 4 Official Thread

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Also remember Price knew what the machine is and was not moved by the speech WR gave Shinji Elliott about Angela
Does he know what the machine is?

I figure he had some ideas, but I never got the impression that he was explicitly told what it is. It seems to be a thing that White Rose might 'show' to people (ie. Angela) but probably doesn't explain in words or with a PowerPoint or something.

I dunno. Maybe she did explain her project's specifics to Price and he doesn't buy it. I just thought that Price knew it was important to her so he wanted to destroy it because he knew it would hurt her (regardless of what the project was)

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I don’t know, I can’t imagine someone as detailed and deliberate as Esmail using the same little girl for a different role.

That's what I think too.

Everything with this guy has a purpose.

I agree but Angela asking Irving "did White Rose ever show you?" and "do you believe in it?" suggests she hasn't seen definitive proof of anything.

These would be odd things to ask after seeing a younger version of yourself.

Fred.

Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
Does he know what the machine is?

I figure he had some ideas, but I never got the impression that he was explicitly told what it is. It seems to be a thing that White Rose might 'show' to people (ie. Angela) but probably doesn't explain in words or with a PowerPoint or something.

I dunno. Maybe she did explain her project's specifics to Price and he doesn't buy it. I just thought that Price knew it was important to her so he wanted to destroy it because he knew it would hurt her (regardless of what the project was)
He gives Elliott that usb drive with all the info of WR project and tells him to destroy it. He goes on that rant saying he almost believed in the pitch WR made to Elliott then dissed him. I think he knows what it is. But then again this show has proven that none of us knows anything lol

One thing I was thinking is this show has alot of red herrings. Young MA was running around in a red coat for fukks sake. I think we might be staring at the big reveal but don't know what it is yet :manny:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Another thing, in the flash back sequence with Angela, her mom mentions believing in "another world" and that they'll see each other again.

Of course she could be talking in religious terms but this seems oddly specific in relation to what White Rose was selling. So I'm curious, if that memory was even real. And if it's not, then the little girl looking like her was obviously planned.

Fred.

Figaro

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 36 Chambers
uh9ibj9dz1441.png

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
Something I forgot to mention.

I see people saying :ohhh:"I bet this is what Angela seen"....but that isn't possible for a couple reasons.

1. The machine being used caused the power plant to have a melt down. Or, if not a melt down (since we haven't actually seen the aftermath) it severely fukked up that nuclear power plant.

So it obviously wasn't turned on in season 2 when Angela met with White Rose.

2. Angela met Irving in season 3 and she asks if he seen the machine, and if what White Rose is saying is possible.

Meaning, she hasn't actually seen anything. She just bought into the ideology. Even Irving gives a vague answer about :patrice:"uh yeah....and I believe anything is possible."

Fred.

Here's the thing:
I don't believe the machine actually caused a meltdown, or that White Rose committed suicide.
It's all part of the illusion.

Even if its not part of "The Matrix", its probably just special effects+hypnotism+LSD.

(But I think its The Matrix)

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
just watched the episode today

the whole power plant scene was off. Elliot just strolling up with no plan, people fleeing from the plant, all the dead bodies, the place completely deserted. just the whole scene was surreal. Cops swarming the place at one point, but it being of no consequence. It all felt like a dream sequence of sorts. The deafening explosions in the background of Elliot & Mr Robot, not to mention the entire scene with Elliot & White Rose, it’s all happening in Elliots head somewhere. All that background noise is similar to experiences he’s had in past dream/withdrawal situations.

Did anyone else catch that Elliot likely was the person who entered the Mr Robot store? And I assume dropped his dads phone when he saw ‘he’ was calling. I assume he was also at Angela’s place to cause that bloody glass with her parents? He was the one who answered when ‘he’ called her mom and hung up. I don’t know what the significance of all that really is, but he is obviously in this parallel reality seeing things are off.

I really don’t know what to expect this Sunday, it seems as if Elliot needs to sort through his mind and reconcile something with his final alt, which I assume is the Elliot we saw in the Fcorp society. I really dont know what to expect, it’s all ending Sunday and I’m running out of speculation. I just know that the power plant scene was way to surreal to be real, it has to be in his head. Which makes you wonder what of anything we saw this season was happening? Where is Elliot physically right now if all that was a dream of sorts? I don’t know, but the moment he ran from Mr Robot in the hotel parking lot, the rest of the episode was just ‘off’ to me

I’m just ready for these last two hours, I would be shocked if Sam dropped the ball.

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I would be shocked if Sam dropped the ball.
When you see shyt like this and others posted in the thread, where stuff from the first season seems to be tying into the final two episodes , which are going to be in a place I don't think any of us could have predicted, if Esmail lands this, where would this put him in terms of show runners?

jdubnyce

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
t-dot till they bury me
When you see shyt like this and others posted in the thread, where stuff from the first season seems to be tying into the final two episodes , which are going to be in a place I don't think any of us could have predicted, if Esmail lands this, where would this put him in terms of show runners?
Top 5 drama