MR MCMAHON (Netflix Documentary Series - September 25th)

Jesus H. Christ

I died for your sins
Daps
This old fossil truly is a billionaire mark. Referring to yourself in third person through all episodes is incredible. Very trump like or trump high key jacked Vince style.:heh:

Pritchard made himself look like a hoe right towards the end. "He's a human too!!:to:"

Two days later... The whole world finds how humane Vince is.

Undertakkker and Hulkkk Hogan, not surprised that they're defending daddy :stopitslime:

Vic Damone. Jr

Don't support the phonies, support the real
Daps
Reppin
Memphis TN
Will forever be hilarious hearing how Bret
friday-deebo.gif

Vince
:laff:

DaHNIC82

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Off The Cuff Radio/ScrewballRadio/BudeBoyEnt
Austin was the main reason the E beat WCW in ‘98. His impact changed the landscape of pro wrestling forever. How is that not above The Rock, who only got big in late ‘98 and became a bigger name in ‘99? :dahell:

Austin brought the hood back to the WWE... His impact cant be denied at all

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
I haven’t watched wrestling in decades. But aren’t they revising history claiming Shawn Michaels coming out with biker shorts was the start of the Attitude Era?

And claiming Stone Cold being the biggest star of the Attitude Era by far :patrice:? I swear The Rock was damn near right there with him
The Attitude era was a gradual trickling out process starting with the switch to Raw is War (though if you really wanna go far back, Diesels promo after Survivor Series 95) but the HBK biker shorts shyt was when Vince specifically decided to go with the raunchy content factor. Raw had already gotten edgier for most of 97 but the fall and winter is when they started getting sleazy and explicit

Boonapalist

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Lakers
Austin was the main reason the E beat WCW in ‘98. His impact changed the landscape of pro wrestling forever. How is that not above The Rock, who only got big in late ‘98 and became a bigger name in ‘99? :dahell:
Wtf you’re not reading what I said I said “far above.” If you wanna say he was far above Triple H or The Undertaker sure but The Rock no. Austin was #1 though.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
Wtf you’re not reading what I said I said “far above.” If you wanna say he was far above Triple H or The Undertaker sure but The Rock no. Austin was #1 though.
Far above means you’re higher than the next person. How you claiming Austin was number 1 but still behind Rock? There’s no sense there. :what:

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
It's so crazy how a lot of these wrestlers look to Vince like a father figure, especially the ones whose father's were in their lives. I get that he made you rich and famous but at the end of the day, he was/is your boss.

Maybe because wrestlers spend a lot of time with each other and the promoters that they feel that way.

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
HBK is 7 years younger, brought everything Bret brought to the table (on-screen anyway), fit better into the direction they were moving in and he was probably a little cheaper at the time. It ticks a lot of boxes.

That decision lowkey saved Shawn's life too. It kept him in a place where HHH could babysit him when necessary and the back injury at the Rumble got him off the road and gave him a chance to clean himself up and find God. Pilled up HBK running around with his bad influence friends and Turner money could have went south quickly.
And remember the company was in a different place in 97 as opposed to 99. Vince could probably easily afford to pay hbk with all da money that was coming in 99. 97 shyt was bad.

Ultimately i think Sean probably gave him an ultimatium and because they were closer, he ran bret outtta town. Vince was probably hearing about Bret being paid more every day

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
It's so crazy how a lot of these wrestlers look to Vince like a father figure, especially the ones whose father's were in their lives. I get that he made you rich and famous but at the end of the day, he was/is your boss.

Maybe because wrestlers spend a lot of time with each other and the promoters that they feel that way.
I think it’s more so he’s looked at like a head coach by them vs a typical boss.