Mr Robot Season 1 Thread

The War Report

NewNewYork
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State
That server that Gideon installed the honeypot on.. CS30.. That's the one that was infected when Angela put the CD in right?
No, that was the server that fsociety infected. The malware that Angela installed was for The Dark Army to monitor Gideon and use as a decoy to get Elliot to the meeting.

resurrection

By Way of Deception, Thou Shalt Do War
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
No, that was the server that fsociety infected. The malware that Angela installed was for The Dark Army to monitor Gideon and use as a decoy to get Elliot to the meeting.
Yeah you're right, smh.. Damn had to remember back to episode 1 for that one. Good looks

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'm gonna wait to see how this all comes together before I put this episode on the Fonz on water skis status:patrice:
shyt, to me it jumped the shark when elliot got pushed off the pier. then the prison episode/dead body in the trunk. then dude choking girl out on the roof. i mean, this shyt is aiming for breaking bad season 5 levels of fukkery in the first season.

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
shyt, to me it jumped the shark when elliot got pushed off the pier. then the prison episode/dead body in the trunk. then dude choking girl out on the roof. i mean, this shyt is aiming for breaking bad season 5 levels of fukkery in the first season.
I was cool with all of those other things. The second he said the sister shyt I was on the verge of :beli: but I let it play out. I'm gonna see how this all ties together before shytting on it though. "Crazy" is a very dangerous tool to use in film and TV. It can come off as very creative and clever or come off as extremely gimmicky and lazy.

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh

I was cool with all of those other things. The second he said the sister shyt I was on the verge of :beli: but I let it play out. I'm gonna see how this all ties together before shytting on it though. "Crazy" is a very dangerous tool to use in film and TV. It can come off as very creative and clever or come off as extremely gimmicky and lazy.

I'm on the verge of hitting the dexter button but I'll wait and see. Didn't help that we knew that Mr robot wasn't real 2 episodes in.

chico25

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My current working theory on what's going on.

When Elliot first found proof that Evil corp killed his dad he snapped and started acting the way we see Mr Robot act when Elliot isn't around. This lead to trouble with the law and his court ordered therapy that possibly had him in an institution for a while. In order to get out he needed to "get better" so his personality split into two parts. The cold logical part that shuts everyone out that we know as Elliot and the angry motivated part that needs revenge for his father. In order to keep his emotion in check the Elliot part had to forget certain things that would push him over the edge. The morphine helped to keep things separate and kept Elliot from thinking too deep about his past. Once it was gone there was too much going on to care until now.

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My current working theory on what's going on.

When Elliot first found proof that Evil corp killed his dad he snapped and started acting the way we see Mr Robot act when Elliot isn't around. This lead to trouble with the law and his court ordered therapy that possibly had him in an institution for a while. In order to get out he needed to "get better" so his personality split into two parts. The cold logical part that shuts everyone out that we know as Elliot and the angry motivated part that needs revenge for his father. In order to keep his emotion in check the Elliot part had to forget certain things that would push him over the edge. The morphine helped to keep things separate and kept Elliot from thinking too deep about his past. Once it was gone there was too much going on to care until now.
I forgot the therapy was court ordered, we don't know why:jbhmm:

Hades

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I mean, last episode was definitive. I am almost at a loss for words. Almost.

The big themes for this episode were relationships and motives. No one saw the friendship of Angela and Darlene. Something that is revealed to be long standing. Mr. Robot and Tyrell. Tyrell and Joanna. Elliot and Darlene. Elliot and Gideon. Elliot and White Rose. All different kinds of relationships with different points of intersection and the motives that cultivate and sustain them. That in and of itself makes the show even more interesting as you find out where and why they exist and from where they originate.

Someone called it earlier in the season that Darlene knew Elliot when she showed up at his apartment and knew where it was and definitely felt comfortable there. The reveal that she is not only related to him but that he has previously forgotten who she was in the past and also previously tried to strike up a relationship with her is both nasty and hella nasty. I'm wondering how they just let him go on with his drug problem like it's all good? Something ain't right.

With Gideon and AllSafe, I like how they showed him (at least) to not be a complete bumbling idiot. Maybe that is something that I don't grasp because I am not in the IT field but how is Gideon the only one shown to come up with the idea for the Honey Pot? I'm probably over thinking that one so I'll drop it. Gideon is on your ass Elliot. I'm sure that will come up later.

I was wrong. Joanna is really pregnant and really really down for their cause. I though she just wasted some gherkin juice on the floor until I saw that fork. I didn't need that confirmation. Now I am even more interested in who is delegated their orders and what their plans are. I almost forgot that Tyrell is well versed in coding/ hacking since the first episode. No one saw the meeting with Mr. Robot coming. One comparison to Tyrell that I keep getting is Willem Dafoe's portrayal of Paul Smecker from The Boondock Saints. Especially the opera music in the headphones as he enters the zone to find more information on what the hell is going on.

I'm disappointed in Angela. Look ma, it's not all about you and it's 2015. You gon have to let them nudes go. You really jeopardized everyone's career at AllSafe twice, just to save yourself. For what? Just to b i t c h at Elliot. You know my man has problems. I think you can let him have more than thirty days to get back to where he needs to be. I did also think it was convenient how Tyrell just went along with Giedon's plan but it's all in the game I suppose as they revealed why later on.

Uh, is White Rose is a transsexual man or male cross dresser? That part really threw me off but I like how he dominated the conversation the entire time. I also am inclined to believe that since he stated that he will not see Ellioit ever again, that they will indeed meet up sometime in Season 2.

There mother f u c k e r s are killing it. I feel like I just got done watching part two of a four part finale.

Just playing. Did anyone catch Elliot looking at the camera (us) at 10:58? It was the scene when he and Darlene were on the bench. It was really slight but I cannot believe that it was coincidence.

chico25

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Someone called it earlier in the season that Darlene knew Elliot when she showed up at his apartment and knew where it was and definitely felt comfortable there. The reveal that she is not only related to him but that he has previously forgotten who she was in the past and also previously tried to strike up a relationship with her is both nasty and hella nasty. I'm wondering how they just let him go on with his drug problem like it's all good? Something ain't right.
I was the one that said she treated him like she knew him as part of my argument that Mr Robot was not real. As for the drug problem, they may not know. He only did his drugs in front of Shayla and by the time he got called out for it in front of the group he had quit and was detoxing. They could have looked at any off behavior as him being crazy or withdrawn.

With Gideon and AllSafe, I like how they showed him (at least) to not be a complete bumbling idiot. Maybe that is something that I don't grasp because I am not in the IT field but how is Gideon the only one shown to come up with the idea for the Honey Pot? I'm probably over thinking that one so I'll drop it. Gideon is on your ass Elliot. I'm sure that will come up later.

I was wrong. Joanna is really pregnant and really really down for their cause. I though she just wasted some gherkin juice on the floor until I saw that fork. I didn't need that confirmation. Now I am even more interested in who is delegated their orders and what their plans are. I almost forgot that Tyrell is well versed in coding/ hacking since the first episode. No one saw the meeting with Mr. Robot coming. One comparison to Tyrell that I keep getting is Willem Dafoe's portrayal of Paul Smecker from The Boondock Saints. Especially the opera music in the headphones as he enters the zone to find more information on what the hell is going on.

I'm disappointed in Angela. Look ma, it's not all about you and it's 2015. You gon have to let them nudes go. You really jeopardized everyone's career at AllSafe twice, just to save yourself. For what? Just to b i t c h at Elliot. You know my man has problems. I think you can let him have more than thirty days to get back to where he needs to be. I did also think it was convenient how Tyrell just went along with Giedon's plan but it's all in the game I suppose as they revealed why later on.

Uh, is White Rose is a transsexual man or male cross dresser? That part really threw me off but I like how he dominated the conversation the entire time. I also am inclined to believe that since he stated that he will not see Ellioit ever again, that they will indeed meet up sometime in Season 2.

There mother f u c k e r s are killing it. I feel like I just got done watching part two of a four part finale.

Just playing. Did anyone catch Elliot looking at the camera (us) at 10:58? It was the scene when he and Darlene were on the bench. It was really slight but I cannot believe that it was coincidence.

Yeah I'm glad they didn't go with the incompetent oblivious boss trope that sometimes happens with this sort of show to make the protagonist seem godly.

I believe Tyrell screwed up killing the chick. His wife talks about moving forward with blackmail and video of an affair. I think the plan was for him to just have sex with her but the ether her husband hit him with was still burning his soul and he lost control. When the police told his wife what happened she rolls with it because she's a ride or die bytch but she was legit surprised.

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
I was gonna post this last night but that swerve fukked me all up

VdyBDZrO.png

:fifamendment: