Mr Robot Season 1 Thread

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
shyt, to me it jumped the shark when elliot got pushed off the pier. then the prison episode/dead body in the trunk. then dude choking girl out on the roof. i mean, this shyt is aiming for breaking bad season 5 levels of fukkery in the first season.
Kinda glad you brought this up because I know nikkas aint trippin off this and let shyt almost as bizarre slide in other shows :isthatafact:

pon

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Every episode leaves feeling like :ohhh: :dwillhuh:

This episode left me feeling like
8a524cda4a698bfac89dc86263f30e02.jpg

NkrumahWasRight Is Wrong

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Uncertain grounds
A tranny hacker? I've seen it all. :heh:

Tyrell is so bytch made. Now Darlene's interactions with Elliot from the beginning make sense. She talked to him like she knew him but he didn't. We definitely need a backstory on Elliot's mental state. It also explains why Darlene was so hell bent on taking down Evil Corp.

I was thinking about it more after the EP. Maybe his past trauma led to a 50 first dates/shutter island mixed type mental state...and him falling off the pier/getting pushed made things worse.

The thing that Im still hung up on a tad is the sequence with the blank disk at the end. He hacked himself and found no records...then found the disk unlabeled and thought it was him..but it was Mr. Robot. This is why I thought it was possible that Mr Robot is real but Elliot is not. To Elliot, there is still no proof that he is real outside of the pictures of the family and the shoddy narration and interaction with other characters. Its a wild long shot..but I suppose its conceivable that Mr. Robot created Elliot (dead child?) as the imaginary friend once upon a time and perhaps tried to imagine how his child would have grown up and lived his life had he survived. Mr. Robot technically started fsociety and had his daughter join off the top but it took trouble for him to get Elliot along for the ride (non-existant?). Its common for parents to psychologically live vicariously through their children so its not impossible for this to be their angle after Robot went through insanity and other mental illnesses that led to him re-creating his son as a friend and then wishing he could be young again or that he had such high hopes for his son etc etc.

Mr. Robot has now met with Tyrell and it wasnt their first meeting (and Elliot had met with Tyrell three times before). Elliot, in all meetings, never disclosed any motives or indications he was in fsociety, yet Tyrell was aware of the cancer angle (when he talked to his wife about it). On the other hand, it is possible that Elliot had to go full blown Mr. Robot status in meeting Tyrell previously because of the increased pressure and the need to be an "adult" in such important meetings...but idk.

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
honestly none of the fukkery involving elliot bothers me or comes off as unrealistic. it was established long ago that this dude isn't reliable. he's lying to us the same way most people lie or exaggerate things to themselves about shyt except he has a drug addiction and some type of mental disorder which has led to fukkery on a hundred thousand million.

however it does make things confusing as fukk because i never know what is real. like when he called darlene right after meeting white rose i had no idea if he imagined it until he was actually on his bosses computer. for now though i like the confusion. keeps me on my toes when watching this shyt.

Bless't

Living the dream
Daps
Reppin
NULL
When she found out Tyrell killed the chick her face was a combination of:wtf: and:ehh:"that works"

When they were in the kitchen, I really thought she was speaking to Tyrell in a rhetorical fashion.

Then that scene came on.

I'm done guessing anything. This thread kinda reminds me of the thread on True Detective season 1. Which means...

This is a dope show.

ReggieFlare

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#ITGang
I was thinking about it more after the EP. Maybe his past trauma led to a 50 first dates/shutter island mixed type mental state...and him falling off the pier/getting pushed made things worse.

The thing that Im still hung up on a tad is the sequence with the blank disk at the end. He hacked himself and found no records...then found the disk unlabeled and thought it was him..but it was Mr. Robot. This is why I thought it was possible that Mr Robot is real but Elliot is not. To Elliot, there is still no proof that he is real outside of the pictures of the family and the shoddy narration and interaction with other characters. Its a wild long shot..but I suppose its conceivable that Mr. Robot created Elliot (dead child?) as the imaginary friend once upon a time and perhaps tried to imagine how his child would have grown up and lived his life had he survived. Mr. Robot technically started fsociety and had his daughter join off the top but it took trouble for him to get Elliot along for the ride (non-existant?). Its common for parents to psychologically live vicariously through their children so its not impossible for this to be their angle after Robot went through insanity and other mental illnesses that led to him re-creating his son as a friend and then wishing he could be young again or that he had such high hopes for his son etc etc.

Mr. Robot has now met with Tyrell and it wasnt their first meeting (and Elliot had met with Tyrell three times before). Elliot, in all meetings, never disclosed any motives or indications he was in fsociety, yet Tyrell was aware of the cancer angle (when he talked to his wife about it). On the other hand, it is possible that Elliot had to go full blown Mr. Robot status in meeting Tyrell previously because of the increased pressure and the need to be an "adult" in such important meetings...but idk.

There was also the episode where Elliot was having his drug trip when he was speaking with Angela and she said that he was born only a month ago. So far there doesn't seem to be many red herrings (if any at all) so that could be huge

Either way, I'm convinced either Elliot is fake or Mr.Robot is

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
There was also the episode where Elliot was having his drug trip when he was speaking with Angela and she said that he was born only a month ago. So far there doesn't seem to be many red herrings (if any at all) so that could be huge

Either way, I'm convinced either Elliot is fake or Mr.Robot is

If Mr. Robot is fake how did he met up with Tyrell?

If Elliott was fake how does that explain Mr. Robot's interaction with Tyrell?