MR MCMAHON (Netflix Documentary Series - September 25th)

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Off topic but I always wondered why Vince had so much love/respect for ECW?

Having them pretty much takeover a RAW show in 95 didn't help put over WWF. Letting Lawler show up at ECW doesn't help WWF. Vince said that he had Paul on payroll to pay him back for poaching ECW's talent, but we know Vince has no moral qualms about poaching talent or he would have paid AWA, Mid-Atlantic or all the other territories he poached talented from when he took over WWF.

Why did Vince care about ECW so much?
They wasn't a threat and Paul was willing to play ball.

threattonature

Veteran
Daps

Having them pretty much takeover a RAW show in 95 didn't help put over WWF. Letting Lawler show up at ECW doesn't help WWF. Vince said that he had Paul on payroll to pay him back for poaching ECW's talent, but we know Vince has no moral qualms about poaching talent or he would have paid AWA, Mid-Atlantic or all the other territories he poached talented from when he took over WWF.

Vince had no problem working with smaller companies if they were no threat to them. He did with OVW, with Jim Cornette in Smoky Mountain, with Lawler and his Memphis company. He lent all of them superstars and some of them got appearances on the main roster. It was a way for Vince to keep guys active that he had no storylines for while also keeping them away from his main competition in WCW.

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Mercedes Mone reveals thoughts on Mr. McMahon documentary on Netflix via her newsletter

"Honestly, I was a little disappointed and didn't feel like there was too much new for me. I'll say this, as I watched, I couldn't believe that I got to work for Vince, what a crazy genius he is, and how he really elevated wrestling to a whole stratosphere. He created a universe fans have enjoyed for decades and still do. He made wrestling larger than life."

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Mercedes Mone reveals thoughts on Mr. McMahon documentary on Netflix via her newsletter

"Honestly, I was a little disappointed and didn't feel like there was too much new for me. I'll say this, as I watched, I couldn't believe that I got to work for Vince, what a crazy genius he is, and how he really elevated wrestling to a whole stratosphere. He created a universe fans have enjoyed for decades and still do. He made wrestling larger than life."

Uh Oh. Wonder if people gonna keep that same energy for her they had for some others….

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps

He got ideas and talent from there. shyt was a lowkey developmental for them.

Im surprised they never snatched away RVD

DaHNIC82

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Off The Cuff Radio/ScrewballRadio/BudeBoyEnt

This is where Bill Simmons fukked up. He painted Vince as more of a misunderstood but tortured Genius instead of a monster. Far cry from Surviving R.Kelly and Downfall of Diddy.

Surviving R.Kelly made people not give a damn if he made 12 Play

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets

ECW pushed the limit, which Vince eventually did too. And ECW brought a spark, then flames, to the business. You can say ECW revolutionized what a wrestling promotion could be. Cokeboy saw how great of a mind Heyman was/is, which is what Vince was about too.

Wise

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I loved wrestling as a kid. I’m talking the attitude era. Brought back a bunch of memories especially episode 4.

I stopped watching I believe towards end of 04. I can’t recall if John cena and Randy Orton were there yet, if they were it was just the beginning. Nonetheless, I just stopped watching one day cause it probably didn’t have that same effect like they even mentioned in the docu series.

Lots of you guys seem to be current wrestling fans to but for those who watched it in the hey day it’s definitely a great watch. One of Netflix better ones for sure.

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
If there’s one thing this doc has shown me 4.5 eps in…Trump and Vince are the same fukking person breh.
In the book Ringmaster(Vince's biography), it says when Trump was in office, when Vince would call, he was one of the few people that Trump would stop what he was doing to take the call.

The President of the United States would stop what he was doing to talk to a carny wrestling promoter. :bryan: