"Mr. Robot" Season 4 Official Thread

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Great episode, imo #2 of the season so far although Elliot walking in the direction of the building is dumb as hell. Dark Army this season doesn't even feel remotely threatening like they did in the past . Just straight up incompetence

Also idk if all them billionaires are gonna leave their most of $$$ liquid and in 1 spot . Glaring leap of logic from Esmail who hates that kind of stuff in TV /movies

Especially when E Corp got touched just months ago
I don’t think it was necessarily all of their personal money, but rather their money tied up with the Deus Group through that particular bank.

So they may not be living on the street corner but a lot of their functional power is gone.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
The multiple shadows are dope
nqrguKSl.jpg

Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
Dope Episode. Camera work is always well done in the single-shots. Loved that they used an IMSI exploit, scary what can be done with it. Acting as a portable cell tower intercepting traffic:banderas:
Elliot going out the front of the hotel was dumb as hell and made no sense, other than framing the shot, could've been done in the hotel, but whatever. And White Rose didn't even take a second look, even after questioning seeing him.

This episode confirms everyone we've seen in one of Elliot's flashbacks is a personality.

With the news that the hidden personality knew about Vera and didn't care, it makes me think it's the version of Elliot that watched his dad pass out at the theater and did nothing. Completely gave no fukks about the situation and went to enjoy himself. Kind of like knowing Vera was looking for him.

That version of Elliot was older than the boy in the boardroom.

Still holding out on my theory Elliot is dying in his apartment though.
Curious what made you think of that theory

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
God damn that was an amazing episode. :wow:
Fsociety took Dark Army completely off their square. Had White Rose moving like Treyway, shooting people in the middle of NY. :francis:

Price had one of the best send off eps in TV history. Dude literally spent the entire ep drunk and trolling his enemy.:mjlol:

"Damn you just lost another employee. Bad management breh." :troll:

"We're broke." :umad:

There was a promo for this season, that showed White Rose coming down some stairs with mad dead bodies everywhere. That's obviously the aftermath of the shoot out in this ep. I wish I could remember what promo it was, can't find it right now. If any of you can find it, post it. Anyway, White Rose obviously doesn't get arrested with 4 eps left. I foresee them and the Dark Army wilding the fukk out since now they have nothing to lose. :patrice:

But for now Fsociety is up 100. :blessed:

Fred.

Daps
If you mean Elliot being dead: Esmail saying "Goodbye friend", (which was the first time it was referenced, we always hear "hello friend") as he injected him earlier in the season and the fact you can never trust what you see. Made me think of An Occurrence at Owl Creek Bridge.

In the story, a man is captured by enemy forces and is set to be hung(not grammatically correct, but it sounds better), he escapes as he's being hung he then goes on a journey and sees fantastic things, but in the end the rope snaps and none of it actually happened, he dies.

If you mean older Elliot: throughout the series there have flashbacks, everyone in the flashbacks has been accounted for in the boardroom, except for older Elliot, who was always carefree borderline psychopathic in his mannerisms, perfect personality for someone who shrugs off Vera's crazy ass.

Also, Esmail stated in an interview that the personality has been there since the beginning. That could cover all of his personalities, mother, father, younger version, slightly older, and himself.

Curious what made you think of that theory

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Oh and something else I forgot to mention.

Elliot obviously has more than 3 personalities as evidenced by the opening scene this ep. Where the mom, son, and father are waiting for "him" to wake up.

But he only has three dominant personalities (Elliot as we know him, Mr. Robot, and the 3rd, whoever that is).

Fred.