"Mr. Robot" Season 4 Official Thread

Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
If you mean Elliot being dead: Esmail saying "Goodbye friend", (which was the first time it was referenced, we always hear "hello friend") as he injected him earlier in the season and the fact you can never trust what you see. Made me think of An Occurrence at Owl Creek Bridge.

In the story, a man is captured by enemy forces and is set to be hung(not grammatically correct, but it sounds better), he escapes as he's being hung he then goes on a journey and sees fantastic things, but in the end the rope snaps and none of it actually happened, he dies.

If you mean older Elliot: throughout the series there have flashbacks, everyone in the flashbacks has been accounted for in the boardroom, except for older Elliot, who was always carefree borderline psychopathic in his mannerisms, perfect personality for someone who shrugs off Vera's crazy ass.

Also, Esmail stated in an interview that the personality has been there since the beginning. That could cover all of his personalities, mother, father, younger version, slightly older, and himself.
We got a An Occurrence at Owl Creek Bridge reference, this thread is officially artsy :wow:

This episode was fukking flames btw.

And Shinji Elliott theory is the one I'm running with. This set up elliot possibly being the main villain, possibly :hubie:

CouldBeWorse

Superstar
Daps
JIuC0W0.png

:dead::dead::dead::dead:

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
I mean even before you get to season four you see her interacting with others. She has a boyfriend and led F Society into some chick's home while Elliot was in jail in season 2

:heh: nah he's saying you're quoting me but replying to danie82's post.

I was saying the season 2 jail twist came from outta nowhere to me, but made sense, but prolly because I wasn't on the internet speculating, and how it's hard to not subconsciously spoil yourself because the most talked about speculated idea is usually the right one

she was saying Darlene might not be real

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
If you mean Elliot being dead: Esmail saying "Goodbye friend", (which was the first time it was referenced, we always hear "hello friend") as he injected him earlier in the season and the fact you can never trust what you see. Made me think of An Occurrence at Owl Creek Bridge.

In the story, a man is captured by enemy forces and is set to be hung(not grammatically correct, but it sounds better), he escapes as he's being hung he then goes on a journey and sees fantastic things, but in the end the rope snaps and none of it actually happened, he dies.

If you mean older Elliot: throughout the series there have flashbacks, everyone in the flashbacks has been accounted for in the boardroom, except for older Elliot, who was always carefree borderline psychopathic in his mannerisms, perfect personality for someone who shrugs off Vera's crazy ass.

Also, Esmail stated in an interview that the personality has been there since the beginning. That could cover all of his personalities, mother, father, younger version, slightly older, and himself.
That’s clever. But honestly I hope it doesn’t happen because it reminds of the ‘it was all a dream’ / snow globe type endings. I’d prefer if all of this time I invested in was actually real.

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
Fire episode.

Honestly as the show is coming to an end I’ve run out of things to say, theories to throw around etc.

I’m just along for the ride.

White Rose really had me thinking Angela was gonna appear from around a corner at any minute though. When Price was giving his last speech on the steps I thought she was gonna tap him on the shoulder. The smart me knew it wasn’t gonna happen, but the dreamer in me...

Can’t lie if I was Elliot I would have fukked it up by believing her.

:mjcry:

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It’s almost odd to have four episodes left after that one. Sam has something in store for us.

It was a good episode and this season has been great. Some suspension of belief is needed for me to think they can just poof away billions & billions of $$ though? The way I see it, those funds were directly tied to the work these people did with Deus and they are still very wealthy on a personal level. The people are tied to governments, large corporations, but there doings with Deus cannot be directly tied to those positions, thusly those governments/corporations wouldn’t look to take any recourse to recoup this money. If anything they are freed from their internal opposition.

The opening scene with young Elliott, Mom & Mr Robot was obviously very important, would like to hear more discussion on thoughts around that scene. I think Sam is setting us up for a massive Elliot reveal, I think he did something terrible back in Washington Township to defeat his ‘monster’ and we’re about to discover a darker side of Elliot. The Elliot we know may be a mirage from the real Elliot? I don’t know, again, to have 4 episodes left, he’s going to mindfukk us one last time.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
It’s almost odd to have four episodes left after that one. Sam has something in store for us.

It was a good episode and this season has been great. Some suspension of belief is needed for me to think they can just poof away billions & billions of $$ though? The way I see it, those funds were directly tied to the work these people did with Deus and they are still very wealthy on a personal level. The people are tied to governments, large corporations, but there doings with Deus cannot be directly tied to those positions, thusly those governments/corporations wouldn’t look to take any recourse to recoup this money. If anything they are freed from their internal opposition.

The opening scene with young Elliott, Mom & Mr Robot was obviously very important, would like to hear more discussion on thoughts around that scene. I think Sam is setting us up for a massive Elliot reveal, I think he did something terrible back in Washington Township to defeat his ‘monster’ and we’re about to discover a darker side of Elliot. The Elliot we know may be a mirage from the real Elliot? I don’t know, again, to have 4 episodes left, he’s going to mindfukk us one last time.

Yeah, it's not as if the Deus Group is actually broke now. Those accounts were basically the pool of money they were using to do all the behind the scenes stuff. Still, they got handed a tremendous L.

And the fact that it took 9 episodes out of 13 to pull it off....and multiple people dying....makes this a lot easier for me to accept as far as suspension of disbelief.

Not sure what exactly the implications are as far as the first scene, other than the three other personalities waiting for the 4th to show up. I actually dated a girl whose mom had dissociative identity disorder and her personalities would have "meetings" to decide things, like the first scene.

Fred.

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yeah, it's not as if the Deus Group is actually broke now. Those accounts were basically the pool of money they were using to do all the behind the scenes stuff. Still, they got handed a tremendous L.

And the fact that it took 9 episodes out of 13 to pull it off....and multiple people dying....makes this a lot easier for me to accept as far as suspension of disbelief.

Not sure what exactly the implications are as far as the first scene, other than the three other personalities waiting for the 4th to show up. I actually dated a girl whose mom had dissociative identity disorder and her personalities would have "meetings" to decide things, like the first scene.

Fred.
I think we are being setup for one more big mindfukk reveal. Elliot is an alter and they were talking about his true self in the opening of this episode? Whoever they are referring to, it’s gonna flip things. Elliot will have a lot to discover when he returns to Washington Township. It might be enough for him to finish WR project, which could be her ultimate plan.