MR MCMAHON (Netflix Documentary Series - September 25th)

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I'm indifferent to Meltzer but I'm always entertained by how polarizing he is:russ:

Kinda depends on who he is shytting on at the time. I think what's most polarizing about him is the "dirt" because he used to have sources inside the walls of WWE and now it appears that he just guesses on certain things and some people still take his word on it. Others act like he's always "wrong" which is also overblown because he still gets things right as well just not like he used to. It's fandom based...

As a wrestling historian, however, there are few people who have traveled the world like Meltzer attending all these promotions over the last 40 years

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Meltzer didn't say anything that wasn't true. He actually came off very well in the doc. Editing helps but Dave was fair and balanced here
They made him sound like someone that doesn't double talk, and that's all Dave needs to sound/look like a good talking head. They even made it a point to "put him over" on the doc as the only one that said Vince taking back the company in 2022 was possible...and you know damn well Dave said "Yes...but you know, um, this is wrestling. Um, anything can happen, he might not comeback and that's a real posibility but he can can comeback too. You know what I mean?" :russ:

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
They made him sound like someone that doesn't double talk, and that's all Dave needs to sound/look like a good talking head. They even made it a point to "put him over" on the doc as the only one that said Vince taking back the company in 2022 was possible...and you know damn well Dave said "Yes...but you know, um, this is wrestling. Um, anything can happen, he might not comeback and that's a real posibility but he can can comeback too. You know what I mean?" :russ:

I don't remember him saying Vince could come back but I also don't listen to him much these days or read all of the discourse. There's a lot of historical facts and what not that he touched on in this doc that he's always been on including the WMIII actual attendance...

What's more is that the guy actually followed the McMahon trial, he was there while it was going on, he was on Donahue when Vince was there discussing the ring boy allegations etc.... People pretend like Dave ain't been in the mud but here's been there every step of the way.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
:dwillhuh: he said it on the doc. I'm making a joke about how they edited him to make him sound confident when he always double talks with that sort stuff.

Huh? I'm not talking about the doc, I'm responding to what you said about him supposedly being "right" on Observer Radio... I don't remember him saying "Vince could still come back" on his shows or newsletters at the time.

CM_Burns

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't share Meltzers taste on what makes a good match or good wrestling generally, but he's not just some smark. He has watched more wrestling than probably any living human besides maybe Vince, and has been around covering wrestling forever.

His autism also allows him to be pretty fair and unemotional. I didn't sense an ounce of "fukk Vince!" in anything negative he said in the doc.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Huh? I'm not talking about the doc, I'm responding to what you said about him supposedly being "right" on Observer Radio... I don't remember him saying "Vince could still come back" on his shows or newsletters at the time.
I was agreeing with you he looked/sounded good in the doc and went further explaining that the big reason for that was that it was very well edited because they avoid Dave double talking breh :mjlol: never said anything about Observer Radio this time around :pachaha: