Mr Robot Season 1 Thread

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Mr. Robot has made me stop watching.
To come here to post how great this shyt is.
the first intro before the title blazes across the screen.
Was incredible,....
I may not be back here for twelve hours,.....
Imma bout to binge on this mr robot.
This shyt seems already better than the girl with the dragon tattoo import tv show.

Art Barr

god=nature=we'reFUCKED

Organize the non obvious
Daps
Reppin
HQ
The last 3 episodes provided some weird paranoid schizophrenic vibes. At least 5 tremendous moments had me like
rgp.gif

jdubnyce

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
t-dot till they bury me
I just finished it today. Started watching a month ago.

I mean...its alright. I applaud its creativity but right now its the definition of "doing too much". Like with this white mask Tyrell thing. If that is the case...it doesnt make sense for it to be him. The whole time it seemed as if Elliots dad was the white mask. *scratches head*. Essentially there are a lot of things that take place in the show that act as twists or whatever...but they dont really make sense. That or I'm thinking too much / not watching it closely enough. It's just a bit corny to me.

-Elliot is starting to become an annoyance as well. Great actor...but his character is becoming too cringeworthy / whiny.

-Overall I'm not truly entertained watching the show. It was only 10:30 when I watched the finale but it was dozing me off. :patrice:.

I'm on the fence. Whether or not I watch season 2 will depend on how quickly it comes / what time of year it drops. Wrong timing and I can see myself falling off of it like I did after the third season of Dexter, after the first season of True Blood...and even Halt and Catch fire.

Right now its a 7/10 to me

7/10 :what::wow:

But we knew Elliot/Robot are one in the same - or the reveal should not have been that much of a surprise. I don't think it's too far fetched that Tyrell was in the mask for the latest vid :manny: (but we still don't know its him for sure). Elliot could've filled him in on the plan, got him on board, filmed the vid then killed him :yeshrug:

His internal struggle/confusion is fueling his 'whininess' (although i wouldn't classify it as whining). Hes a former addict, paranoid schizo, who thought he was being recruited by someone who turned out to be his father, who turned out to be his other persona :dwillhuh:. He can't recall certain things/people, got his girl killed (Shayla :noah:) loses days without explanation, plus is involved in the biggest computer attack in history.

I don't think we should expect him to react like ':ehh::patrice::manny: it is what it is, lets KIM'

Anyway, see you in the season 2 thread :umad::salute:

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
7/10 :what::wow:

But we knew Elliot/Robot are one in the same - or the reveal should not have been that much of a surprise. I don't think it's too far fetched that Tyrell was in the mask for the latest vid :manny: (but we still don't know its him for sure). Elliot could've filled him in on the plan, got him on board, filmed the vid then killed him :yeshrug:

His internal struggle/confusion is fueling his 'whininess' (although i wouldn't classify it as whining). Hes a former addict, paranoid schizo, who thought he was being recruited by someone who turned out to be his father, who turned out to be his other persona :dwillhuh:. He can't recall certain things/people, got his girl killed (Shayla :noah:) loses days without explanation, plus is involved in the biggest computer attack in history.

I don't think we should expect him to react like ':ehh::patrice::manny: it is what it is, lets KIM'

Anyway, see you in the season 2 thread :umad::salute:
Lol. Oh...if they only mean latest video that makes sense. I thought dudes meant along kt was him

But yea 7/10. There aren't any episodes that I'd want to rewatch for entertainment value. So it's just a 7/10. To be 9-10 like some of y'all dudes are saying it needs replay value imo. Not to sound like one of those guys...but jts just my opinion

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
People are so thirsty to be a part of something grassroots that they will ignore all faults to further the hype

I think a 7/10 is too low but it aint crazy. The finale took a lot of steam out of it. I would still give it a 9/10 though.

I cant say that I give a shyt about any characters outside Elliot and Tyrell. And the Mr. Robot stuff has potential to get annoying. This doesnt bode well for the future for me.

But with Utopia and Hannibal off the air now, Mr. Robot had an easy path to the top 5

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
People are so thirsty to be a part of something grassroots that they will ignore all faults to further the hype

I think a 7/10 is too low but it aint crazy. The finale took a lot of steam out of it. I would still give it a 9/10 though.

I cant say that I give a shyt about any characters outside Elliot and Tyrell. And the Mr. Robot stuff has potential to get annoying. This doesnt bode well for the future for me.

But with Utopia and Hannibal off the air now, Mr. Robot had an easy path to the top 5
Considering esmail says this season was only the first act of what would have been his movie i have full faith in future seasons that everything will be answered and that the quality will be maintained

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Considering esmail says this season was only the first act of what would have been his movie i have full faith in future seasons that everything will be answered and that the quality will be maintained
He said in an interview after the finale that the scene at the cemetery would've been the 30 minute mark of the movie.

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
Alright, I take back what I said earlier. Just finished episode 8 with the whole Darlene thing. I saw the Mr. Robot thing coming from the beginning, but didn't see the Darlene twist. I sort of had the :dahell: moment when she was in the ballet class with Angela, but didn't really think twice about it.

They got me.