"Mr. Robot" Season 4 Official Thread

iseetrolledpeople

A silent witness to all this trolling going on.
Daps
From season 1 episode 3

2dgdcv7g33541.png

Blessmail might be the goat
Is there something else besides the letters on the door?

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Wait why is the brightest timeline Elliot still living in that shytty appartment if he making Boss moves at work?
It’s not a shytty apartment

E-timeline Elliot is just a shytty person.

When Elliot didn’t realize Darlene was his sister that first season. :damn:

Last edited:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Something I forgot to mention.

I see people saying :ohhh:"I bet this is what Angela seen"....but that isn't possible for a couple reasons.

1. The machine being used caused the power plant to have a melt down. Or, if not a melt down (since we haven't actually seen the aftermath) it severely fukked up that nuclear power plant.

So it obviously wasn't turned on in season 2 when Angela met with White Rose.

2. Angela met Irving in season 3 and she asks if he seen the machine, and if what White Rose is saying is possible.

Meaning, she hasn't actually seen anything. She just bought into the ideology. Even Irving gives a vague answer about :patrice:"uh yeah....and I believe anything is possible."

Fred.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Something I forgot to mention.

I see people saying :ohhh:"I bet this is what Angela seen"....but that isn't possible for a couple reasons.

1. The machine being used caused the power plant to have a melt down. Or, if not a melt down (since we haven't actually seen the aftermath) it severely fukked up that nuclear power plant.

So it obviously wasn't turned on in season 2 when Angela met with White Rose.

2. Angela met Irving in season 3 and she asks if he seen the machine, and if what White Rose is saying is possible.

Meaning, she hasn't actually seen anything. She just bought into the ideology. Even Irving gives a vague answer about :patrice:"uh yeah....and I believe anything is possible."

Fred.

She saw her former self though
s5ssj1uimbrz.png

Last edited:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I woke up today, still thinking about this... What if Elliott's dad made this same choice before. When he "died" he was just transported to Elliott's mind.. It's

She saw her former self though
s5ssj1uimbrz.png

I remember that but I'm not sure how much of that was Esmail trolling the audience. They've used different actors for younger versions of Elliot....but nobody thought it was different versions of the same character. They might've just used the same little girl because she was a good actress.

Besides, if she acknowledged that was the younger version of herself, then there's no reason to ask Irving if the machine works. She would already know.

Fred.

Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
Random notes, I don't think Irving believes in the machine. His response in that video and conversation with dom at the airport leads me that way. Also remember Price knew what the machine is and was not moved by the speech WR gave Shinji Elliott about Angela

But this could very well be all in Elliott's head. Shinji Elliott reminds me of Hannibal and his mental palace.

There's definitely an Alderson loop in play

But I'm running with Shinji Elliott because like the other poster said someone in the writing room is a big Evangelion fan. In the og tv series the last 2 episodes were some off the wall cookie cutter very safe writing. Then he made a final episode called end of evangelion that was a complete tragic mindfukk of an ending. That has to be where this is going

Either way Esmail has my attention for any of his future projects

Gus Money

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Doesn't ruin it for me, and honestly don't see how it could ruin it for anyone. They've been hinting at this for multiple seasons. Even flat out mentioned alternate realities last season.

Fred.
What are your thoughts on this new Elliot being the last personality that they’ve been hinting at? That sounds more likely to me than this being an actual alternate reality.

But that means all the mentions of alternate realities were just fake outs and it doesn’t explain a lot of other stuff.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
What are your thoughts on this new Elliot being the last personality that they’ve been hinting at? That sounds more likely to me than this being an actual alternate reality.

But that means all the mentions of alternate realities were just fake outs and it doesn’t explain a lot of other stuff.

I never bought into the alternate reality stuff in the first place. I thought White Rose believed in it, which was enough.

If this Elliot is the last personality cool, but it's not really a dramatic reveal. It's just a mundane version of the Elliot we know. There has to be more to it than that.

Fred.