Mr Robot Season 1 Thread

The War Report

NewNewYork
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State
If Mr. Robot is fake how did he met up with Tyrell?

If Elliott was fake how does that explain Mr. Robot's interaction with Tyrell?

What I mean is one of them is the imaginary alter ego

Elliot is real and Mr Robot is not. He has a split personality. Remember when Krista said that Elliot be lashing out in anger? Mr Robot always lashes out in anger.

The War Report

NewNewYork
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State
:beli: Not Tyrell, I thought he was in it for the power/money, but he talking some hacker bullshyt too so I am like :dahell:
He knows about computer programming. Was he not trying to be the Chief Technology Officer? :comeon:

And Tyrell is in it for the power, money, and status. He was just admiring Elliot for looking at the bigger picture.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Alan Sepinwall:

One of the GOATs seal of approval :wow:

As Gilligan said anything about it @hexagram23?

Trying to avoid this thread because I ain't see the newest ep. I'm about to go in though.

And nah, Gilligan always makes vague polite comments about shows but he doesn't seem to watch any series. He watches mostly old movies and documentaries.

Fred.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Elliot is real and Mr Robot is not. He has a split personality. Remember when Krista said that Elliot be lashing out in anger? Mr Robot always lashes out in anger.
when he wild on homie from Paid in Full :ohhh:
it all makes sense now

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Give me more.

Moar! Moar!

Edgar-human_SS_01.jpg

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
@hexagram23 were waitin on you breh

First off @Jmare007 it's funny you asked about Vince Gilligan earlier because Sam Esmail said "Breaking Bad" is a major influence of this show.

As far as this episode....this shyt blew my high AND I'M NOT EVEN HIGH.

kaphs_zpsa060b499.gif

As far as the plot twists....I only think plot twists are lazy if they contradict something that was established. And this seems to, but really it doesn't. There was enough clues that Elliot already knew Darlene in some capacity, that they pulled this off beautifully.

I don't even know what else to say. Fantastic episode, fantastic series....it's funny because this time last year this wasn't even a blip on anyone's radar and it came out of left field and completely dominated everything else out. The only way this show could be better is if Cristobal Tapia de Veer did the soundtrack.

Fred.

NkrumahWasRight Is Wrong

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Uncertain grounds
:beli: Not Tyrell, I thought he was in it for the power/money, but he talking some hacker bullshyt too so I am like :dahell:

He knows about computer programming. Was he not trying to be the Chief Technology Officer? :comeon:

And Tyrell is in it for the power, money, and status. He was just admiring Elliot for looking at the bigger picture.

Also, when Tyrell first talked to Elliot they talked about linux etc and Elliot was surprised that a suit like Tyrell was on that grind. Tyrell essentially implied that he used to be a hacker or a top level programmer of some sort.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
With Gideon and AllSafe, I like how they showed him (at least) to not be a complete bumbling idiot. Maybe that is something that I don't grasp because I am not in the IT field but how is Gideon the only one shown to come up with the idea for the Honey Pot? I'm probably over thinking that one so I'll drop it. Gideon is on your ass Elliot. I'm sure that will come up later.

Gideon didn't fully trust Elliot because he noticed a pattern of weird behavior from him. Everyone else believed Elliot when he claimed that he cleaned all the fsociety junk off of the machine.

As far as the identity of Mr Robot, I read a recap today the brought up a possibility that nobody mentioned here yet
Mr Robot might not be Elliot's biological father, but rather his stepfather that moved in after his real father died.

Not saying that I believe that, but it's a possibility. In fact, I think its more likely now that Mr Robot is a combination of Tyler Durden and Dexter's father's ghost. He's wearing the exact same clothes as in one of Elliot's old photos.